Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,316 members, 7,864,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:35 PM

All Calculations You Need To Know For Solar System Design In One Place - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / All Calculations You Need To Know For Solar System Design In One Place (597 Views)

I Build Lithium Power Pack And Power Wall Of Any Size For Solar And I / A Practical Guide To Solar Power System Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All Calculations You Need To Know For Solar System Design In One Place by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 15, 2017
For Solar calculations and solar energy arithematics, the basic formula to know from electricity is that
Power(watts)= Current x Voltage
and
Energy (watt-hrs)= Power x Time
Where
P- Power (watts)
I-Current (Amperes)
V- Voltage (Volts)

Sizing your DC cables from Panel to Controller

No matter your kind of design, failure starts from not properly sizing your cables well. Ideally low voltage systems implies that high current will flow through the line so to calculate the size of cable you need, this formula will come in handy.

(Length of cable x current from panel x 0.04) /(inverter dc voltage/20)= cable thickness (mm)

READ MORE

http://vtsolarenergy.com.ng/blog/solar-calculations-simplified/
Re: All Calculations You Need To Know For Solar System Design In One Place by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
VtSolarEnergy:
For Solar calculations and solar energy arithematics, the basic formula to know from electricity is that
Power(watts)= Current x Voltage
and
Energy (watt-hrs)= Power x Time
Where
P- Power (watts)
I-Current (Amperes)
V- Voltage (Volts)

Sizing your DC cables from Panel to Controller

No matter your kind of design, failure starts from not properly sizing your cables well. Ideally low voltage systems implies that high current will flow through the line so to calculate the size of cable you need, this formula will come in handy.

(Length of cable x current from panel x 0.04) /(inverter dc voltage/20)= cable thickness (mm)

READ MORE

http://vtsolarenergy.com.ng/blog/solar-calculations-simplified/

(1) (Reply)

MTN,GLO AIRTEL Etisalat?which Is The Worst Network In Nigeria For You? / Iphone Or Samsung Issues? Get In Here For Help / For Sale!!! DRIFT OZ Console Driving Gear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.