Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy (11798 Views)

5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy / 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by persius555(m): 8:37am On Mar 18, 2017
Is this the inner working of ICANN? What of IETF, IANA. All these bodies play a major role in making the internet what it is.
This write up is a concoction of a sci-fi scene and a bit of real world fact.
Op will make a good story teller
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by Edenoscar(m): 9:05am On Mar 18, 2017
khanivorous:
yeah Yeah
the blacklist: redemption
is it the same as the real blacklist because i saw tom keen on the poster
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2017
Glovicdaprince:
Haha...Op, u copied all of this from the series...THE BLACKLIST REDEMPTION...This are the exact same things they said and showed..I just watched it last night and here it is copied online...Tell me u dint watch the film plss?? Hahaha...Op ehn
seriously I haven't watched the movie.. But one fact I know well is that most of the movies are adaptations of real things.Check kyle xy and the US government secrets they were leaking or The Flash and the physics calculations they're applying. Hollywood is definitely not nollywood. Everything is an adaptation of something real somewhere. It's just reverse psychology. The more you look the less you see.
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2017
Greedgod:
Naijatechguy dont u want intern ?
Will be needing one soon sha cheesy
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:14am On Mar 18, 2017
BlacSmit:
FAKE!!!!!

The internet has no controlled structure par say. The internet is a connection of devices that are online.

The DNS have no key. These are all conspiracy theorists looking for the gullible ones to lock up in there prison fake theories without facts.

Anyone wonder why the only picture in the post is a personal one from the OP?

Ignorant Countrymen shouting 'very informative'

Lies are not informative. Not everything you see on the web is true. Even on nairaland!

What is your proof that there are no keys..? If you can't give me a worthy answer then I think it's best you just steer off the issue
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by Greedgod: 9:31am On Mar 18, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Will be needing one soon sha cheesy
gime ur contact pls, leme tech my cv up and be frnds with u. Really need ur midas touch
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by danthamccoy(m): 9:50am On Mar 18, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

What is your proof that there are no keys..? If you can't give me a worthy answer then I think it's best you just steer off the issue
The burden of proof is on you bro. You should have asked the doubters to make a simple google search on the subject. There are articles on the first page by Guardian and Business Insider explaining the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by lanrayx: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2017
Glovicdaprince:
Haha...Op, u copied all of this from the series...THE BLACKLIST REDEMPTION...This are the exact same things they said and showed..I just watched it last night and here it is copied online...Tell me u dint watch the film plss?? Hahaha...Op ehn

lol... I thought I was the only one who noticed ....op no sabi anything
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by Davidhero(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Glovicdaprince:

Infact, was suprised to see this post. I just watched the series (S1E4) last night too...
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by FitnessDoctor: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2017
IamPrince1:
Sounds like a Sci-Fi.
In other hand please if you are moved by Holy Spirit please pray for a healing for me, was diagnosed of scary ailment.
what?
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by destinysaid(m): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2017
Maybe the guardian is lying too undecided article from 2014

Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by ithink7: 11:44am On Mar 18, 2017
This is not true oga. We know the history of the internet. WWW have no central control and never will.

NaijaTechGuy:
It may sound like a scene from a Hollywood movie but it's true. Seven people from all over the world hold the keys to worldwide internet security. Here's how the keys work -

Each of the keys access a safety deposit box, which in turn holds a smartcard, which combines with every other smartcard to generate a master key. That master key controls one of the internet's central security measures known as the domain-name system, or DNS. DNS is what makes it possible for you to enter a web address, like http://www.google.com, instead of typing in the IP address, such as http://74.125.24.72.

The keyholders make sure that each web address is authentic. If they don't exist, millions of fake web addresses could send people to fake and dangerous sites.

The master key can reconstruct the entire system if there's a disaster.
The question remains though -How does a person gain this much power? Just an online application.

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (Icann), the private US company that runs the system, only received 40 applications in their initial job posting for 21 positions. The criteria for choosing each keyholder was for their experience -
all have very long careers in internet security and also for their location, since there are limits on the number of keyholders any one country can have.
Here's the part that you'll definitely love if you're a techie:

Anytime the group has a meeting they undergo extreme security measures: they have to walk through two doors require a smart card, a pin code, and a hand scan in various sequences, then a third door that uses an iris scanner.

There's no limit to how long one keyholder can serve, and in the time the group has existed, only one has resigned.
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by Iniotong(m): 12:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
You wrote this after watching THE BLACKLIST REDEMPTION S1E4 abi? grin

1 Like

Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by bhankyskillz(m): 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
;DSomeone has been watching Blacklist Redemption. Season 1 Episode 4
Re: Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2017
there will always be a scofield, lincoln n teabag to plan a heist to steal d cards. scylla comes to mind

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Things I Wish I’d Known When I Started As A Web Developer / The Proliferation Of Blogs - Good Or Bad? / 6 Blogging Mistakes All Business Owners Should Avoid At All Costs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.