Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Computer Engineer Vs Computer Science - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Computer Engineer Vs Computer Science (1057 Views)

Software Engineer Vs Network & Systems Administrator / Is A Degree In Computer Science Still Worth It??? / For Computer Science Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Engineer Vs Computer Science by veri5ied: 5:41am On Mar 15, 2017
hi, good morning...
please I'm a bit confuse about these two course CE n CS

please which of them offers you the learning of programming, javascript n web developing...please I need your replies, I'm about to make the greatest decision in my life (School)
Re: Computer Engineer Vs Computer Science by talk2bash42: 6:57am On Mar 15, 2017
“Computer Science” is an umbrella term which encompasses four major areas of computing: theory, algorithms, programming languages, and architecture. At the undergraduate level, programs usually cover a broad range of computing topics and allow students to engage in projects across multiple areas. For graduate studies in computer science, it is typical to focus on one area. Therefore, it is important to research the graduate program to make sure that the school has the faculty and resources that you need to complete your master’s or doctoral project.

“Computer Engineering” typically focuses specifically on computer hardware and software. It is an integration of computer science and electrical engineering. For this reason, many people who want to become computer engineers earn an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering (often with a minor or double major in computer science), and then earn a graduate degree in computer engineering. When searching for a graduate program, look for schools that are equally strong in computer science and engineering.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Engineer Vs Computer Science by veri5ied: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2017
talk2bash42:
“Computer Science” is an umbrella term which encompasses four major areas of computing: theory, algorithms, programming languages, and architecture. At the undergraduate level, programs usually cover a broad range of computing topics and allow students to engage in projects across multiple areas. For graduate studies in computer science, it is typical to focus on one area. Therefore, it is important to research the graduate program to make sure that the school has the faculty and resources that you need to complete your master’s or doctoral project.

“Computer Engineering” typically focuses specifically on computer hardware and software. It is an integration of computer science and electrical engineering. For this reason, many people who want to become computer engineers earn an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering (often with a minor or double major in computer science), and then earn a graduate degree in computer engineering. When searching for a graduate program, look for schools that are equally strong in computer science and engineering.

thanks I appreciate....I will go for computer engineering
Re: Computer Engineer Vs Computer Science by SetrakusRa(m): 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
veri5ied:
hi, good morning...
please I'm a bit confuse about these two course CE n CS

please which of them offers you the learning of programming, javascript n web developing ...please I need your replies, I'm about to make the greatest decision in my life (School)

Computer Science..

1 Like

Re: Computer Engineer Vs Computer Science by babajeje123(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
If you planned to further after your undergraduate, I'll advise you to go for CE. There's no public university that offer computer engr at Master's level apart from Covenant. You will still do some programming if you go for CE

1 Like

Re: Computer Engineer Vs Computer Science by veri5ied: 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
thanks all...I really appreciate
Re: Computer Engineer Vs Computer Science by lindaz12: 6:45am On Mar 16, 2017
talk2bash42:

Computer engineering award 2 degree in engineering I.e electrical and computer engineering. shocked

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy For Software Developer / Network Administration / Learn Digital Marketing,blog Ads,google Adense,social Media Marketing / Three Ways In Which Technology Is Transforming Accounting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.