Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business (3527 Views)

How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC / Coronavirus: Innoson Distributes Over 1000 Bags Of Rice To Nnewi Residents / Shop Of A Lady - Bread Winner, Demolished In Nnewi, Anambra As She Cries Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by NewIdeas: 11:39am On Mar 19, 2017
pls I am presently in Lagos but planning to relocate to either Nnewi or Awka in Anambra State to start a business. I am thinking of Nnewi as my first option but I will like to know the cost of accommodation, school for my children and life generally. I will also appreciate contributions regarding the kind of business I can go into. Thanks all

2 Likes

Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by surrogatesng: 11:47am On Mar 19, 2017
You are relocating for business yet you do not know the type of business you want to do.My advice is for you to travel there alone and test the environment before deciding to move your family

2 Likes

Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by NewIdeas: 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
surrogatesng:
You are relocating for business yet you do not know the type of business you want to do.My advice is for you to travel there alone and test the environment before deciding to move your family
Thanks for your contribution. I truely value your advice but its not that I do not have a business in mind but I threw it open so I could get suggestions on moving businesses in the city.
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
NewIdeas:
pls I am presently in Lagos but planning to relocate to either Nnewi or Awka in Anambra State to start a business. I am thinking of Nnewi as my first option but I will like to know the cost of accommodation, school for my children and life generally. I will also appreciate contributions regarding the kind of business I can go into. Thanks all
Bros how can you suggest relocating to Nnewi from Lagos when Lagos is the hub of all business with intense competition and in this competition your best will come out. My advice: try and set up whatever business you have in Lagos to Nnewi, use the class operated in Lagos to drive your Nnewi setup, regularly check how it's being done in Lagos and transmit to your branch at Nnewi. Also try to send your products back to lagos, you will flourish brother. Take my advice because it works for me in palm oil production.

3 Likes

Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by NewIdeas: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
cheikishfarms:

Bros how can you suggest relocating to Nnewi from Lagos when Lagos is the hub of all business with intense competition and in this competition your best will come out. My advice: try and set up whatever business you have in Lagos to Nnewi, use the class operated in Lagos to drive your Nnewi setup, regularly check how it's being done in Lagos and transmit to your branch at Nnewi. Also try to send your products back to lagos, you will flourish brother. Take my advice because it works for me in palm oil production.
Bros, the way things are going on in Lagos now especially in this recession, in the near future only billionaires will be able to live in Lagos. The rising cost of living and You know Nigerians and taking advantage to exploit people, another reason is that the good schools are not affordable and I dont care lifestyle I notice even in students/children around here in Lagos. I want where my children will get education at an affordable rate with good upbringing. I also feel thay city like Nnewi may be a good place to live and bring up disciplined children since Nnewi is also growing fast as an industrial hub in the east. I stand to be corrected. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by austin2all: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nice move, but my advice is that you don't close the one you have in Lagos for now. Venture into the nnewi business and monitor its growth. Once its flourishing, then you can either close down the Lagos business or sell it out.
nnewi is an emerging city, and believe me, anything you invest there will flourish provided that its a new business that has not been dominated all over the town.

like they say, its either you are the first or the best in whatever biz you are into.
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by NewIdeas: 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
@austin2all
Thanks for your encouragement and your advice. But do you know any good business I can go into in that city
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
NewIdeas:

Bros, the way things are going on in Lagos now especially in this recession, in the near future only billionaires will be able to live in Lagos. The rising cost of living and You know Nigerians and taking advantage to exploit people, another reason is that the good schools are not affordable and I dont care lifestyle I notice even in students/children around here in Lagos. I want where my children will get education at an affordable rate with good upbringing. I also feel thay city like Nnewi may be a good place to live and bring up disciplined children since Nnewi is also growing fast as an industrial hub in the east. I stand to be corrected. Thanks

Don't mind the clown.
What happens to taking over a fresh market? It even gives you monopoly. Plus, the east is very viable, saner and has a robust well to do population.
The sky is your limit

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
austin2all:
Nice move, but my advice is that you don't close the one you have in Lagos for now. Venture into the nnewi business and monitor its growth. Once its flourishing, then you can either close down the Lagos business or sell it out.
nnewi is an emerging city, and believe me, anything you invest there will flourish provided that its a new business that has not been dominated all over the town.

like they say, its either you are the first or the best in whatever biz you are into.

Nice one
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by eezeribe(m): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2017
I am currently living in Awka.although I was formerly living in Nnewi.
It depends on the kind of businesses you have in mind.
But if you want to enjoy a more quiet lifestyle with good facilities for your kids... Awka is better.
If you want to Hustle 100%,Nnewi is your option.
Please note that in terms of business,Nnewi is more saturated and competitive than Awka.
You have more of business men in Nnewi,but in Awka,you get a balance in the populace including business men,civil servants,politicians and students.
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by NewIdeas: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2017
@Inyinyagbaoku, @eezeribe Thanks for ur contributions.

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by NewIdeas: 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
I need more contribution with regards to cost of accommodation in Nnewi/Awka.
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by Probz(m): 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
NewIdeas:
I need more contribution with regards to cost of accommodation in Nnewi/Awka.
Awka's much cheaper than Nnewi. Someone else can fill you in with all the details.
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by bisi16(m): 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
Don't know much abt business, but 3 bedroom flat is 300 to 350k in Awka.
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by NewIdeas: 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
N
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
NewIdeas:
@Inyinyagbaoku, @eezeribe Thanks for ur contributions.

Adopt ezeribes comment
Re: Relocation To Nnewi Or Awka For Business by austin2all: 11:16am On Mar 20, 2017
NewIdeas:
@austin2all
Thanks for your encouragement and your advice. But do you know any good business I can go into in that city

alot that i cant make public here bro. Sorry but im not stingy ooo

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Big Business Idea For 2019? / The Cheapest, Simplest And Easiest Way To Make Money Online (free PDF Report) / Unleashing The Power Of Hybrid Books On Amazon KDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.