Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers (13097 Views)

Adama Beverages Workers Deny Report Of Mass Sack, Molestation Of Workers / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Fg Increases Salary Of Workers Next Year. (2) (3) (4)

Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by ijustdey: 7:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
Up to 60% of workers of the distressed airline Aero may have been laid off following dwindling operations by the airline which is the oldest in the country.

Findings show workers, more than 1000, were issued letters of redundance this week in moves to reduce operational costs.

It would be recalled that the airline established in 1959, resumed operations in December 21 2016 after about four months of self-imposed closure to enable its reposition.

However, the airline resumed operations 10 days to the New Year flying to four locations including Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Warri, Delta State using its Boeing 737-400/500 and the Dash8-Q400. Over 10 of its aircraft are currently grounded at the airport.

In a statement today, the airline said it had been grappling with huge and unrealistic personnel cost as well as other operational challenges worsened by lack of enough aircraft to keep all the workers meaningfully engaged.

It said issuing letters of redundancy was “a business decision that will ensure Aero's survival.”

"Following the operational challenges of Aero culminating in loss of business opportunities that adversely affected company finances vis-à-vis operations, we are constrained to place you under redundancy pending a possible future review,” the letter read.

"This decision was communicated to the unions where their understanding was solicited in view of prevailing operational difficulties. Whilst Aero appreciates your contribution to the company and continues to regard you as worthy ambassadors, we solicit your understanding as we struggle to stabilize operations and rebuild the company..."

The statement however clarified that those in Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and other essential staff in critical departments will not be affected by the development.

It said, "The current situation where over a thousand people are basically not engaged due to lack of serviceable aircraft is not sustainable for the airline. The huge monthly salary associated with a bloated workforce will eventually kill the airline, which is not the intention of the current government.

"Aero Contractors currently has aircraft-to-employee ratio of 1:500, which analysts believe is perhaps the worse in the history of global airline industry.

"Government's intervention in Aero was to save it from total collapse therefore, all steps such as this (issuance of redundancy letters) to ensure its survival must be put into consideration to save the airline".

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/aero-sacks-60-of-workers/189516.html

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Cutehector(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2017
It is well

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Davash222(m): 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
Cutehector:
Lol how can you people be working and am jobless, oya welcome ...
But, they are not behind your joblessness. Ask God for forgiveness.

Why do you have to edit your post Or you were high then

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Cutehector(m): 7:25pm On Mar 16, 2017
Davash222:

But, they are not behind your joblessness. Ask God for forgiveness.
so I am not behind their sack.. Now get lost
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Fairgodwin(m): 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
Yeh yeh yeh, mogbe modaran. God no no. Oh Lord not this time. cry
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by saintolarayo: 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
Aye le o. Ibosi o
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by eph123(f): 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
More people thrown into the unemployment market . Which way, Nigeria?

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by maberry(m): 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2017

People wey dey find change, make una see am o

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by dammytosh: 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
Sad.
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by naijarates2017: 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
CHANGE.

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Hades2016(m): 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
Where we da go

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
This is one of the reasons why i dont like working for any organisation cus u cant predict the time, the day or the month u will be fired. I feel sorry for the affected staff. My advice to our young graduates out there is to start up something on your own no matter how small it is, with time and much dedication your business will grow bigger. And if u must work for any organisation just work with the sole aim of raising capital to start up your business. Business creates wealth while salary is the same as slavery.

In zebrudanya chilka okpala voice=ka chineke mezie okwu.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by kshore: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
60% thats crazy
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by link2ok22: 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
The change they all clamoured for.

Thumbs up to the 15 million gullible imbeciles that thumb printed for that egocentric bigot.

The picture below would b the fate of Nigeria after Buhari s done

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by MrMcJay(m): 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
In 2013, Aero sacked 95% of its workers.
In 2017, 60% of the rest are sacked.

In life, to fly high from a cliff, they either push you or you jump by yourself. The mother eagle teaches her eaglets to fly by pushing them from great heights high in the rocks.

When you're in paid employment, each morning you wake up to go to work brings you one day closer to your exit from that company.

Would you jump or wait for them to push you out?

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by datopaper(m): 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
It is well.

Nigeria receive...
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Splinz(m): 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
Bubu thank you very much.

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by jbix(m): 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
more hardship, trutru dis no go better again, na so u de see fine boys wey fresh de 100naira 4 road because of dis nonsense
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by AshawoGirl(f): 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
Pls do they have a club so I can work thanks
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Flexherbal(m): 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
In this hard time!
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by jbix(m): 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
more hardship, trutru dis country no go better again, na so u go de see fine boys wey fresh de bed100naira 4 road because of dis nonsense
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by IMASTEX: 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
Way to sucess: Make money, make your money to make money, repeat the process.

One source of income is a risk, especially as an employee. Let's make you a snail farmer without stress. It can even be on partime bases while you do other things.

+2348053363999
See our profile for details

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
Say barber.
Barber don arrived.Bokoharam don resume attack
Fulani herdsmen don resume killings.
Companies don resume sackings.
Naira don resume crashing.
Barber just sit down for aso villa doing nothing.

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by NaijaMutant(f): 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
Gud thing am my own boss, NOBODY GO SACK ME, infact i will expand to TURKEYS after my NYSC, i wonder why dis government dey waste time like this, make them jeje call us so we can finish their wahala service & get back to our business expansion full time

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Franzinni: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
That is why I will never work for another human beings company as a staff for a day in my life..... Job security is none existent in this nation of sleeping giants
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
Splinz:
Bubu thank you very much.

You should also thank him for the sack of 95% in 2003...
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by lollmaolol(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
To sack is not a joke ooo

But a joke in Nigeria
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by AngryNigerian(m): 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
Chaii...Buhari!
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

You should also thank him for the sack of 95% in 2003...
Barber ban importation and restrictions on dollars which prevented airlines from from getting forex to import spare parts to carryout aircrafts repairs.But the same president travel out to seek medical attention.

Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by rattlesnake(m): 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
poo
Re: Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
Job security is dead

In today's world, you simply cannot afford to sit back and hope someone else will take care of you.

It's never too late to start creating new income streams. Don't wait until you're literally forced out of your comfort zone.

Share Your First Day At Work Experience. / Please How Do I Know That My Company Remmited The Tax Deducted From My Salary To / Only 20 Out Of 85 Directors Passed Perm Sec Promotion Exams