Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,163 members, 7,845,824 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Teacher Blinds Girl's Eyes With Cane - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Blinds Girl's Eyes With Cane (353 Views)

Outrage As Teacher Damages Student's Eye With Cane / This Crazy Optical Illusion Will Disappear Before Your Very Eyes / Teenager Loses Sight Over Teacher's Cane (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teacher Blinds Girl's Eyes With Cane by oludamolaBlackP(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2017
A 14-year-old girl, Ralia Suleiman, is in need of N1 million after she lost an eye due to being flogged by a teacher with a koboko.

The JSS3 student’s eye was damaged after she was flogged by a teacher, Moses Auta with a horsewhip embedded with iron pellets,

Premium Times reports that the incident occoured at Government Junior Secondary School, Kachia where Auta who is also the disciplinary teacher used a koboko toed with iron balls to beat The girl

Her father, Suleiman Umar Kachia who is a farmer said the girl would need N1 million to fix her eye and lamented that he did not have such amount.

He said: “I reported the case to Kachia Police Division. He (the teacher) took her to Kachia General Hospital, where we were referred to the National Eye Centre in Kaduna.

“The National Eye Centre said her eye lens has been destroyed and she cannot see from the eye. The only treatment they gave was to adjust the eyeball from falling into her skull and to stop the bleeding.”

Mr. Suleiman however said a private eye clinic in Kaduna said the eyesight could be restored, “but they demanded a deposit of N1million.

“Where do I raise N1million? Even if I will sell my house and the whole of my harvest, it can’t be up to that amount. It is even my relations that are paying the bill for the National Eye Centre treatment now.

“I am appealing to the Kaduna State Governor, the police and other relevant agencies and well-meaning Nigerians to please come to our aid.

“We are also seeking justice for the unjust treatment by the teacher who purposefully rendered my daughter one eyed and is roaming about freely as if nothing happened.”

Ralia also narrated what happened on the fateful day saying the teacher had called about 20 students to the laboratory to punish them.

She said: “He ordered all of us to roll on the dusty bare floor of the laboratory, and started beating each of us with the cane attached with iron balls.

“I told him I was sick and had injuries on my back, but he insisted on beating me until the cane hit me on my right eye and blood started gushing out of it. Other students started shouting, but he didn’t stop until a female teacher rushed in and stopped him.

“Even other teachers in the school have been complaining about the way he has been indiscriminately beating and injuring students.”

“The doctor said I will never see from the eye again, unless I am taken abroad for proper medical attention.

“I am missing school because of our frequent visits to hospital for follow up.”

see pix
http://blackpenng..com.ng/2017/03/teacher-blinds-girl-eyes-with-cane.html?m=1
Re: Teacher Blinds Girl's Eyes With Cane by Wackyrichy(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Company Should Innovate Or Perish.... Discuss / 5 Most Relevant Things Everyone Must Know Before Getting Into Marriage. / Holy Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.