Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity (3396 Views)

The Plague Of Counterfeit Leaders / The Great Scandal: Christianity's Role In The Rise Of The Nazi. / T.b Josuah(the Rise Of A Nigerian Anti Christ ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by DeepSight(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2009
Simmy - Why do the pentecostal churches not publish their accounts and financials the way the old orthodox churches do? ? ? ? ?
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by simmy(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2009
like the RCC?, shocked shocked shocked and so, ALL pentecostal churches are now of the devil abi? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

: Hmmm, do u worship in KunleOshobs ministry/church? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink smiley
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by ravishing(f): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2009
mmmmmmhmmmm sad! da world's cuming to an end undecided
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by KunleOshob(m): 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2009
simmy:

hehehehe. Yet you're bold enough to call people who administrate in churches 'agents of the devil' simply because they have chosen a different path to funding from yours?
Now I'm not saying there aren't several thieving pastors out there who milk their congregation dry, but Mr. KunleOshobs you seem to imply that any1 who asks for tithes and offerings in his church is satanic. Remember, many churches don't force any1 to tithe. They only remind you that God will bless you if you give to Him.
You seem to mis-understand me and quote me out of context. The people i refered to as agents of the devil are those who twist God'sword for the sake of money. If any preacher does this then he is an agent of the devil as no God fearing preacher would deliberately twist God's word. As per tithing, those who preach it as compulsary are either ignorant or deliberately twisting God's word cos it is soooo glaring that tithing as it is practised today has no sound biblical basis but derived from twisted doctrine. The only acceptable form of christian giving mus be 100% freely done and not any compulsion or manipulation of any sort.
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by DeepSight(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2009
simmy:

like the RCC?, shocked shocked shocked and so, ALL pentecostal churches are now of the devil abi? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

: Hmmm, do u worship in KunleOshobs ministry/church? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink smiley

When the hell did you hear me say anything about the devil?

Why the hell can they not simply publish their accounts, eh?
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by simmy(m): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2009
@Kunle
how many churches preach tithing as compulsory? the worst (or best) i hear is that it is only fair to give to the source from which you receive (i.e your local assembly). We all know churches have financial needs, (rent, salaries, office maintenance etc). And any Xtian who would begrudge God 10% of his earnings hasn't learnt ANYTHING about being a xtian.

Now i admit that many pastors do this tithing thing out of greed and armtwist their flock into buying them expensive cars and stuff, but please don't make it sound like any pastor that asks you to pay tithes is an agent of the devil. i don't think i'm quoting you out of context. that's the general idea i get from reading your posts (I've been following you quietly on Nl for a little while).

Money is needed to run a church and as a pastor you need MONEY. You can't run away from that. If i pay my tithes and my pastor uses it to buy an expensive car and chase women about, that's his problem and God (not me) will judge him. My conscience is clear and God will bless me for being obedient
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by DeepSight(m): 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
^^^ So why not publish accounts?
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by simmy(m): 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
@Deepsight
So the orthodox Churches are the perfect models of financial propriety abi? Don't even go there. Dem own pass pentecostals. As bad as some pentecostal churches are.

I have no probs with them publishing accounts.
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by Naijaa: 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ KunleOshob. I quite appreciate all your post and your vast knowledge of the Christian Faith but i will like to shed a light as regards the tithing issue, before i do that i want to ask u few question because i only defend what i believe in and i dont speak about what i dont know. 1, what does the bible says about tithing and 2, what is Gods present standpoint as regards tithing ?
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2009
Naijaa:

@ KunleOshob. I quite appreciate all your post and your vast knowledge of the Christian Faith but i will like to shed a light as regards the tithing issue, before i do that i want to ask u few question because i only defend what i believe in and i dont speak about what i dont know. 1, what does the bible says about tithing and 2, what is Gods present standpoint as regards tithing ?

Naijaa:

There can be no difference between what the Bible says and what God is saying presently. Both complement themselves and cannot differ
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by KunleOshob(m): 10:16am On Dec 22, 2009
Naijaa:

1. the bible says we should eat our tithes in a place of worship[ deuteronomy 14:22-29] it is the wrong and twisted interpretation of Malachi 3:10 that resulted in the mordern day tithing doctrine we have today which is totally alien to the biblical type.
2. The last thing God said on tithes in the bible which can be called his present stand can be found in hebrews 7:5-19, here tithing is anulled in verse 11/12 and described as weak, useless and unprofitable in verse 18. I guess this explains God's present stand point on tithes.
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by TV01(m): 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2009
simmy:

quick question, assuming i have a genuine desire to serve God and start a church/ministry, how do you intend i source for funds to run the church?

It would be good to start by allying the "genuine desire" with a proper understanding.

There is only one church of God in Christ Jesus, and I'm sure many will recall the Lord as saying "He will build His church".
That church has been started - founded upon The Rock - with the blueprint disseminated by the early apostles.

So point 1, no matter how genuine or deep your desire to serve God - in Christ Jesus - you can't start a church. Unless of course its your own church, which is essentially what most places that call themselves churches these days are, man-made and run religious organisations. That is not to say that there are not members of the body of Christ within them.

I've had occassion to touch on the organisational nature of these places before. Just overlay the imperatives of any man-made organisation and you will see an exact fit. Nowhere in the scriptural narrative is "church" an organisation or did church require "funding" to exist or to grow.

The church - or ecclessia - are the called out individuals comprising the body of Christ through the ages in heaven and earth. 101'ish I agree, but you'd be surprised at the number of people that would claim to know that and yet not be able to differentiate it from what typically obtains.

Just to be clear, the church does not require funding. Organisations do. Money is utilised by the body to meet genuine welfare needs. Pretty much everything else is add-on by your "Friendly Neighbourhood Religionist".

So let me sew two maybe three threads with one post.

1. There are not too many churches as some would posit - there is merely a blight on the landscape of for the most part shabby 4th rate religious organisations that choose to call themsleves churches - and of course wilfully misappropriate things of the "True Church". But why worry? "The Lord knows those who are His".

2. Strictly speaking, there is no counterfeight Christianity, just like there is no "false truth". Lots of things that try and mimick it, co-opt parts of it or even mislead you about it, but you'll only find Christ in His Kingdom, with His church. The historical aspects of Christ and the Church whilst noteworthy, are in truth pointless. Christ is living - one can know Him now, rendering the need for an absolute knowledge and understanding of history, languages, customs or anything else irelevant. A small point to clarify. Where there truly only 4 gospels? or was it 30? maybe more or maybe less? If you know Christ here and now, it won't matter - and if it did, the Holy Spirit would reveal even that to you. Eyes on the prize please people.

3. For the appeasers, i.e. those that would rationalise the divinity of Christ. Ooops sorry out of space cool!

God bless
TV
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by Ovamboland(m): 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2009
simmy:

@Kunle
how many churches preach tithing as compulsory? the worst (or best) i hear is that it is only fair to give to the source from which you receive (i.e your local assembly). We all know churches have financial needs, (rent, salaries, office maintenance etc). And any Xtian who would begrudge God 10% of his earnings hasn't learnt ANYTHING about being a xtian.

Most churches, especially pentecostal ones that i know preach compulsory tithing even at the pain of losing your salvation for not complying and missing out on worldly material blessings. And they hardly say it is fair, they say it is a must. Overhead can be freely created by a church, but it is criminal to tell people God requires the bureaucracy and place the load on the people's(really church) shoulders.

simmy:

Now i admit that many pastors do this tithing thing out of greed and armtwist their flock into buying them expensive cars and stuff, but please don't make it sound like any pastor that asks you to pay tithes is an agent of the devil. i don't think i'm quoting you out of context. that's the general idea i get from reading your posts (I've been following you quietly on Nl for a little while).

Anyone that adds to the word of God is agreed by all to be devil's agent. So if the apostles and early disciplines never preached tithing requirements for Christians, have you ever wondered who actually introduced it , when and why it was introduced. Would you see that as an addition to the Word for which there is a curse or just a harmless lie?

simmy:

Money is needed to run a church and as a pastor you need MONEY. You can't run away from that. If i pay my tithes and my pastor uses it to buy an expensive car and chase women about, that's his problem and God (not me) will judge him. My conscience is clear and God will bless me for being obedient

Sure money is expended by the 'church' but for sure not any type of money. I can't imagine God been interested in money obtained by subfertuge, intimidation threats and under false pretences. I also think you should be interested in what your money is been used to finance, ostentatious consumption or meeting real needs of the orphans , widows, hungry, imprisoned etc or even disaster victims.
They only tell us to look away from the money so they can use the money to finance GREED.
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2009
Insert Quote
Simmy - Why do the pentecostal churches not publish their accounts and financials the way the old orthodox churches do? ? ? ?

let me clear this air on the true meaning of the orthodox churches,it has erroneaously been taken to describe non -pentecostal churches on this forum.

The orthodox church actually refers to the group of catholics who broke away from rome before the protestant reformation.There are of two types the oriental orthodox chuch which left the roman catholic church in in 451CE at the council of chalcedon and the Eastern orthodox chuch which left the Roman catholic church in 1054CE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Christianity
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by viaro: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2009
TV01:

So point 1, no matter how genuine or deep your desire to serve God - in Christ Jesus - you can't start a church.

Yes, he could - if called of God to do so.
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by DeepSight(m): 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2009
Yeah yeah yeah, but that is the default line, Viaro, everybody seems to be called of God to do so: including all the three Redeemed Churches on a single street not far from my house in lagos!
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by viaro: 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2009
Deep Sight:

Yeah yeah yeah, but that is the default line, Viaro, everybody seems to be called of God to do so: including all the three Redeemed Churches on a single street not far from my house in lagos!

To be honest with you, if we all assume just that linear and pessimistic ideology about these issues, there would hardly be any church at all. Indeed, many who are called are not actually called - and we know how to identify them. But these folks who are not called should not becloud our sense of judgement as to fail in recognizing those who are called of God in various ministries.
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by DeepSight(m): 10:20pm On Dec 22, 2009
viaro:

To be honest with you, if we all assume just that linear and pessimistic ideology about these issues, there would hardly be any church at all. Indeed, many who are called are not actually called - and we know how to identify them. But these folks who are not called should not becloud our sense of judgement as to fail in recognizing those who are called of God in various ministries.

Well said, brother.
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by KunleOshob(m): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
Two years down the line, not much as changed.
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2012
Interesting, will peruse and comment !
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by Goshen360(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
KunleOshob: Two years down the line, not much as changed.

What a Classic work! Well, it may look like nothing had changed but I tell you the truth, much had changed. Two years ago, people like me believed some UNSCRIPTURAL stuffs but after I studied the truth by myself, I had to drop the childish Christianity. Keep doing the great work sir. God bless you greatly.
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by PastorKun(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
A great thread for all believers who genuinely seek to christ in truth and faith.smiley
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2012
Just read the introduction and this is a master piece.

I hope to add a few small comments at the end of my study.

Well done !
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by PastorKun(m): 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
frosbel: Just read the introduction and this is a master piece.

I hope to add a few small comments at the end of my study.

Well done !

Thanx bro smiley
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
KunleOshob :

Jesus Christ told His apostles to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in His name. Most people who are familiar with the Bible realize those apostles zealously embarked on that mission. Their converts were first called Christians in the city of Antioch (Acts 11:26). Since then, so many people have been born or converted into the hundreds of denominations known collectively as "Christianity" that it is one of the world's most popular and dominant religions.

They revealed that two opposing ostensibly Christian religions would emerge. One—the Church Jesus founded—would be led by God's Spirit and remain faithful to His teachings. The other—guided and influenced by a different spirit—would accept the name of Christ but twist His teachings to create a convincing counterfeit of the true Church of God.

Where do most churches get their teachings and practices? Most of their members assume they come from the Bible or from Jesus Christ Himself. But do they? Jesus commanded His apostles to teach others exactly what He had taught—"teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:20, NIV). He condemned the replacing of God's commandments with traditions and human reason. Speaking to the Pharisees, He said, "For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men. . . All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition" (Mark 7:8-9).[/b]

Peter anticipated that not just a few—but many—Christians would turn aside from the truth to follow doctrines that were more appealing to the carnal mind. Later John confirms this happened. "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us" (1 John 2:19).
Re: The Rise Of Counterfeit Christianity by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
nuclearboy :

The persecutions of the early Christians seemed to do nothing to slow them down. So Satan decided the best thing was to attack them from inside. Constantine the Roman General, was at this time campaigning against another general for control of the seat of Caesar. He was however, seriously disadvantaged militarily. One evening whist thinking about how he could survive the impending battle against his opponent, he suddenly saw in the Skies above him, the sign of a cross and the words "in hoc signo vinces" which mean, "In this Sign, Conquer"! He had his soldiers inscribe crosses in their shields and went against his opponent. In an amazing twist, he won a war in which he has been the underdog.

In "gratitude", he decided to become a "christian" and make christianity state religion. The persecutions of Christians stopped and they now seemed in control of the known world. however, it was a surface "political" christianity. It was this Christianity that brought about the ideas of Trinity, of the Pope (Bishop of rome) being God's representative on earth and introduced Christmas and Easter which prior to now, had been pagan festivals. Whist the Sun-God had being worshipped before, now they said it was the birthday of the Son-God. What relevance has the Easter Egg and bunny to the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ? They were symbols of Ishtar, the goddess of fertility who was previously worshiped. To accommodate the pagan Romans who remained relevant in the politics of the day, Constantine allowed them bring in their festivals, holidays, only changing the names.

Thus started Satans great deceptive plot to erode Christianity from within. Add to that all the other manner of battles fought by satan to discredit Christianity and the willingness of many so-called "christians" to accept cash, power and influence to help support satans battles.

Unfortunately, [u]these things have remained till date and have become a rallying point for all opponents of Christianity [/u]who believe these things represent Christ or Christianity.

They do not!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons You Should Leave Christianity / The Jesus Christ Matrix: How To Break Free? / Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.