Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Beating In Islamic School - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Beating In Islamic School (3656 Views)

Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria / How Do A Muslim Leave Life In Islamic Ways And Enjoy Life In Nigeria / Family Upbringing In Islamic Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beating In Islamic School by bilms(m): 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2009
hey,

i want us to talk about this,

i think this should stop,
Re: Beating In Islamic School by FayeZik(f): 3:24am On Jan 18, 2010
What about beating in schools, even in colleges, and especially merciless beating by parents, and adult family members.?

It's okay to punish an incorrrigible child by beating or other ways of discipline but can we please do it moderately instead of beating to permanently injure the child.

Any beating of children, in the name of teaching them to be good, that will leave the child with any kind of injury, no matter how small the injury, is an abuse and should not be allowed.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by AbuZola3(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2010
Wallayi i don chop cain in my arabic school tire, to the extent that am a super star in chopping cain, people watch me with amusement and anonymous as i use one hand to receive multiple lashes without making an inch of the hand movement, i smile while receiving the severe whipping, especially the ladies they enjoy watching the scene. Wow that was then, school was sweet like butter mint.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by muhsin(m): 11:53am On Jan 21, 2010
Salam,

This has little or nothing to do with Islamic schools. It largely depends upon the approach of the teacher teaching; one is Authoritarian, Democratic and Lesseiz faire, as educationists say.

Authoritarian as the name implies deals with students authoritatively, giving them hash and hard treatment in addition to corporal punishment.

Democratic is a direct opposite of the above.

And Lesseiz faire is a fool, if I may call him. He's next to statue in the class--as he never instructs students to do anything. lol!

The real issue goes this way. BUT many Islamic school teachers do as authoritarian teacher does. Looking at this you understand the real problem lies not with the school system but with the teachers methodology.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by bilms(m): 10:50am On Jan 22, 2010
lol
Re: Beating In Islamic School by mukina2: 11:18am On Jan 22, 2010
chei!! those days grin

thing is i think the Ustaz should be more lenient, the fear of that whip is the beginning of wisdom grin

we used to 'packing' wear more clothes and add cardboard to our behinds grin
Re: Beating In Islamic School by muhsin(m): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2010
You had me laughing, Muki. And you remind me of how we used our slates as shields.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by mukina2: 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2010
lol . .i never gave out my hand . i prefered to turn my behind grin grin

we got caught once sha and it was not pretty grin grin
Re: Beating In Islamic School by muhsin(m): 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hmm . . . Mukinatu grin

In my case: who gave you a chance or choice to either give hand or some other parts of the body? Whip would just "shower" on you from all direction.

Beside madarasah, even some teachers devise that way of teaching, as I said above. Some days ago, I met one of those teachers in our school. I greeted him respectfully, and asked if he recognize me. He answered no. I then introduced myself, telling him the level I am currently. He was really surprised. When I asked of what he was doing he said (a lie) that he is a staff. It later came out in the wash that he's in a level below mine! This is life; nothing is permanent.

Thus my advice to teachers is to treat their students as humbly as possible. Corporal punishment is madness and unprofessionalism.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by mukina2: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2010
seriously corporal punishment nor easy grin

the cane marks, the wounds sef.

some boys in our Dara became masters , dem nor dey feel. grin

if i am late for Dara, i plead with my mum not to go, cuz i know i will be whipped grin
Re: Beating In Islamic School by muhsin(m): 4:25pm On Jan 22, 2010
mukina2:

seriously corporal punishment nor easy grin

the cane marks, the wounds sef.

some boys in our Dara became masters , dem nor dey feel. grin

if i am late for Dara, i plead with my mum not to go, cuz i know i will be whipped grin

Didn't you ever behave truancy? Be sincere, Muki. grin
Re: Beating In Islamic School by mukina2: 4:37pm On Jan 22, 2010
LoL who dash me grin

they will send big boys to go search for you.

i would tell my mum about the cane grin , sometimes she will go with us and explain why we are late grin

if she asks us to go by ourselves, we go to my grandma's house grin, she will call the alpha and plead for us.

That man sabi cane sha grin

the strokes ranged from 3,6,9, and 12

depends on your offence, if you are late its 3, noise causing 6, forgot ur sura/letters na 6, rudeness na 9
truancy na 9 -12 grin
Re: Beating In Islamic School by muhsin(m): 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2010
mukina2:

LoL who dash me grin

they will send big boys to go search for you.

i would tell my mum about the cane grin , sometimes she will go with us and explain why we are late grin

if she asks us to go by ourselves, we go to my grandma's house grin, she will call the alpha and plead for us.

That man sabi cane sha grin

the strokes ranged from 3,6,9, and 12

depends on your offence, if you are late its 3, noise causing 6, forgot your sura/letters na 6, rudeness na 9
truancy na 9 -12 grin

You would not dare of course. grin
Re: Beating In Islamic School by mukina2: 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2010
lol no o . who want 12 stokes of that whip? cheesy

3 sef na wahala talkless of 12 cheesy
Re: Beating In Islamic School by FayeZik(f): 2:59am On Jan 23, 2010
I didn't get too much of the cane. Was too scared of beating, so i tried to be good. I would even cry when someone else is getting whipped. I swear, I hated it, hated it, soooooo much.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by isalegan2: 4:49am On Jan 23, 2010
I never got caned at Ile Ikewu beacuse I was a goooood girl.   tongue

But I have more scars than I can count from the floggings at Primary School and Secondary School.  One crazy Secondary School teacher in particular never punished just one person.  If one person did something wrong in class, we all got caned.  Horrible man.  I never cried though.  I was a tomboy.   grin

The worst beating I ever saw anyone get was at that same Ile Ikewu o.  This boy must have done something really bad, because the Alfas were very nice and just.  I enjoyed it so much there I wish my parents had let me go for much longer.

Anyway, this boy must have stolen something or touched a girl inappropriately or something very bad or obscene in some way.  No one came to his aid, which is unusual amongst Yorubas, because someone will always come and beg forgiveness for you no matter how bad your crime.  Which led us to believe he really did deserve the beating.  He was getting flogged in the corner while we all had to sit there and recite the Surah we just learned.  I will never forget it.  I think he came back the next day and never got into trouble again as long as I was there.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by muhsin(m): 11:22am On Jan 23, 2010
isale_gan2:

But I have more scars that I can count from the floggings at Primary School and Secondary School.  One crazy Secondary School teacher in particular never punished just one person.  If one person did something wrong in class, we all got cained.  Horrible man.  I never cried though.  I was a tomboy.   grin

Thats what I kept reiterating; beating is not done only in Islamic schools as the OP says.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by mukina2: 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2010
isale_gan2:

I never got caned at Ile Ikewu beacuse I was a goooood girl.   tongue

But I have more scars that I can count from the floggings at Primary School and Secondary School.  One crazy Secondary School teacher in particular never punished just one person.  If one person did something wrong in class, we all got cained.  Horrible man.  I never cried though.  I was a tomboy.   grin

The worst beating I ever saw anyone got was at that same Ile Ikewu o.  This boy must have done something really bad, because the Alfas were very nice and just.  I enjoyed it so much there I wish my parents had let me go for much longer.

Anyway, this boy must have stolen something or touched a girl inappropriately or something very bad or obscene in some way.  No one came to his aid, which is unusual amongst Yorubas, because someone will always come and beg forgiveness for you no matter how bad your crime.  Which led us to believe he really did deserve the beating.  He was getting flogged in the corner while we all had to sit there and recite the Surah we just learned.  I will never forget it.  I think he came back the next day and never got into trouble again as long as I was there. 
wow, we called ours Ile Kewu too smiley

That boy was not stubborn then, we had some stubborn boys back then oh. One particular boy got beaten every week. That boy had iron in his body grin. Alfa go beat am tire. saidu Lawal grin
Re: Beating In Islamic School by bilms(m): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2010
i remembered a scene in my madrasa way back in kano,

this guy is our senior and a kind of nigga,

one day he came late along with many of us, so he uztaz was flogging us all but when it reach this guy, he will move to next line, he keep doing this until d uztaz noticed him., and ordered him to come to the front,

we are still waiting for our turn as d junior u no now

but this guy is proving strong head, so d uztaz try to show power, and d guy said alfa epon ra yin le now( respect ur self) d alfa was very annoyed and tryied to prove he his strong too, when this guy climb the desk and give d uztaz a slapping kick, wow

it was like a movie infact we really thank dat guy because we escape d flogging dat day,

d guy just runaway his parent came begging, but d uztaz was too hurt to allow him back,

lol
Re: Beating In Islamic School by muhsin(m): 2:15pm On Jan 23, 2010
bilms:

i remembered a scene in my madrasa way back in kano,

You lived in Kano? Where? Sabon-Gari?
Re: Beating In Islamic School by isalegan2: 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2010
edited: don't want to be misunderstood grin
Re: Beating In Islamic School by isalegan2: 4:38am On Jan 24, 2010
mukina2:

wow, we called ours Ile Kewu too smiley

That boy was not stubborn then, we had some stubborn boys back then oh. One particular boy got beaten every week. That boy had iron in his body grin. Alfa go beat am tire. saidu Lawal grin

That's funny? Is your language Yoruba or similar? "Ile" is Yoruba for "house" or "home."

Yeah, the boy didn't go to the dark side o. grin I think they caught him just in time. Maybe he wasb't meant for the hard life. After the severe punishment, je came back to Ile'Kewu the very next day or a few days later and never got in trouble again.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by Lagosboy: 8:41am On Jan 24, 2010
I never attended an islamic school in Nigeria sad When i was in primary school my dad employed a teacher to teach me the quran at our home, there was a day i did not do well and the teacher threatened to beat me in a loud voice and my dad heard upstairs, he came down and paid the teacher off. I was so happy grin back then . My dad has never beaten me before NEVER ever
Re: Beating In Islamic School by AbuZola3(m): 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2010
@lagosboy- are you the last born ?

@isale- it seems you enjoy ur skul plus beating story gan like ur name implies.
In my arabic school it is a taboo to beat a female on the bottock.
There are thousands stories that is yet to be unravel. I was among the bigger boiz in my class and the only one that graduated coz they rest drop out due to stern rules.
It was all fun.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by isalegan2: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2010
Abu Zola:

@isale- it seems you enjoy your skul plus beating story gan like your name implies.
In my arabic school it is a taboo to beat a female on the bottock.
There are thousands stories that is yet to be unravel. I was among the bigger boiz in my class and the only one that graduated coz they rest drop out due to stern rules.
It was all fun.

The beating on the buttocks was in secondary school where they had all kinds of teachers including Christians.  Never got beat in Islamic school ever.  Never saw a female being beat there so don't even know how they do it.

Not sure what you mean by the "name implies."  Name is for Isale-Gangan, the area where I was born.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by AbuZola3(m): 8:51pm On Jan 24, 2010
Alright, secondary schools is always worst on beating.

In my secondary school teachers are been threaten and beaten, there was a case where a student punched a teacher on the face in school though he was severely penalised
Re: Beating In Islamic School by Lagosboy: 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2010
Abu Zola:

Yes embarassed
Re: Beating In Islamic School by bilms(m): 10:49am On Jan 25, 2010
lol
Re: Beating In Islamic School by muhsin(m): 10:53am On Jan 25, 2010
You've not answered my question, blims.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by muhsin(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2010
Lagosboy:

I never attended an islamic school in Nigeria sad When i was in primary school my dad employed a teacher to teach me the quran at our home, there was a day i did not do well and the teacher threatened to beat me in a loud voice and my dad heard upstairs, he came down and paid the teacher off. I was so happy grin back then . My dad has never beaten me before NEVER ever

I wonder if you'll give your child the same upbringing, Lagosboy.
Re: Beating In Islamic School by AbuZola3(m): 11:16am On Jan 25, 2010
@lagos- Wow, thats interesting, i use to know last born as omo mummy but this time around is omo mummy ati daddy, how i wish to see ur cheek. Lol
Re: Beating In Islamic School by mukina2: 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2010
isale_gan2:

That's funny?  Is your language Yoruba or similar?  "Ile" is Yoruba for "house" or "home."

Yeah, the boy didn't go to the dark side o.   grin  I think they caught him just in time.  Maybe he wasb't meant for the hard life.  After the severe punishment, je came back to Ile'Kewu the very next day or a few days later and never got in trouble again. 
its similar smiley not Yoruba but similar, its from the tribe called Oku.

fact is Ilekewu plus the cane was not fun grin

we had some alfas who just loved beating.

he will beat for Alawba ( fees) grin, some kids will chop their fees, it was not much, it was like money a kid can use to buy junk food, it was also tempting grin

for talking , forgetting your Sura,/tafsir.

i enjoyed the singing parts, Sara Kew and Bunuhib smiley

those days chei!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Importance Of Tajweed / Prove To Me That Allah And Yahweh Are The Same God / Bible And Quran According To Yusuf Estes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.