Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,682 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

Nigerians Entering University At 14 Years? What Is Going On? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Entering University At 14 Years? What Is Going On? (6708 Views)

Drone Shot Of Adeleke University At Night And In The Day Time (photos) / Cherubim And Seraphim Church To Establish University At Omu Aran Kwara / Azubuike Ezenwoke Appointed As Registrar In Landmark University At Age Of 32 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Entering University At 14 Years? What Is Going On? by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
Is not their fault. Just to meet up in labour market. Employers always demand for graduates between 20-25years with 5yrs working experience.
Re: Nigerians Entering University At 14 Years? What Is Going On? by Mustay(m): 7:46am On Mar 18, 2017
16 is usually the minimum age of entry into higher institutions. I'm aware parents even used to fake the DOBs of their children. Not sure about private universities though.

http://www.guardian.ng/features/education/stakeholders-differ-on-age-limit-for-university-admission/

Even in the JAMB brochure then, they used to emphasise the 16 years minimum requirement for entry to higher institutions. Some schools too always insist on this.

It is not just about the academics, it's about the maturity of the children. I'd suggest such parents engage their children in vocational education. This will aid them in becoming future entrepreneurs and independent individuals.

The 6-3-3-4 was designed in such a way that if a child starts school at 4 years of age, by 21 s/he's set for NYSC at age 21. Even if the course is medicine or the likes, they're still within 'time'
Re: Nigerians Entering University At 14 Years? What Is Going On? by metallisc(m): 8:14am On Mar 18, 2017
hardbody:

I honestly feel you. There was this girl that came to my company as an IT student. She will be graduating from the Polytechnic later this year at age 20. When she first came to the Company and was introduced to me as my IT hand, i asked her age, she said she was 17 going to 18. I rationalized that she had already done 2 or 3 years in school?

And you need to see the kids in my former secondary school. Very tiny tots and I am wondering what really changed. Anyways, I can't blame them, with employers of labour reducing age qualification to 20 years post graduation before you can write job qualifying tests

(1) (2) (Reply)

Types Of Income Taxes In Nigeria And Where To Pay Them / Help: My Fellow Guy Wants To Sleep With Because Of This / 6 Youthful Mistakes You Should Avoid Before Age 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.