Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,807 members, 7,959,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:18 PM

Nigerian Coaches Vs Foreign Technical Advisers. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Coaches Vs Foreign Technical Advisers. (2133 Views)

A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches / Arsene Wenger Offers To Train Nigerian Coaches / Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Coaches Vs Foreign Technical Advisers. by Gorrjigen(m): 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2007
I just need to chip in a word or two for those who are against foreign coaches for the Super Eagles.

First, i will like to know why Austin Eguavon has not resigned since a new contract was announced for Vogts. It was clear Eguavon lacked vision for the super Eagles, he actually showed his incompetence in Egypt 2006 allowing football agents to dictate the team list, i actually got tired of him when he was blaming the type of football used for the Eagles loss of the Match in Lesotho, i said Eagles lost because the Crocodile were celebrating after the match even though they were beaten 1-0 by the Eagles.
I also have a word or two against the other baby coaches, i wonder how they can coach the eagles properly while the two were involved in the controversy that made Eagles exit the 1994 world cup.Amokachi is a very sorry case, colluding with Finidi to stop passes going to Rashidi Yekini. I wonder, what these ones will teach the new generation of players under them. It was horrible watching Amokachi shouting at the South African referee in a friendly with their under 23 last year, i wonder the kind of Administrators that gave him the job.
For the football agents like Shittu and others, i will warn any player that actually needs a career in football to desist from following them, they are human trafikkers-go-lucky, reaping from ruining the careers of our young players. One of them based in Norway was even advising the NFA to only employ a coach that is hungry for success, a type that is soft weight that they can always influence as they are doing to Eguavon.
I actualy want Eguavon to explain why he should use Ogbuke playing in Norway when Ogunsoto was scoring super goals in Belgium. The Norwagian league is not even as good as our league at home.

For the other upcoming players e.g Mikel, i wish you ask yourself one question, WHY HAS OKOCHA'S CAREER ENDED SO COOLY.? Okocha was a bright hope for Nigerian football when he broke in to limelight in 1990, many coaches easily said he will follow in the footstep of pele and maradona, but what happened?, He put money before career, going to play in turkey or psg for no activity , just hid himself in the cooler, o. k sha i will continue later
Re: Nigerian Coaches Vs Foreign Technical Advisers. by 9ja4eva: 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2007
Gorrjigen:

I just need to chip in a word or two for those who are against foreign coaches for the Super Eagles.

First, i will like to know why Austin Eguavon has not resigned since a new contract was announced for Vogts. It was clear Eguavon lacked vision for the super Eagles, he actually showed his incompetence in Egypt 2006 allowing football agents to dictate the team list, i actually got tired of him when he was blaming the type of football used for the Eagles loss of the Match in Lesotho, i said Eagles lost because the Crocodile were celebrating after the match even though they were beaten 1-0 by the Eagles.
I also have a word or two against the other baby coaches, i wonder how they can coach the eagles properly while the two were involved in the controversy that made Eagles exit the 1994 world cup.Amokachi is a very sorry case, colluding with Finidi to stop passes going to Rashidi Yekini. I wonder, what these ones will teach the new generation of players under them. It was horrible watching Amokachi shouting at the South African referee in a friendly with their under 23 last year, i wonder the kind of Administrators that gave him the job.
For the football agents like Shittu and others, i will warn any player that actually needs a career in football to desist from following them, they are human trafikkers-go-lucky, reaping from ruining the careers of our young players. One of them based in Norway was even advising the NFA to only employ a coach that is hungry for success, a type that is soft weight that they can always influence as they are doing to Eguavon.
I actualy want Eguavon to explain why he should use Ogbuke playing in Norway when Ogunsoto was scoring super goals in Belgium. The Norwagian league is not even as good as our league at home.

For the other upcoming players e.g Mikel, i wish you ask yourself one question, WHY HAS OKOCHA'S CAREER ENDED SO COOLY.? Okocha was a bright hope for Nigerian football when he broke in to limelight in 1990, many coaches easily said he will follow in the footstep of pele and maradona, but what happened?, He put money before career, going to play in turkey or psg for no activity , just hid himself in the cooler, o. k sha i will continue later

I agree with some of your points but the one i dont go with is the Eguaveon on.Where was d NFA when Eguaveon qualified us for the nations cup.See ehen d thing is so tiring with d way our NFA is been run.What kinda organization do they have dere.Well i did pick Eguaveon to coach Vogts as dt to me will be a superb combination.What do u all think?
Re: Nigerian Coaches Vs Foreign Technical Advisers. by Egenti(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2007
Gorrjigen,

Forgive me if I didn't get ur name correctly, however, with a name like that I do not think you are Nigerian.
The state of our football is not only sad but annoying. You were busy criticising young men who gave themselves to help. How do you explain a situation where somebody is being owed as much as 9months salary and all we do is condemn him for not performing. Can you imagine any foreign coach being owed such ridiculous amount of salary?

Come to think of it what has the NFA done for any of these guys to expect so much from any one of them? There are countries which attach there coaches to some foreign clubs to understudy well established coaches like Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger, while all the expense is borne by such countries' FA. We cannot even boast of sending any one of our local coaches on a training course abroad.

Cast your mind back to Siasa's preparation towards the last youth tournament. What kind of treatment what meted out to him. why do we keep doing this to our own only to turn around and condemn them while we would go out of our way to provide the white skinned man with all he asks for and more and make them appear to be superhuman. where is Clemens Westerhoff? where is Bonfrere Jo?

As for Jay Jay I beg to disagree with you in the sense that the young man can hold his head up high any where in the world as an accomplished soccer star. To have played inthe national team for over fourteen (14) years and still be expeced to play is criminal; na wetin una wan kill am? Some kids born the year he started playing for the national team could be playing in our U-17 team. Oga Jay Jay, God bless you jare!

(1) (Reply)

Fabregas Vs Ronaldo / Barcelona Fans Rejoice As Madrid Slips / 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.