Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

How To Identify A DJ - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Identify A DJ (455 Views)

Need A Dj Drop? Jingle? Radio Imaging? Podcast Intro? - Contact Me Now! / Help Identify A Song / Tribute To Late Mr. Raymond Akaolisa A.k.a Dj Ray(odenigbo 99.1fm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify A DJ by tobianodino(m): 11:29am On Mar 15, 2017
Y'll read how to identify a rapper and i believe y'll like it. https://www.nairaland.com/3682457/how-identify-rapper

Now this is how to identify a DJ when you see one.
1:the very first thing you'll ever notice when you see a dj is "HEADPHONE"i mean headphone not earpiece,though every other being uses headphone too but mostly you find it on dj's.

2:they dress normal,they don't use to dress tight like we rappers,they can wear shirt and trouser,though some of them love to dress tight but percentage of dj's who dress tight ain't really much.

3:you'll rarely see a dj using small phone,they love using big phones like iphone,samsung galaxy,android etc. Cz the big phone is part of their job coz is their mini laptop when they off to some places,and they wanted to be updated every seconds coz when most of this A list artists drops something they are the first being to download coz they wanted to play the song and add it to their party playlist.

4:you rarely see a dj using 2gb memory card,the lowest size of memory card you'll find from a dj is 8gb,they uses 32gb,hard drive,etc coz they wanted to have more songs as much as possible,so they create spaces for those songs.

5:this is where you'll mistake the turntable gods for the yahooboys. They talk about laptop a lot,most of them has laptop but you know we all love to upgrade,so they wanted to buy new laptop.

6:they talk about new jam a lot,i mean the new song rocking the town coz they can went for event to play for someone and if the owner of the event ask them that e.g do you have olamide new song? And if they say no. That's Bleep up for them,so they wanted to know the newest jam in town.

7:they does their own personal sticker and place it at the back of their laptop. Like my own official dj dj frizzle did. He does his own sticker,the sticker reads "DJ FRIZZLE,ITAL SOUND"and when i ask him that what's the meaning of ital? He said ital is a Jamaican language that means natural. So is motto is dj frizzle.... Natural sound.

Please note that this post is based on my own experience about djs. You can see someone doing all this things and still he/she will turn out not to be dj,but most times your guess will be right. Please prove me wrong after reading this post if am lieing. #IAMB2R #OMOIYANURSE

Listen to my track http://hulkshare.com/born2rap/b2r-ft-crown-bc-life-in-the-ghetto

(1) (Reply)

Upcoming Artistes, Can You Compete With This Artiste Mac Jamez / VYC - Jeje / Efe Spotted With Don Jazzy In A Music Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.