Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Funke Adesiyan Storms Alma Mater, Cries As She Meets Her Teacher (pics, Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funke Adesiyan Storms Alma Mater, Cries As She Meets Her Teacher (pics, Video) (1101 Views)

Naomi Campbell Excited As She Meets Ngozi Okonjo-iweala / Funke Adesiyan: "How My Tribal Marks Greatly Affected My Self-Esteem" / Funke Adesiyan Slams Lady Who Criticized Her Over Her Cleavage-Baring Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funke Adesiyan Storms Alma Mater, Cries As She Meets Her Teacher (pics, Video) by Towncrier247: 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
In the early 2000s, pretty Nigerian actress and politician, Funke Adesiyan, wore the double badge of Senior Prefect and Head Girl of Oriwu College, Ikorodu. She also dominated the school's Literary and Debating Society and other groups at the time. Now, for those who didn't know, Oriwu College is believed to be one of the most revered government secondary schools, not only in Lagos but Africa as a whole having won several enviable laurels to that effect.

The afore-stated therefore speaks volume about Funke Adesiyan's pedigree. Fast forward 2017, precisely on March 14 which was the actress' birthday, she decided to give back to her alma-mater. Funke Adesiyan returned to Oriwu College to give success tips to the students on how to be their best while in school and also discover themselves during and after school. The students could not hide their joy as many of them revealed that having the actress and the school's former Senior Prefect/Head Girl come around and address them has further reignite their confidence that that the future holds much promises for them as well.

It was an emotional and nostalgic moment as Funke relived the time she spent at the school as she could not help bursting into tears of joy. The talented actress and politician donated items to the school and cut her birthday cake with the students consisting of only the final year female students in the JSS and SSS classes.

However, the most nostalgic and and emotional moment for many at the event was when the actress reunited with one of her class teachers, Mrs Tijani. The actress hugged her teacher so tight as one can almost see goose bumps all over their skin. Interestingly, Mrs. Tijani who expressed her fulfilment happened to be the only teacher during Funke's time at Oriwu College, still around.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2017/03/funke-adesiyan-returns-to-her-alma.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7V0W9nbni4

Re: Funke Adesiyan Storms Alma Mater, Cries As She Meets Her Teacher (pics, Video) by Towncrier247: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
Funke is just one of the many popular names that came out of Oriwu College

Re: Funke Adesiyan Storms Alma Mater, Cries As She Meets Her Teacher (pics, Video) by Towncrier247: 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2017

Re: Funke Adesiyan Storms Alma Mater, Cries As She Meets Her Teacher (pics, Video) by demolinka(m): 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
Na so dem welcome me for my Alma mater, Havard, that year when I go visit them smiley

As in Havard Montessori Nursery school, Amukoko

(1) (Reply)

Checkout The Striking Post Of This Curvy Woman That Has Got People Talking / Single Lady With No Means Of Income Be Living In A Palatial Apartment? Eucharia / Amidst Death Controversy, Baba Sala Goes To Church Today (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.