Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? (19078 Views)

5 Things We Do That Destroy Our Smartphones / Glo Yakata Prepaid Plan Launched- Get Up To 6GB Of Data On Recharge / 6 Unbelievable Things We Do That Damage Our Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
ollah2:

Lol. Anything to make the iphone superior is allowed.
Btw, a product was rated the best and the criterias by "VanBommel" for such award is because of one or two features.

Splendid
Hmmm, funny dude
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
that's the thing, I don't buy the idea of putting so much RAM on phones
6gb of ram won't favor users, it will cause more harm to battery efficiency. They are using it to entice buyers, as the manufacturers now lack innovations
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by teemanbastos(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ademoore07:

Lol. Make I dash one of tecno L8 plus? cheesy cheesy
i go run collect am

Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Electronzeez(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
Android OS are becoming heavy so yes 30GB RAM is not enough .
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Ademoore07(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
teemanbastos:
i go run collect am

Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by kogbaski99: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
Maybe to make it faster na, I'm sure it will be in the next Tecno phones
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by teemanbastos(m): 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2017

Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Gptech(m): 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
6gb of ram won't favor users, it will cause more harm to battery efficiency. They are using it to entice buyers, as the manufacturers now lack innovations
Mr. Bill gates pikin, even on your birthday you still get energy for fights abi? grin Anyways HBD, WUHLLNP. I hope we go do reception for DO4? tongue
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2017
Gptech:

Mr. Bill gates pikin, even on your birthday you still get energy for fights abi? grin Anyways HBD, WUHLLNP. I hope we go do reception for DO4? tongue
haha.. Na do1
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Gptech(m): 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
haha.. Na do1
You never stop at all. Longest of times grin.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
Gptech:
You never stop at all. Longest of times grin.
can i see ya face,pls
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Gptech(m): 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
can i see ya face,pls

tongue tongue tongue, Too ugly to display here grin. We go see for Facebook smiley.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Sulaymanmeek(m): 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
I have to agree with you completely, '' Processor speed, optimisation and performance is truly > than RAM size..''
Mountbatten:
More RAM on a phone doesn't necessarily mean it would run smoother than one with less. Yeah, you would be able to run more apps in the background without bogging down the device but software optimisation is more important.

Take for example, my 3GB RAM Android phone lags on performing certain tasks while my iPhone with 2GB RAM has never lagged. Processor speed, optimisation and performance is more important than RAM size.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 6:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
Gptech:

tongue tongue tongue, Too ugly to display here grin. We go see for Facebook smiley.
oya,message me for facebook
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Gptech(m): 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
martineverest:
oya,message me for facebook
tongue
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by mikool007(m): 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
I have used a handful of android phones, most from the US, to be honest you can't compare their performance to the Iphone
you must have been using low end phones
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by VanBommel(m): 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
mikool007:
you must have been using low end phones
no, you're wrong. I use high-end phones. I don't go for anything less
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by mikool007(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
VanBommel:
no, you're wrong. I use high-end phones. I don't go for anything less
hehe...anything less ok have touched a nexus or a pixel phone
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
ollah2:

If ram isn't important, why the increment in the iPhones?

Iphone 6 is equipped with 1GB ram
Iphone 6s is equipped with 2GB ram

Kindly explain why Apple adds more ram per new iphones released and not just optimise the shit outta the phones while having a less RAM?

Why did Apple equip iphone 7 with 2GB and the 7plus with 3GB?

Why are all the iphone fan boys avoiding this question
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 20, 2017
Sulaymanmeek:
Alright, before we talk about how many Gigga-bytes we can put into a smartphone, let’s make sure everybody knows what that is – and how it fits in with other components.... ***Google RAM wink

The more RAM a system has – whether that’s a PC for video editing, Programming or a smartphone; Gaming and Apps – has been proven to speed up performance. In practical application, this means more apps, and more complicated apps can reside in memory at the same time. When things reside in memory (rather than storage) they load faster, look better, and can do all sorts of whitchcraft-bang stuff.

Today’s smartphones usually sport between 1GB and 3GB RAM – with two being the “sweet spot” where performance meets value. Flagships, like Tecno Phantom 6plus Surprised you, me and the world with Super Fast core and of course 4GB RAM – cramming four whopping gigs of RAM inside. Does it help, compared to phones with a “paltry” two gig? Sure it does. Is it worth the extra cash to get the additional gig? Probably not.

I remembered correctly ''few years back'', me and my friends discussing the possibilities of having 3-4GB RAM in a Smartphone. Well i guess that was some ''few years back''
- Quick Questions
Do today’s apps “need” six (or eight) GB RAM to power them? Where are the gamer? Of course not. Would I trade the 3GB in my Tecno Phantom 6 for 1GB? Nope.

What that leaves us with is the same type of question we asked few years back: Is a 6GB smartphone simply overkill, or is it strategically helping to “future-proof” for the apps and OS of tomorrow? We certainly aren’t going to say that my Phantom 6's 3GB RAM ought to be enough for for everyday tasks until 2020” – but I'm curious to hear your thoughts!

lalasticlala mynd44 smiley

Google Recommended RAM size is actually 2GB. What I want in my phone is at least 2GB RAM with a good, speedy precessor. If you hv 10GB RAM and a bad, slow processor, everything is uselezs, same way if you have a good processor and a RAM more than 2GB, the remaining space in the RAM is also useless.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by Abdstrakt(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2017
Sulaymanmeek:
I have to agree with you completely, '' Processor speed, optimisation and performance is truly > than RAM size..''
Exactly. Like i keep telling people, More RAM doesn't make your phone perform faster, it only allows you do more things at once.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by chicwoman(f): 10:28am On Mar 20, 2017
Honestly, If someone is putting 6GB RAM on a phone, they better be prepared to put 6000Mah battery
martineverest:
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by chicwoman(f): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2017
And other features like the battery must keep the pace running
Can't be putting 2000mAH on a 6GB RAM phone, battery will be dying anyhow
Abdstrakt:

Exactly. Like i keep telling people, More RAM doesn't make your phone perform faster, it only allows you do more things at once.
Re: Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? by chicwoman(f): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2017
This is correct
This is why I like tecno
Not much gb ram and a decent battery size
D4Daymoo:

Google Recommended RAM size is actually 2GB. What I want in my phone is at least 2GB RAM with a good, speedy precessor. If you hv 10GB RAM and a bad, slow processor, everything is uselezs, same way if you have a good processor and a RAM more than 2GB, the remaining space in the RAM is also useless.

Help: My Whatsapp Shows Being Obsolete On Jan 8 2015 / You Can Now Download Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2017 For PPSSPP / Craziest Thing That Happened To Me In 2015