Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

3.54 CGPA, Is It A Good One To Start With? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3.54 CGPA, Is It A Good One To Start With? (1178 Views)

My CGPA is giving me depression / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3.54 CGPA, Is It A Good One To Start With? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hello people, I just saw my 100L result and my CGPA is 3.54. Hmmnnn! Sigh! This is not what I planned. When I started my 100L, I had the default plan that all freshers do have which is make first class cheesy but what was in my mind is to make nothing less than 4.00 because to me, my first class starts from 4 00 (4.00 - 4.49 first class lower --- 4.50- 5.00 first class upper) lol! wink So I always wanted a CGPA of 4.00 above.
I'm not sad and definitely I'm not happy but here is my question:
Can I still make first class? If yes, what do I need to do?
Or should I just push harder for a respectable 2,1 that is 4.00 above?
How many first class graduates started with a CGPA of the range 3.5 - 3.7?

I really want the experienced one and students to comment in reality
Re: 3.54 CGPA, Is It A Good One To Start With? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
Yes u can make a first class with this is if you maintain a minimum GP of 4.65 in your remaining 7 semesters. It's not difficult if you set your mind to it. You'll have to sacrifice a lot though; fun, social life, even fellowship and yourself

2 Likes

Re: 3.54 CGPA, Is It A Good One To Start With? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
Yes u can make a first class with this is if you maintain a minimum GP of 4.65 in your remaining 7 semesters. It's not difficult if you set your mind to it. You'll have to sacrifice a lot though; fun, social life, even fellowship and yourself

Thanks for this info.
This can be achieved only by reading, reading, reading, right?
Re: 3.54 CGPA, Is It A Good One To Start With? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
Masterkolinks:

Thanks for this info.
This can be achieved only by reading, reading, reading, right?

Yea, depends on you.

Some people are extremely smart at cos of their good foundation; such kind of people don't really"read! read!! read!!!". Others have to really dig through long hours of study to come up with the goods. Just find out which type you are and play to your strength. In my time, I was more of the former so I didn't quite study too hard, but I finished with a very high GPA.

But in the end a high GPA only exposes you to a variety of opportunities upon graduation and doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be successful. Just make sure you balance your life and build other skills: communication, networking, creativity etc as you never which from where your break through may come. I know a few friends with first class who don't even have a job yet and I know 2:2 graduates who are just fine.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Admission Into 70th Regular Course 2018 / LAUTECH Change Of Course Form Available / University Of Jos ,2018 /2019 Admission Form, Pre Degree Form, Direct Entry Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.