Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? (871 Views)

Sensei Uche's Car Stops Danfo From Falling Off 3rd Mainland Bridge / Why Allwell Orji Committed Suicide– Doctor / 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide: "I Wish I Was Able To Stop Him" Witness Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by Fedupforreal: 1:42am On Mar 20, 2017
I read the case of the doctor who committed suicide and I had no reaction to it!

Am I the next?

My name's Emmanuel, and I had to create a new nairaland account for this. Please, read and talk to me.

I am young (mid 20s) and frustrated. I dropped out of school, deliberately to cater for family needs without the approval of my parents, especially my dad who had just lost his job with phcn then. It's been two years now, and looking back, that's my worst decision ever (or maybe second to the suicide attempt that I consider more often now).

I've fought and laboured and toiled but the struggle never ends. I have nothing to show for my life. I've knocked on so many doors and had most of them shut right in my face.

Today, I'll be making a last attempt at survival...and that's going in search of odd jobs at the popular mile 12 market...anything I can find to do, anything.

It's my last attempt, if I succeed, I hope to find my way back to OAU Biochemistry next session to pickup on my studies. If it doesn't …dear Lord...

This note is a feeble call for help. I want someone out here to reach out, to respond, to talk to me and tell me that life can still be meaningful.

I've seen nairalanders put smiles on one another's faces. I'm willing to smile again if someone is willing to make me smile, otherwise I'm in my own.

My dreams, desires and aspirations, I can't find them again. I look in my aging parents' eyes, I see the helplessness and I break even more! To my siblings, I'm just an egbon who doesn't know what he's gonna do.

If this reaches you and you hear my voice beyond beyond these words, if you're not scared to lend a helping hand, I could use one.

If you have read this, then, thank you...I really appreciate!

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by watered(m): 1:54am On Mar 20, 2017
You are just too intelligent to go down the drain just like that. Reading through your writings and seeing your correct usage of English punctuations and paragraph. YOU ARE EXCELLENT.

Can you pull over for a moment and think about this... The moment when you are about to end it is when your breakthrough is actually ripe. Have you observed our blessed pregnant women; I mean legitimate ones and see the pains they go through when they are heavy and just a day see the destiny they give birth to.

If you throw in the towel now, there are many lives tied to your existence what become of them? You are too big for depression. I see a glorious destiny in you.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by chinybelle(f): 2:05am On Mar 20, 2017
You are going no where bro
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by chukxie(m): 2:48am On Mar 20, 2017
If you wrote this then there's tons of potentials in you. Don't waste them. Be strong no matter the blows life deals you. Be positive no matter the setbacks you've faced and still facing. Life's sometimes unfair, but it can be beautiful as well. Suicide isn't an option! God nless you, bro!
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by chukxie(m): 2:50am On Mar 20, 2017
If you wrote this then there's tons of potentials in you. Don't waste them. Be strong no matter the blows life deals you. Be positive no matter the setbacks you've faced and still facing. Life's sometimes unfair, but it can be beautiful as well. Suicide isn't an option! God bless you, bro!
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by Nobody: 3:08am On Mar 20, 2017
abeg oooo. life is sweet oooo
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by Nobody: 3:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Suicide is not an option bro.Trust in the lord and dust yourself up, start from somewhere with critical thinking. Bro don't give up.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 20, 2017
Please. someone explain why suicide is not an option outside the Moral and Spiritual reasons
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by nairalandbuzz(m): 4:07am On Mar 20, 2017
Depression is now creeping so easily into the life of Nigerians and I wish the Govt can do.something to help.

If your story is true, then u need spanking... for tying success with education or your background...

Guy, sit back n rethink... That doctor now is in a category called "adorun mooto" - those that knows the truth after death... Be it heaven or hell...

Be Wise... Be.like.Yourself and Evolve
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by nairalandbuzz(m): 4:11am On Mar 20, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:
Please. someone explain why suicide is not an option outside the Moral and Spiritual reasons

Will the.suicide bring change?

Look at India, back in the days, when a girl gets raped, she falls into depression and then.commits suicide... Now they are wise... They get.trained.to.fight.the guys before being.raped... They get equipped to avoid rape and even if rraped, they dust the experience and start teaching others on survival skills...

Who suicide don epp?

Has suicide ever helped or.promoted a cause?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by searchng4love: 5:21am On Mar 20, 2017
Suicide is for weaklings​
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by PetrePan(m): 6:54am On Mar 20, 2017
Hey bro!..how could you?..i think you better dan this..firstly,you need to relax your mind..why should you give up?..their are tonnes of pple that have gone through situations even worse than your,buh they actually became victorious..
All you have to do is strive harder..anything you do,you should put more effort and have believe in yourself.
I tell u bro,then you will surely suceed
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? by Fedupforreal: 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
Yes, I've always held this same postulate loud and clear. From where I stand this moment, suicide is a rather brave choice. For me it's not gonna be just throwing in the towel, no, it's a choice to let myself go so others can start afresh. I can heal and rise again but it will be a rather long and tumultuous process with a long queue of Dependants. I can't do that to them - to make them hope in pain. To thy own self be true, o mortal!

searchng4love:
Suicide is for weaklings​

(1) (Reply)

Why I Will Never Stop Smoking / Breaking! Miss Kebbi Wins Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (mbgn) / For Those Of You Wondering What The Sand Filling At Oworo Is All About ......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.