Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

How To Promote Your Music Brand As A Poor Male/female Upcoming Artiste. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Promote Your Music Brand As A Poor Male/female Upcoming Artiste. (656 Views)

Davido's Poor Guitar Boy Releases First Single / How To Make A Hit Song In Nigeria, As An Upcoming Artiste! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Promote Your Music Brand As A Poor Male/female Upcoming Artiste. by tobianodino(m): 11:13am On Mar 14, 2017
How to promote your music brand as a poor male/female upcoming artiste. wink

1:BE FRIEND WITH DJ'S. After recording your song the next thing for you to do is to be heard? Now this is the right time for you to be friend with so many djs as much as possible believe me,coz we artistes are nothing but just an ordinary microphone,but dj's are our speaker,their was this guy i met in ijesha his name is dj black,this guy is a lil bro to me but once i heard that this guy is a dj,am the one that walk up to him and ask for his digits and this guy said bro you goan record jingle for me,and i said that ain't problem,just be playing my songs everywhere you go and let them know that there's one artiste bearing B2R,so bro/sis you need dj in your hustle coz they are one of the important ladders we artistes will climb to a greater heights in our career.

2:FIND YOURSELF SHOWS. As an upcoming act you need to be going to shows i mean just be going out let them know you in your area,city,town,environs etc. When i recorded my first single titled jekajo then. When it's weekends i'll just dress up and be roaming about may be i can see any show that they are performing and fortunately it helps me coz i was known in my environs coz i use to trek barracks,yaba,ojuelegba,lawanson,aguda,shitta,alaka,costain,ebute metta etc. I just wanted to be known. And there's a day i went to shitta to perform and the dj be like are you invited? Do you know anybody here? And i said no but am an upcoming artiste and i just wanted to perform,and the dj was like no this guy is serious,and he tell me to stay beside him and immediately he called the m.c to include my name to the list of performing artiste. And thank God,they love my song and my performance and from there i exchange contacts with the dj and the m.c and both of them use to call me that b2r we have show at so so so place to the extent that i run for shows,and i recorded jingles for the dj then,and this Dj happens to be one of the best Dj in shitta. Hope you know dj hypno? This dj hit me up with celebs then,he really tried for me but you know God's time is the best. So please go out don't just stay indoor forming artiste.

3:CREATE AWARENESS. How many beings knows you in your area as an artiste? Please let them know,the earlier the better,call your fellow artistes y'all should sit down reason together,y'all should contribute money to make posters,flyers,banners etc to organise a show,just like the coming Easter you can organize a little show,believe me,it really helps a lot. Let them know that this is what you are doing coz you never can tell someone might just see your efforts and from there something good can happen.

4:BE FRIEND WITH BLOGGERS. I know you've recorded your song,now you want it online? But have you ever wondered how much naijaloaded,tooxclusive,naijabreed,etc charged. Bro/sis for now don't even think of those nigeria most hyped music sites. Please start from the scratch,just as we have upcoming artistes,dancers,djs,etc you know say we have upcoming liers,bedwetters,thieves,agberos. Lolz. Do you know we have upcoming bloggers too? Patronise them let them blog your song for you,blog like i disturb naija,trendbaze,ijebuloaded,naijaexpress,hallanaija etc will do it for you. Are you scared of the charging? Just don't worry,they have as lil as 1k stuff and they'll do it for you 100% clean,reasonable,and matured job just like the top blog we use to know.

5:BE ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Bro/sis if you are an upcoming artiste and you ain't on facebook,twitter,instagram,skype,bbm,whatsapp, if at least 2go. Then i think you ain't ready for the hustle. Believe me social media is part of the hustle this dayz coz this is where you'll be noticed more. There was a time i did a cover to skelewu and have promoted the song on facebook and twitter then,but i know that have not gotten the downloads that i needed. Did you know that i went to 2go rooms to promote my song over there and at least i gat 20 downloads from there. Other thing is sitdown and think how can i be known on social media? I started the hashtag thing two years ago and some people will be like this guy too dey make noise jare i no dey like hin post jhur,not knowing that am promoting myself lil by lil,coz the more you see the hash tag i am b2r omo iya nurse the more you'll get familiar with me,my name and my music,and now that name has cast a lil. After all the tips have giving to you,you still have to wake up at the middle of the night pray to GOD over your career. Goan meet your alfa,pastor,herbalist let them call on GOD for you,let them do juju for you,bro/sis you really need it. Coz there's more to the game than what you are seeing and thinking.

Thanks for take your time....God Bless Me and You...God Bless Nigeria!
Am i making sense? Written by AROLAMBO QUDUS OLAWALE aka B2R #IAMB2R #OMOIYANURSE
search me on facebook with the hashtag above

cc airmark r231 Freiburger

listen to my single Life in the ghetto http://hulkshare.com/born2rap/b2r-ft-crown-bc-life-in-the-ghetto
Re: How To Promote Your Music Brand As A Poor Male/female Upcoming Artiste. by ijebuloaded(m): 1:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
God bless you tobianodino

1 Like

Re: How To Promote Your Music Brand As A Poor Male/female Upcoming Artiste. by tobianodino(m): 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
ijebuloaded:
God bless you tobianodino

and u too bro Na me Akinpelu Toheeb for facebook o

(1) (Reply)

Queen Of Rap(Nicki Minaj) Replaces Queen Of Soul(Aretha Franklin) / Gegemu By Danyjerryz Ft Uzboi Vodio X Tee Swag (prod By Sweetmartinz) / MIXTAPE: Naijapopup Ft. DJ Emmy – Yawa Vs If (NP Monthly Mix April Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.