Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed (2850 Views)

Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser / Nigerian Coaches Vs Foreign Technical Advisers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2010
Communique delivered at the end of the NFF meeting.

Main points:

1. The Board congratulated the PTF and NSC for the support so far.
2. Decided that a Technical adviser be appointed for the Super Eagles.
3. The technical committee to contact the following
      a. Bruno Metsu,
      b. Guus Hiddink
      c. Ratomir Dujković
      d. Peter Taylor
      e. Louis van Gaal (not available)
      f.  Hassan Shehata ( not available)
      g. Giovanni Trapattoni

*The Technical committee were given till the end February to reduce the list to three and select a Technical Adviser.

Meeting is adjoined till Tuesday next week…

Personally I go for option (e)
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2010
one more thing, Amodu is going to take over the home based SUPER EAGLES, guess its not all bad.

but i doubt if BAYERN will release VAN GAAL
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by NIGboi(m): 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2010
(b)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 12:28am On Feb 06, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

(b)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!! Hiddink will be my second choice; we all saw how he turned around Chelsea team. It was the same set of players under Scolari that he inherited so I believe he can bring the swagger out of the SE too, but Van Gaal has proved it over time and has never failed to impact on any team he has managed. I will always go 4 (e)
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Ibime(m): 8:09am On Feb 06, 2010
Amodu demoted to Home-based Eagles. . . . meaning he still gets his full salary, and Sani Lulu can still take his cut whilst the Presidential Task Force foot the bill of the new manager.

Now regarding the shortlist, these people must be having a laugh. With the exception of Metsu and perhaps Dujkovic, the others are either not qualified, out of our range, or do not understand African football.

Do any of these magas think Van Gaal is going to leave Bayern to come and work for an incompetent body like NFF?

Peter Taylor? Whoever suggested his name on that list should be fired on the spot! Maybe its someone who has gone to do a "Berti Vogts" style deal with him.

Anyway, Amaechi and Okocha should just appoint SiaSia for me if they dont want my trouble. All this other rigmaroll is just a waste of time.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 06, 2010
What am i to say
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 8:22am On Feb 06, 2010
if we prep a gud offer 4 van gaal, he will come, i believe sum wre put in d list 2 fill d gap. we no d final 3.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by 9ijaprince(m): 9:01am On Feb 06, 2010
Poor Amodu. Twice qualified Nigeria to world cup.Twice not given the chance to lead nigeria to world cup. Sorry for him.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 9:16am On Feb 06, 2010
Ibime:

Amodu demoted to Home-based Eagles. . . . meaning he still gets his full salary, and Sani Lulu can still take his cut whilst the Presidential Task Force foot the bill of the new manager.

Now regarding the shortlist, these people must be having a laugh. With the exception of Metsu and perhaps Dujkovic, the others are either not qualified, out of our range, or do not understand African football.

Do any of these magas think Van Gaal is going to leave Bayern to come and work for an incompetent body like NFF?

Peter Taylor? Whoever suggested his name on that list should be fired on the spot! Maybe its someone who has gone to do a "Berti Vogts" style deal with him.

Anyway, Amaechi and Okocha should just appoint SiaSia for me if they dont want my trouble. All this other rigmaroll is just a waste of time.

They will only give it to Siasia when they run out of options and are not able get any of the shortlisted to take up the job. maybe by then it will be 2 months to the WC. I just hope they do the right thing for once!!!

9ijaprince:

Poor Amodu. Twice qualified Nigeria to world cup.Twice not given the chance to lead nigeria to world cup. Sorry for him.

Am sorry for him too but he is not good enough. SORRY!!
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Seun(m): 9:17am On Feb 06, 2010
What? No source?
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 9:55am On Feb 06, 2010
Seun:

What? No source?

I was at the glass house yesterday and waited all tru, but if you want source

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8501722.stm
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by montelik(m): 10:15am On Feb 06, 2010
Am sorry for him too but he is not good enough. SORRY!!
Then why didn't they specify in his contract that he is good enough to do all the hard work of qualification, but not to lead the team he qualified to the World cup? undecided

Anyway it seems we are still going round in circles. (e) Van Gaal can never sign a long term full contract and even if he does, he will abscond the moment some European club come calling. (b) Hiddink is plainly wishful thinking, ain't going to happen, least of all at such short notice. (c) Peter Taylor, don't just annoy me with such stupid talk. I would rather have Christian Chukwu. As for (a) Metsu & (c) Dujkovic what magic are they going to perform in 3 months before the world cup. Even the great Siasia can't perform any miracle within the time frame required. At a time when most serious nations going to the WC are giving their coaches what they require to perform in SA (regardless of whether they like them or not e.g Raymond Domenech of France), we are once again continuing our fire brigade approach believing it will all come right thanks to some magician. Good luck with that.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by toosoon(m): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2010
psychu:

I was at the glass house yesterday and waited all tru, but if you want source

again where is the source of below?

a. Bruno Metsu,
b. Guus Hiddink
c. Ratomir Dujković
d. Peter Taylor
e. Louis van Gaal
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 10:38am On Feb 06, 2010
montelik:

Then why didn't they specify in his contract that he is good enough to do all the hard work of qualification, but not to lead the team he qualified to the World cup? undecided

Anyway it seems we are still going round in circles. (e) Van Gaal can never sign a long term full contract and even if he does, he will abscond the moment some European club come calling. (b) Hiddink is plainly wishful thinking, ain't going to happen, least of all at such short notice. (c) Peter Taylor, don't just annoy me with such silly talk. I would rather have Christian Chukwu. As for (a) Metsu & (c) Dujkovic what magic are they going to perform in 3 months before the world cup. Even the great Siasia can't perform any miracle within the time frame required. At a time when most serious nations going to the WC are giving their coaches what they require to perform in SA (regardless of whether they like them or not e.g Raymond Domenech of France), we are once again continuing our fire brigade approach believing it will all come right thanks to some magician. Good luck with that.

You know, its the players that qualified us not AMODU.

If we can arrange (e) to take us to the WC with SIASIA as assistant, after the WC SIASIA can sign a 4 yr deal to handle the SE. we can work something outwith Bayern
Hiddink said this morning that he will stay in Russia till the end of his contract. He is drawing up plans for the EURO 2012
Taylor-NO WAY! but for (a) and (c) they will need more time to make an impact, WE can consider them for long term contract.
but for an impact in this WC only (b) and (e) can make an instant impact they have demostrated it over time.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Ikhilor(m): 10:49am On Feb 06, 2010
This is the height of madness,this is surely going to backfire,three months to the WC! Now all those never do well,s that have conspired to make life unbearable for Amodu can now go give thanksgiving in their various churches and mosques, their negative dreams have been answered,we,ll see what happen,s from here.Sad day for Africa and her people, sad that an African is once again robbed in broad daylight and someone else that had nothing to do with the cooked food given the whole food to eat.This is only confirming that a lot of Africans will never grow out of their self hate, inferiority complex and blatant injustice,the stage is now set for failure because you don,t need be a rocket scientist to know that no magician can help a team four months to the WC.
What an ungrateful nation,with this, a lot of people will rather sit by the side and watch this wicked contraption called Nigeria die than stick out their neck for her to live.The Gods are angry and hopefully we,ll survive their fury.This is the second time, even if they said thunder does,nt strike in the same place twice, in Nigeria that has been made possible,unbelievable but true.
Amodu has to go home knowing that he has an army of supporters, those that saw in him a coach that  had his  limitations (which could have been worked on) but was good enough to qualify an ungrateful nation twice and that for the same number of times has been robbed,cheated,insulted, raped,disillusioned.  This is not dying down any time soon,Nigeria is going to the WC as seriously troubled, no amount of miracles will help them this time,because those that are behind this will not let there be peace in the team. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 10:52am On Feb 06, 2010
too_soon:

again where is the source of below?

a. Bruno Metsu,
b. Guus Hiddink
c. Ratomir Dujković
d. Peter Taylor
e. Louis van Gaal

I have access to a copy of the communiqué issue after the meeting.
Also check

Nigeria part company with coach Shaibu Amodu  

Amodu is out of work despite taking Nigeria to the semi-finals in Angola  
Nigeria have sacked coach Shaibu Amodu despite the team's third-place finish at this year's Africa Cup of Nations.

It is the second time the 51-year-old has been removed from his post ahead of a World Cup finals tournament.

The decision was taken after a late-night meeting of the Nigerian Football Federation in Abuja.

Dutchman Guus Hiddink, currently Russia's coach, is among those on a shortlist of preferred candidates to replace Amodu.

Earlier this week, Egypt coach Hassan Shehata claimed he had been approached by Nigeria to lead them at the World Cup later this year, while Zambia boss Herve Renard says he has been approached by several other African teams.

Amodu was in his fourth stint as national coach, having also managed Nigeria from 1994-95, 1998-99 and 2001-02.

He was also fired ahead of the 2002 World Cup finals after Nigeria again finished third at the African Nations Cup.

He returned to the role in 2008 having ended a spell as manager of Nigerian Premier League side Sharks FC three years earlier.

The Super Eagles boss was under intense pressure going into the African Cup of Nations in Angola, with calls from several quarters for him to be fired.

Despite guiding Nigeria to the semi-finals the team's style of play, his tactics and key decision-making were all questioned during the tournament.

The Super Eagles lost 1-0 to Ghana in the final four but beat Algeria by the same scoreline to secure third place.

The NFF must now move swiftly to recruit a new coach with the World Cup finals in South Africa just over four months away.

Nigeria are in Group B along with Argentina, Greece and South Korea, with their opening match against the Argentines on 12 June in Johannesburg.

NFF media officer Idah Peterside said: "The technical committee of the federation has been mandated to have a new man in place by the end of the month."

Other names in the frame are thought to include former England caretaker manager Peter Taylor, Bruno Metsu, who coached Senegal to the 2002 World Cup quarter-finals, and Ratomir Dujkovic, Ghana's coach at the last World Cup in Germany.

Amodu, meanwhile, has been given the task of overseeing Nigeria's home-based players for the new African Nations Champions tournament, a competition for players who play their club football in Africa.

Peterside added: "He will be in charge of talent identification and finding players for the future."
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by chidyke77(m): 11:01am On Feb 06, 2010
Siasia is still d best bt if d insist on a foreigner,i think Van Gal wl be better and Hiddink too bt nt sure if Hiddink gonna accept d offer. I always prefer Dutch coaches coz they are always beta wt our team couple wt d 4-4-2 formation d normally adopt that always favors our style of play.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 11:08am On Feb 06, 2010
Ikhilor:

This is the height of madness,this is surely going to backfire,three months to the WC! Now all those never do well,s that have conspired to make life unbearable for Amodu can now go give thanksgiving in their various churches and mosques, their negative dreams have been answered,we,ll see what happen,s from here.Sad day for Africa and her people, sad that an African is once again robbed in broad daylight and someone else that had nothing to do with the cooked food given the whole food to eat.This is only confirming that a lot of Africans will never grow out of their self hate, inferiority complex and blatant injustice,the stage is now set for failure because you don,t need be a rocket scientist to know that no magician can help a team four months to the WC.
What an ungrateful nation,with this, a lot of people will rather sit by the side and watch this wicked contraption called Nigeria die than stick out their neck for her to live.The Gods are angry and hopefully we,ll survive their fury.This is the second time, even if they said thunder does,nt strike in the same place twice, in Nigeria that has been made possible,unbelievable but true.
Amodu has to go home knowing that he has an army of supporters, those that saw in him a coach that  had his  limitations (which could have been worked on) but was good enough to qualify an ungrateful nation twice and that for the same number of times has been robbed,cheated,insulted, despoiled,disillusioned.  This is not dying down any time soon,Nigeria is going to the WC as seriously troubled, no amount of miracles will help them this time,because those that are behind this will not let there be peace in the team. angry angry angry angry angry angry

CALM DOWN! Amodu was paid for his services. Can you rememberhow many coaches Brazil had before 2002 WC they won. We should be comparing ourselves with Brazil not some country with the population of Lagos. We need to harness the abundant talents in the country and we need to perform in this WC. The problem is the time waisting. The Tech Committee has till the end of this month.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Ikhilor(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2010
[/quote]CALM DOWN! Amodu was paid for his services. Can you remember how many coaches Brazil had before 2002 WC they won. We should be comparing ourselves with Brazil not some country with the population of Lagos. We need to harness the abundant talents in the country and we need to perform in this WC. The problem is the time waisting. The Tech Committee has till the end of this month.[quote]

I,m  not happy with this development for different reasons,first being that, it only confirmed the black man as having no belief in his capabilities,a great injustice has occurred under our noses again,the need for gradual development of local coaches has been once more thrown into the dust bin.If we refuse to learn from our mistakes, how on earth are we going to learn and improve with time?
I disagree that we should be comparing ourselves with Brazil, because in Brazil, the football federation is not run like this,they,ve not to my knowledge sacked a coach 4 months to the WC before,maybe  I,m mistaken though.I agree we have to harness the abundant talents that abound in our country but we should forget about performing any miracle in the WC."The tech committee has till the end of the month" what a travesty, that means by then it,ll be a mere 3 months to the WC and you still expect a "white mercenary" coach to perform miracles?
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Str8talk: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2010
@chidyke77
Pls remind me of the spectacular achievements of Siasia
I remember that he has only coached in age-grade competition where there are huge opportunities for cheating
I see leading 2-1 with only 20 mins left with a 1-man advantage against Germany in Cairo and then losing 2-3 in regualtion time as technical deficiency

@Psychu
I don't see Van Gaal & co harvesting these abundant talents in 4 months
No coach will harvest abundant talents with the type of pressure Amodu has been under!
Nigerians want short cut. How many Nigerian supporters did Chelsea have 10 years ago?
Now they as numerous as locusts with the advent of Abramovich and Mourinho
Are Nigerians passionate about local teams?
We only want finished goods: Man U, Chelsea, foreign coach, Nokia phones; never Eyimba or Chinese phones (or Made-in-Nigeria Phones or goods)
(sorry the comment about the phone is the curious disdain for Chinese phones by people whose country does not even manufacture phone accessories)
Which coach will strick with abundant talents when he ahs to perform quickly
The same way people award contracts to Julius Berger to play safe
And these talents are really abundant at yahoo, yahoo schemes!
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by sultan003(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2010
Who is this Peter Taylor?? Apart from Van Gaal and Guus, what are the rest doing on that list? If NFF can't get b and e, they should better reinstate amodu or bring berti vogts back. which kin nonsense be dis? angry angry
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Str8talk: 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2010
BTW, only roadside coaches will take the job!
People who care about their reputation will only take the job only if they have a cast-iron contract for
- a modest target eg no scandalous loss
- a long term contract to begin building a new generation of SE after 2010 world cup

Remember
Ancelloti, Hinddink, Shehata, Alain Giresse directly or indirectly snubbed Nigeria
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Borat1: 1:58pm On Feb 06, 2010
First things first, amodu sacked? Thank goodness!
Its a victory for sanity!
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by tunku(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2010
Ikhilor:

Amodu has to go home knowing that he has an army of supporters, those that saw in him a coach that  had his  limitations (which could have been worked on) but was good enough to qualify an ungrateful nation twice and that for the same number of times has been robbed,cheated,insulted, despoiled,disillusioned.  This is not dying down any time soon,Nigeria is going to the WC as seriously troubled, no amount of miracles will help them this time,because those that are behind this will not let there be peace in the team. angry angry angry angry angry angry

You are absolutely spot on. I am not saying that Amodu is the best man for the job, but damn it he qualified Nigeria for the World Cups twice only to be sacked before he could taste his rewards. If you didn't want him there, then don't appoint him in the first place. I reign vituperative down on the NFF and whatever white mercenary that is no better than Amodu to begin with. Look at what happen with Berti Vogts, where did he lead Nigeria? Did he lead us to Semi-final in ACON? No! he failed. The time for white mercenaries to lead the largest black nation on earth is over. We have people that are qualified and able to lead us to glory but not whatever foreign merde the NFF decides to hire. Zap. Nigeria and the NFF and anyone singing its praise.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by Ibime(m): 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2010
With only ONE friendly match to the World Cup, those advocating for foreign manager are stupid.

How is Hiddink/Van Gaal gonna get players from the World Cup with only one friendly to test players? They will just call up the same old men like Yakubu, Yobo and Olofinjana because of the teams they play for. How are Hiddink/Van Gaal to know that these players are too old to play footie properly?

A manager like Sia-Sia already knows which young players are out there to replace the squad, and he can do so with only a couple of months to the World Cup.

NFF, stop thinking like monkeys please. White manager ko, white manager ni! Does a white manager know that Yakubu et al are approaching 40?
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by ow11(m): 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2010
Knowing the antecedents of NFF, The future coach of the SE will probably be Metsu or Djukovic!! So much for our continued self delusion that we can attract the best coaches in the world. . .

Siasia for TA of the SE. .
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 5:20pm On Feb 06, 2010
ow11:

Knowing the antecedents of NFF, The future coach of the SE will probably be Metsu or Djukovic!! So much for our continued self delusion that we can attract the best coaches in the world. . .

Siasia for TA of the SE. .

They should give Siasia the team after the WC to build a team towards 2014 but for now we need a quick fix
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2010
Str8talk:

@chidyke77
Pls remind me of the spectacular achievements of Siasia
I remember that he has only coached in age-grade competition where there are huge opportunities for cheating
I see leading 2-1 with only 20 mins left with a 1-man advantage against Germany in Cairo and then losing 2-3 in regualtion time as technical deficiency

@Psychu
I don't see Van Gaal & co harvesting these abundant talents in 4 months
No coach will harvest abundant talents with the type of pressure Amodu has been under!
Nigerians want short cut. How many Nigerian supporters did Chelsea have 10 years ago?
Now they as numerous as locusts with the advent of Abramovich and Mourinho
Are Nigerians passionate about local teams?
We only want finished goods: Man U, Chelsea, foreign coach, Nokia phones; never Eyimba or Chinese phones (or Made-in-Nigeria Phones or goods)
(sorry the comment about the phone is the curious disdain for Chinese phones by people whose country does not even manufacture phone accessories)
Which coach will strick with abundant talents when he ahs to perform quickly
The same way people award contracts to Julius Berger to play safe
And these talents are really abundant at yahoo, yahoo schemes!

Siasia has gotten Silver for us twice and he still remains our best in terms of technical ability. If you remember Siasia’s first try, it was still the same NFF that frustrated him to the extent of him hustling for cash from his Governor but at the end he succeeded and became a hero. No excuses for AMODU again pls, Let us make an impact in this WC then we can start talking about NFF by August election

Van Gaal or Hiddink will work the magic!

Anyway another Update , we now have (f) Hassan Shehata
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by kcjazz(m): 5:41pm On Feb 06, 2010
What an irony, the man who said Naija league is bastardized is now given the job to develop a team from the same league . From one bad decision to another. undecided

Well lets wait for the WC coach, I prefer Metsu or Guus, my problem with Guus is that the media will put pressure on the team, which I dont think is a good thing. Thanks Amodu, once again you have been screwed, see you in 2013 if we fail to learn our lessons and plan.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by psychu: 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2010
kcjazz:

What an irony, the man who said Naija league is bastardized is now given the job to develop a team from the same league . From one bad decision to another. undecided

Well lets wait for the WC coach, I prefer Metsu or Guus, my problem with Guus is that the media will put pressure on the team, which I dont think is a good thing. Thanks Amodu, once again you have been screwed, see you in 2013 if we fail to learn our lessons and plan.

You still don't understand, its a way of sacking the guy without paying him off. Amodu was invited to the meeting yesterday, I personally wanted to see his face but he shuned the meeting. He is definitely not going to take the job, he will resign.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by AndreUweh(m): 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2010
Even if the NFF apoints all of them shortlisted, they will all fail. The super eagles at the moment lacks quality players.
Amodu should be reinstated.
Siasia the failure at Egypt last september.
Van gal who could not qualify The Netherlands in 2002 world cup.
Hiddink, good at Chelsea but could not beat Slovenia of all teams.
Taylor, has no experience.
@the NFF, wrong move.
Re: Amodu Sacked, Foreign Technical Adviser To Be Appointed by omar22(m): 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2010
they should have sacked him before the nations cup

He has fluked his way all along his luck ran out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Heard About Scorum? Earn Passive Income Without Investing A Dime / BREAKING:John Utaka Is The New Coach.... / How DJ Cuppy Will Serve Anthony Joshua This Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.