Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? (18648 Views)

More Data Or More Airtime: Which Do You Prefer? / Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More / Whats App Or Telegram Chat Group For Apple Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by IYANGBALI: 8:17am On Mar 23, 2017
Btruth:
hi5 ba wo? That one is long dead & bury now.

sad
i still use it with my friends
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by alawi5k: 8:18am On Mar 23, 2017
holamiday:
That's an unnecessary feature if you ask me. Why would 5000 people want to be on a group?
Laughs. Npower volunteers in my state are than 4000 so we have migrated to Telegram for effective communication.
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by sammyke(m): 8:20am On Mar 23, 2017
Hueyreckless0007:
Telegram all the way
please, how can I join this group
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by hoover420: 8:21am On Mar 23, 2017
Telegram is way better than whatsapp. Those saying they prefer whatsapp either haven't used telegram before or does not know how to utilize the function.
You can practically download anything on telegram ranging from apps, videos, pictures and many more.
It even has a ROBOT you can use to download music, convert YouTube videos into mp3 & many more.
You can search for anyone using username & not necessarily phone numbers.
Telegram is miles ahead of whatsapp.
It's just like comparing 2go to whatsapp! undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by otitokoroleti: 8:28am On Mar 23, 2017
emmavis4u0052:
watsapp is cool for me n I believe everyone .. no telegram on my itelS31
try telegram, I bet you will dump whatsapp
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Oscarpraise(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2017
kayceeD2:
I prefer whatsgram
Loool, which one is whatsgram again na?

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by teemanbastos(m): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2017
holamiday:
That's an unnecessary feature if you ask me. Why would 5000 people want to be on a group?
so that Jesus can feed them with 5loaves and 2fishes

2 Likes

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Akpevwe9: 8:36am On Mar 23, 2017
Famouson:
What's Telegram please?
This one no enter class grin
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by karpentar: 8:37am On Mar 23, 2017
Oscarpraise:
Whatsapp

WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware , cross-platform and end-to-end encrypted instant messaging application for smartphones . It uses the Internet to make voice calls, one to one video calls; send text messages , images, GIF , videos, documents, user location, audio files, phone contacts and voice notes to other users using standard cellular
mobile numbers .

It also incorporates a feature called Status, which allows users to upload photos and videos to a 24-hours-lifetime feed that, by default, are visible to all contacts; similar to Snapchat , Facebook and Instagram Stories.

WhatsApp Inc. , based in Mountain View, California , was acquired by Facebook in February 2014 for approximately US$ 19.3 billion. By February 2016, WhatsApp had a user base of over one billion, making it the most popular messaging application at the time.

Telegram

Telegram is a free cloud -based instant messaging service. Telegram clients exist for both mobile ( Android , iOS, Windows Phone , Ubuntu Touch ) and desktop systems ( Windows , macOS , Linux ).

Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio, and files of any type. Telegram also provides optional end-to-end-encrypted messaging.

Telegram is supported by Russian entrepreneur Pavel Durov it's client code is open-source software , whereas its server-side code is closed-source and proprietary. The service also provides APIs to independent developers. In February 2016, Telegram stated that it had 100 million monthly active users, sending 15 billion messages per-day.

The security of Telegram has faced notable scrutiny; critics have argued that Telegram's security model is undermined by its use of a custom-designed encryption protocol that has not been proven reliable and secure, and by not enabling secure conversations by default. Telegram has also faced criticism for its wide-scale use by the terrorist organization Islamic State .

Whatsapp is more popular than Telegram though, at least here in Nigeria, but am thinking of trying Telegram on my itel S31.
So what do you guys think? Whatsapp or Telegram?

Whatsapp is better because its online. You have to travel some distance to locate a post office for telegram. It takes time and as you know, "time is beer" (sorry money).
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Akpevwe9: 8:38am On Mar 23, 2017
Sammy07:
in terms of how it was built..
I love whatsapp

but in terms of group,,,
I prefer telegram

You can't eat your cake and have it undecided
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Akpevwe9: 8:39am On Mar 23, 2017
karpentar:

Whatsapp is better because its online. You have to travel some distance to locate a post office for telegram. It takes time and as you know, "time is beer" (sorry money).

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Pweety008: 8:41am On Mar 23, 2017
edlion57:
2go
Wake up, this is the 21st century tongue

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Pweety008: 8:43am On Mar 23, 2017
Marvel1206:
What
is whatsapp?
Who gave this one phone?

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by alex81(m): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2017
teemanbastos:
so that Jesus can feed them with 5loaves and 2fishes
lol
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by alex81(m): 8:46am On Mar 23, 2017
karpentar:

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by kio052001(m): 8:46am On Mar 23, 2017
OP come explain yourself after the installation on the Itel S31 mobile phone, and let's​ know how much Itel has upgraded

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by kayceeD2(m): 8:47am On Mar 23, 2017
Oscarpraise:

Loool, which one is whatsgram again na?
Even me don't knw the meaning
Am still checking dictionary to knw its meaning

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Oscarpraise(m): 8:47am On Mar 23, 2017
Abudu2000:
Snapchat!!! Whats the ensence of spending minutes typing when we could be snappin on the go, deletes histories so no memory problems and also doesnt need phone numbers......i see a future where no one will need sim no more
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Akpevwe9: 8:49am On Mar 23, 2017
Benekruku:

It's a television that does not weigh more than 1gram

Give this guy a beer

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by ideaz: 8:51am On Mar 23, 2017
None!

I prefer the app that puts money back to my pocket and none of the above does.

I prefer the coming Piuni uChat. It will continually put residual income into my pocket as people use it worldwide.

It will have all of Whatsapp, Telegram and much more.

Example: Piuni uChat supports sending and receiving money across 143 countries including Nigeria.

Find out more!

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by chiraqDemon(m): 8:56am On Mar 23, 2017
Toluene15:
Telegram is the best!!!

Their group chat can accommodate upto 5k user than WhatsApp which is 256 max.

It has a bot than can manage your group while Admin is offline. It can welcome new members, warn, kick, ban etc to members that spam or flood the group chat.

It has very interesting and funny stickers, emoji, gifs, which brings liveliness to chats.

You can edit and remove sent messages.

You can remove messages sent by group users from the group chat

You can transfer all types of files even application, movies etc.

It has useful channels for movies , music, applications etc.

You can pin messages for all members to see on a group.

and more...

But who get mind upload that 800+ mb movie
Him na from naija

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Cutehector(m): 8:59am On Mar 23, 2017
IMO app is d best...
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Marvel1206: 9:22am On Mar 23, 2017
Pweety008:
Who gave this one phone?
Who gave you the 'Mom' title?
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by 2016easy2017: 9:24am On Mar 23, 2017
comparing whatapp n tekwgruhas divided we social media users into 2.the old nag inferior users(those who preffer whatsapp) and we modern advanced media users (we that preffer telegram. ).so if u wanna do anything with s.media users, even marrying from them,go for the 2nd.they r more advanced

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by petroldollar: 9:41am On Mar 23, 2017
Toluene15:
Telegram is the best!!!

It has a bot than can manage your group while Admin is offline. It can welcome new members, warn, kick, ban etc to members that spam or flood the group chat.

It has very interesting and funny stickers, emoji, gifs, which brings liveliness to chats.

and more...

I am thinking of trying out telegram, is there any fun filled group u can add me to?
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by IamOpemipo(m): 9:45am On Mar 23, 2017
Toluene15:
Telegram is the best!!!

and more...

Pls add me up
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 23, 2017
u guys shouldnt b bothered over an app that doesnt have many users around d globe. unless u want to be chatting with yourself on telegram. whatsapp has 1 billion active users while telegram has 100,000,000 active users, do the math.
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by DIVIPRO: 9:57am On Mar 23, 2017
Can u make voice call on telegram?
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by merismen21: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2017
Toluene15:
Telegram is the best!!!

and more...
How can I kick and ban in telegram. Using a bot

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Davijunson: 10:20am On Mar 23, 2017
hoover420:
Telegram is way better than whatsapp. Those saying they prefer whatsapp either haven't used telegram before or does not know how to utilize the function.
You can practically download anything on telegram ranging from apps, videos, pictures and many more.
It even has a ROBOT you can use to download music, convert YouTube videos into mp3 & many more.
You can search for anyone using username & not necessarily phone numbers.
Telegram is miles ahead of whatsapp.
It's just like comparing 2go to whatsapp! undecided undecided
just curious...
can Telegram make Voice and Video calls?
Re: Which Do You Prefer? Whatsapp Or Telegram? by Davijunson: 10:26am On Mar 23, 2017
otitokoroleti:
try telegram, I bet you will dump whatsapp
iffa hear..... just because you know abt Telegram doesn't mean that your friends and Family do. I can bet you 90% of N Nigerians don't use Telegram despite its features. so everyone will just stick to what they know...... That's WhatsApp.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Getting The Best Out Of Your Low End Android Phone -simple tips without Rooting / MTN "CallerTunez" Service / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.