Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time (1598 Views)

Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos / Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time / Lady Celebrates Her Parent's 34th Wedding Anniversary With These PDA Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by thebest1210(m): 9:35am On Mar 16, 2017
Good morning house,
Please, I plan going to see my girl's parents for the first time, in order to tell them of my intention (marriage) towards their daughter. This is my first time of ever going for such an occasion. My question is, should I go with some drinks and how properly should I present my message?
Thanks for your contributions.

MOD, Pls do justice to this. I want to get as much ideas as possible.

P. S. I am an igbo guy, from nsukka to be precise.
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by Young03(m): 9:39am On Mar 16, 2017
Nwa nsukka banyi which side u de go marry?
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by thebest1210(m): 9:52am On Mar 16, 2017
Young03:
Nwa nsukka banyi which side u de go marry?

Hahahahah.. .na for the same Nsukka ooo
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by Young03(m): 9:53am On Mar 16, 2017
thebest1210:

Hahahahah.. .na for the same Nsukka ooo
Enugu ezike?
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 16, 2017
As traditionalist, You ought to go there with some drinks.

**ngwu ocha** and other preferred hot drink, acceptable in that village/town.
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by thebest1210(m): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2017
Young03:

Enugu ezike?

No, Edem
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by Young03(m): 9:59am On Mar 16, 2017
thebest1210:

No, Edem

lol I pray make e no b d girl wey I de eye foe there oo
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by beyondwalls: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2017
Don't forget to ask your girl this same question.
She knows her parent and prolly one of her sisters or relative would have been married so she might have experience.
All the best!
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
You must go with the following:

1.) 2 bottles of seamans or commodore aromatic Schnapps for your father-in-law.

2.) 10yards of guinea-brocade fabric for your mother-in-law

3.) 22 kolanuts for the village elders of your in-laws

4.) 5,000Naira in 100 or 200 denominations for your sister & brother in-laws.

5.) Make sure you go along with atleast 1 of your friends for security purpose. I hear kidnapping for rituals are normal day to day job in that axis. grin cheesy grin

Lastly, you must smoke a parcel (tiny wrap of weed with rizler) of mushin olosha or ijora 7up weed (igbo) inorder for you to overcome shyness & nervousness when speaking with your in-laws. grin

After the visitation, make sure you thank me later with 4bottles of Heineken, a pack of Chesterfield Mint cigarette and 7,000Naira to conduct an acrobatic sexual vigil with an Olosho at ilese tollgate, Ijebu. grin cheesy grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
thebest1210:
Good morning house,
Please, I plan going to see my girl's parents for the first time, in order to tell them of my intention (marriage) towards their daughter. This is my first time of ever going for such an occasion. My question is, should I go with some drinks and how properly should I present my message?
Thanks for your contributions.

MOD, Pls do justice to this. I want to get as much ideas as possible.

P. S. I am an igbo guy, from nsukka to be precise.

Go with drinks and money, also you can go with a relative of yours
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by thebest1210(m): 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
Zoharariel:
You must go with the following:

1.) 2 bottles of seamans or commodore aromatic Schnapps for your father-in-law.

2.) 10yards of guinea-brocade fabric for your mother-in-law

3.) 22 kolanuts for the village elders of your in-laws

4.) 5,000Naira in 100 or 200 denominations for your sister & brother in-laws.

5.) Make sure you go along with atleast 1 of your friends for security purpose. I hear kidnapping for rituals are normal day to day job in that axis. grin cheesy grin

Lastly, you must smoke a parcel (tiny wrap of weed with rizler) of mushin olosha or ijora 7up weed (igbo) inorder for you to overcome shyness & nervousness when speaking with your in-laws. grin

After the visitation, make sure you thank me later with 4bottles of Heineken, a pack of Chesterfield Mint cigarette and 7,000Naira to conduct an acrobatic sexual vigil with an Olosho at ilese tollgate, Ijebu. grin cheesy grin

Hahahahah.. .Tanx man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by thebest1210(m): 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

Go with drinks and money, also you can go with a relative of yours

Tanx for the advice. But, what do I need the money for? I'm not going there to pay d bride price na
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by EYIBLESSN(m): 2:13am On Mar 17, 2017
Be firm. Don't talk too much. smile the more. listen before you talk. Avoid interruption while talking. be factual. Don't argue. Answer every questions one after the other. Ask questions when not understand a pointy. In Al be sincere.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by konfused: 7:55am On Mar 17, 2017
Re there no elders in your family?

Go to ur umumnna and enquire.

I wonder the kind of suggestion you are expecting from NL.

There are laid down traditions for such visit, go to any of your uncles or umunna and they will guide you properly.
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by byvan03: 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
First meeting is with a bottle if hot drink only .
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by Tochex101(m): 8:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
Your asking the wrong audience, ndi Igbo nwe omenala.
Unu kwesiri nwe okenye na bee unu.
Re: I Want To Go And See Her Parent For The First Time by Richy4(m): 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
Tochex101:
Your asking the wrong audience, ndi Igbo nwe omenala.
Unu kwesiri nwe okenye na bee unu.

I was tempted to suggest that he go with strong Brown leather belt and some "koboko"...When he gets there, he present it to the father and explain to him that he wants to marry his daughter and that this brown belt is what he will use in beating her anytime she misbehave....If I'm not mistaken Op is a son of the soil..Born and bred there..and he is asking ridiculous questions...Even if he wants general knowledge, at least he has watched one Nigerian Movie performed by his states men sad

(1) (Reply)

10+ Powerful Photos Of Dads In The Delivery Room To Celebrate Father’s Day / How Do You Find Purpose,fulfillment,peace And An Exciting Life As A Guy? / Video: Marriage Cancelled As Both Mother Inlaws Are Blood Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.