Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Between The Landlord And The 'landlord-fearing' Tenants - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between The Landlord And The 'landlord-fearing' Tenants (420 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / Our Landlord Says He Fathered My Second Baby, Insists On Naming Him —husband / My Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between The Landlord And The 'landlord-fearing' Tenants by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 19, 2017
Almost anybody I come across has had an experience with their landlord either good or bad. I have had one though not personally.

I was still with my parents at that time but, I was grown up enough to understand what was happening.

The landlord was neither a good man nor a bad man, he was in between or so I thought. He was a quiet old man, who seldom talked to people.

But the only problem he had was that he was very greedy, so greedy that his nephew who was leaving in the same compound paid him rent!

We spent only three years living in that compound but it looked like we were there for three hundred years because of the troubles.

Every day it was one problem or the other with the landlord because of an unnecessary issue, hard as we tried to please him.

As soon as we moved in he told us, every tenant must come out every last Saturday of every month for the environmental sanitation.

We agreed but, he and his household never did come out for one day for the monthly clean up, instead you would them laughing out loudly in their sitting room!

Nobody dared complain, there were two other tenants too but my dad was the oldest of the men living there with their families.

We related so well among ourselves the tenants, nobody was a nuisance neighbor to anybody, there was mutual respect too.

So whenever there were any concerns among the other tenants they brought it to my dad because, the landlord only cared about his money!

He couldn’t be bothered with any tenant’s problems, he was a stern looking man in his 60s and had grown up children in the university then.

During Christmas when other compounds were organizing Christmas parties, he would pretend not to see them.

And when we as the tenants tried to organize by ourselves he would object to it saying, it was going to attract criminals to his building!

It was like living in a prison yard and I never stopped asking God to please allow my dad get a new place for us to stay.

All the years we spent in that house, he never for once called for a meeting between tenant and landlord.

The only time he called for a meeting was, if he needed money for repairs or needed money for an upfront payment.

It was always about money, money and more money, after almost three years my dad was like ‘enough is enough’ I’m leaving here!

I recall dancing ‘galala’ all through that day because, my siblings and I were affected too as the landlord never allowed our friends come to play with us!

Once he sees them coming, he would point backwards, which means ‘go back to where you are coming from.’

His wife and children also feared him, as the moment they see him driving into the building all of them would take their places.

One of his children was my age mate but, he never allowed us play together or even share ideas on school assignment or home work.

Finally one day, we moved out and moved to a better place with a kind-hearted landlord, who treated all of us including my dad like his own children!

Luckily for me again, he had a daughter about my age so I related with her so well, she was a class ahead of me and sometimes helped me with my homework.

I learned a lesson or two from those encounters, human beings differ, what one lacks another has and everybody is born with a special character trait!

What is your Landlord experience? Please share

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com/landlord-landlord-fearing-tenants/
Re: Between The Landlord And The 'landlord-fearing' Tenants by DLGUY: 8:13am On Mar 19, 2017
Lord I thank you I don't have a landlord though I once lived with my brother who had this terrible landlord who wanted to rip him off for supplying us power from his Mikano generator.

My brother called his bluff and backed out of the arrangement after testing it out for a month or so.

He bought his own generator and that put paid to that scheme.

We lived in his house for 2 years which was one of the worst in my life due to the incessant robbery incidents in that area.

Our house was invaded unsuccessfully twice.

We went to bed at night in fear that it may be our last night.

I can't but thank God for making me pass through all this and still live to tell the story.
Re: Between The Landlord And The 'landlord-fearing' Tenants by MrsMurphy(f): 9:04am On Mar 19, 2017
Just observing

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read Story I Read / Naira Market Place / 5 Equivalent Act One Must Stop To Go Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.