Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

My CGPA is giving me depression - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My CGPA is giving me depression (2093 Views)

Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? / See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My CGPA is giving me depression by Gabrie300(m): 11:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
I just saw my 300level first semester result and I couldn't believe my eyes. I had
2.0 (G.P) . I was on 3.7 (CGPA) in my 100level after that, things started changing.
My 200 level first and second semester were horrible 2.8 and 2.5. I Gave in my best and cgpa keeps going down due to the bad results
I used to read very hard.But I just get unlucky...

Could it be spiritual

I'm dying gradually

Now my cgpa is 2.3

Please I need help what can I do??

From second class upper to third class

Please Narialanders help me.
I don't know what to do.

And I'm graduating next year.

I have 3 more semesters left

I don't want to show my parents the results because they will kill me if they find out..

Nobody understands what I'm going through right now

1 Like

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by budaatum: 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
Study harder!
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by majamajic(m): 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Do your best bro, just try finish first , some company sef dey fear to employ first class

Study harder, we wey drop out for primary school, we still dey

Cheer up !

4 Likes

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Ladylite: 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Gabrie300:
I just saw my 300level first semester result and I couldn't believe my eyes. I had
2.0 (G.P) and I was on 3.7 (CGPA)
Now my cgpa is 2.3

I don't know what to do.

Is it possible to get up to 3.0 cause I think it's too late.

I don't want to show my parents the results because they will kill me

I think you are studying a course that is not your destiny or your passion.

So these grades are proof that you may be in the wrong department

Anyway school is not the end, finish with whatever grade you can then figure out what you want to do with your life.

School is not worth depression.

1 Like

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:24am On Feb 04, 2020
Your result can't stop you from becoming a successful businessman.

Or from excelling at other things.
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by aminusodiq(m): 12:35am On Feb 04, 2020
Check ur pattern of reading... And coin out d most comfortable for u!!! Mak sure u read to remember!!!

For me,
I read manuals/textbooks first,
I jot d keypoints and form acronyms,
I read class notes later, and I don't jot it cos I wrote it down myself ,
I read notebooks and manuals repeatedly,
I solve past questions after I'm tru wit d reading nd memorizes some answers in case I can't undstnd,
Lastly, i only read my jottings few minutes to exams

I grew my GP amazingly wit dis methods, doesn't mater if u at brilliant or not!!!

3 Likes

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Toby122(m): 5:42am On Feb 04, 2020
there is hope bro....prayer, determination and hardwork....mine story aint far from yours....my year one CGPA was 2.77 in year 2 i came out with 2.98 buh i had a target and dat is graduating with a two one degree i was greatly depressed...i put up my best in year three only to come out with a 3.5 or there about...but my final year was very hot, after questioning God...i summoned courage that is either a 4.7 which will place me on a 3.5CGPA or i leave the result for them....broda i strategized, though i knew is gonna be hard....i keep working on myself, i left frnds, put up a standard reading habit, hard a target up hitting my project work and Siwes defence A, took church and my relationship with God serious...to God be the Glory, I ended up with a 4.8 CGP which placed me on a 3.51...there is still hope for u bro

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by bendazum: 6:16am On Feb 04, 2020
majamajic:
Do your best bro, just try finish first , some company sef dey fear to employ first class

Cheer up !

Your post reeks of mediocrity.
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Jman06(m): 6:34am On Feb 04, 2020
Ladylite:

I think you are studying a course that is not your destiny or your passion.

So these grades are proof that you may be in the wrong department

Anyway school is not the end, finish with whatever grade you can then figure out what you want to do with your life.

School is not worth depression.
Grade does not prove whether a course is someone's passion or not. Many people have had poor grades in school and still excelled in their fields! Sometimes poor grades just happen for different reasons other than the student's knowledge or understanding of the course!

Wole Soyinka did not graduate with a first class in English but how many first class graduates in English can measure up to him?

3 Likes

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 04, 2020
majamajic:

Cheer up !

Guy u r a good adviser... God bless you...
I must say dat uno is not easy... I'm struggling to keep myself together... Like its frustrating.... On God we put our trust
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Chizuru01(m): 9:16am On Feb 04, 2020
Gabrie300:
2.0 (G.P) . I was on 3.7 (CGPA) in my 100level after that, things started changing.
My 200 level first and second semester were horrible 2.8 and 2.5. I Gave in my best and cgpa keeps going down due to the bad results

Could it be spiritual

I'm dying gradually

Now my cgpa is 2.3

I don't know what to do.

I don't want to show my parents the results because they will kill me if they find out..

Read harder and also, Scan through your past questions wella. On the eve of your examination, if it is the same lecturer that has been taking the course, Read the past question of at least 3 years back.

You will definitely know what will come out in Exam. And most times, lectures repeat past questions a lot.
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Ebenezar2020(m): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2020
majamajic:

Cheer up !
you again undecided
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Ebenezar2020(m): 11:25am On Feb 04, 2020
Gabrie300:

Could it be spiritual

I'm dying gradually

Now my cgpa is 2.3

I don't know what to do.

what are you studying?
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by RusselChu: 11:35am On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
what are you studying?
[/s]
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by RusselChu: 11:36am On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
you again undecided
[/s]
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Neyoohpompy(m): 11:36am On Feb 04, 2020
shocked

Go and collect jamb form before it closes
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Jackossky(m): 11:48am On Feb 04, 2020
I think the problem started from 100 level. When you had a CGPA of 3.7, you were comfortable, you felt it's okay and "You can't kill yourself"

Solution

Those cliques that are relegating education for temporal enjoyment, my friend, jettison them.
See, who is the best in your class? Make friends with him/her, have a personal reading hour and whenever you learn something new, take it to the brightest and contend on it.

This will give you more insight and exam becomes easy,
Saw my 300L second semester result (4.3), I had to shed tears, that's too low, I can do better.

Have that mentality, you can do better and if it is technically possible, then it's possible.

Wishing you the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by STENON(f): 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2020
Gabrie300:

Could it be spiritual

I'm dying gradually

Now my cgpa is 2.3

I don't know what to do.

Quit social media and fall in Love with your book. You don't have to read unnecessary jagons to pass your exams. It's a game of smartness not hardwork by reading some irrelevant big textbooks. wink
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Tonyfx: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
As long as there is room for improvement you can't say you're doing your best. And don't let your result determine who you are because even pastor Chris of christ embassy came out with 3rd class (does he look like a failure to you). The most important thing is how much you believe in yourself and how much you're willing to push through any challenges and set backs. You're not a failure and stop telling yourself you're dying gradually, instead see it as a stumbling block that you must turn into a stepping stone.

Gabrie300:

Could it be spiritual

I'm dying gradually

Now my cgpa is 2.3

I don't know what to do.

1 Like

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by 4nigerianyouths(f): 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
You are not telling us the complete truth. Something about you as changed. Even if you will not tell us what it is at least tell yourself. Something is distracting you. Unless you get rid of it and refocus you will not graduate well. Have a sincere examination of conscience. Get rid of that distraction whatever it is.
Your first-year results suggest that you are a smart person. Deal with the problem and triple your work effort and you will be able to salvage this.
All the best
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by jaxxy(m): 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2020
Gabrie300:

Could it be spiritual

I'm dying gradually

Now my cgpa is 2.3

I don't know what to do.

No it’s not spiritual atleast most likely not. Talk to ur cousemates especially those who still manged to perform well and find out what they are doing that Ure not. Theres Smtn Ure not getting right and for it to continue it is a fundamental problem probably with ur exam preparation or tests.

Pray if u must bt work equally hard and give ur best. Join better study groups and change ur study pattern. U can make it!

U also need to understand 100 level is the easiest hence u did well with less work, 200 level is where the real work starts and it exposes ur real performance. Up Ure game.

1 Like

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Abcruz(m): 5:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
Jman06:
Grade does not prove whether a course is someone's passion or not. Many people have had poor grades in school and still excelled in their fields! Sometimes poor grades just happen for different reasons other than the student's knowledge or understanding of the course!

Wole Soyinka did not graduate with a first class in English but how many first class graduates in English can measure up to him?

Truer words have never been spoken.

1 Like

Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by lottomkyes200: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
My brother school is not buy force and you don't need a distinction just manage Waka pass.
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by Alitair(m): 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2020
Please CGPA can never get you what you want. Just try to finish and go for your service. NYSC dey pay 33k now o
Re: My CGPA is giving me depression by uniquehealth: 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Are you studying a course you really love? If yes, then like others have said, you might be having distractions or side attractions. Otherwise (that is if No) then don't hesitate to change your course to that which you will like or very close to what you will feel happy with. A course you just find naturally interesting or a character you exhibit without stress may define your channel of strength.

This present age has changed what education is all about. Don't go to any institution of learning to study a course you have no interest in and at the end graduate with such a poor grade. Even if you have studied very well and yet your grade is not the very best in your class, you are still able to transfer the knowledge you have acquired to a larger extent of building an enterprise in your own. Beware, it's better late than never!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Chat On Whatsapp & Telegram Free With MTN Sim / Wikipedia Founder Warns Site Is Run By CIA To Brainwash The Public / OAU @ 50 The Development Of The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.