Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off (25072 Views)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Repatriation Flight From UAE / Kenya Stowaway Falls Off KQ Flight From Nairobi To London / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by herdekunley9ja(m): 8:48am On Mar 20, 2017
grin

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Danielomisco(m): 8:49am On Mar 20, 2017
helphelp:
We need to make our environment conducive for businesses to strive, if not... Hmmmm
so how is the environment conducive??
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by hardbody: 8:52am On Mar 20, 2017
Dandsome:

It seems that's the only airline that flies to Jos.... I'm just saying

Well, if that it is correct, then may be I will blame them less, but yet, Arik? Not sure I will go after all. I will rather restructure the appointment or go by road. You could actually get there before the Arik flight, that is if they eventually fly at all.
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Proffdada: 8:55am On Mar 20, 2017
jeffizy:
How the mighty has fallen.
I smiled with pride when I saw Arik landing at JFK in 2014.
Just what went wrong? .
peace airline ti take over grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by jimb(m): 9:00am On Mar 20, 2017
please how much is the cheapest flight from Enugu to Lagos .. help help
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by chima4UK(m): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2017
Too bad for the Arik airline .
I actually gave up on them since 2014 after a horrible flight experience from London Hearthrow - Lagos international airport.

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by veacea: 9:05am On Mar 20, 2017
Where are the pictures

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by chima4UK(m): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2017
You are in the spirit .
They are the best for now .
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by kjhova(m): 9:10am On Mar 20, 2017
jeffizy:
How the mighty has fallen.
I smiled with pride when I saw Arik landing at JFK in 2014.
Just what went wrong? .

The same thing that always go wrong with black enterprises; the desire to own it all, unwillingness to bring in bigger investors, secrecy and mistery, disregard for research, atmosphere of fear and reprimand and outright fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 20, 2017
All these botha people sef...just catch standing inside plane...all na for the glory of God
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by mykelly(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2017
woodcook:
Do people still fly Arik with all the delays, cancellation and horrible customer service ?
on this route you have no choice than to fly Arik
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Lazyreporta(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2017
Dandsome:

You are right bro

Na to go kaduna den bus to jos.
Use medview or airpeace

Arik go make u loose biz incase u get plan cry

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by thunderbabs: 9:22am On Mar 20, 2017
If Na NuRTW chairman dey manage Arik airline, d airline will bcome efficient....Molue airline undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Reyus: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2017
All air passengers complaining should thank God that no plane crash has resulted in this ill-gotten Arik-Air.

The airline was established from blood money and money from corruption by Peter Odili and Arumeni-Johnson about 15years ago.

Be not deceived, God is not mocked, what you sow is what you will definitely reap... Gal 6.7

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by shukuokukobambi: 9:30am On Mar 20, 2017
hardbody:

I have no sympathy for the passengers. Who in his right senses flies Arik these days?

I have said it severally, book an Arik ticket for me for free and dash me money join, I would not go with them. Chances are that the flight might never take off before the business intended is closed, so why bother.

Things have actually improved for arik since the FG takeover. I've flown them from Lagos to Jos and Kaduna more than thrice since then and I've not being disappointed apart from the day immediately after the takeover when oando refused to supply them fuel.

The abuja closure is doing the Jos route a big favor as more people have no choice but to use Jos and I guess they didn't plan for the increase cheesy
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by rasputinn(m): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2017
Can we have pictures please
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by helphelp: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2017
Danielomisco:
so how is the environment conducive??

Can you take your time to read my post and then maybe you will reconstruct your question.

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by obowunmi(m): 9:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Who are the MORONS still flying Arik?

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by jtkoko9(f): 9:44am On Mar 20, 2017
The only reason why Arik is still in business is because it's the only airline that covers all the states that has an airport in Nigeria.

Do people still fly Arik with all the delays, cancellation and horrible customer service ?[/quote]
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by DrMuzungu(m): 9:46am On Mar 20, 2017
NCC fined MTN for some small mistakes... how much?

If the NCAA does the same to companies such is Arik, that would be sweet.

It's all very simple. Regulatory institutions do not do their jobs. Not that they don't do them well. They don't do them at all.

ARIK is fond of doing such st00pid sh1t all the time. Imagine yourself coming from abroad, with a wife, 3 years old child and 4 months old baby. You think, ARIK may be expensive but they are reliable (ha ha ha). So you tell company secretary in Nigeria to book the tickets for 4 of you not less than 2 weeks ahead of your arrival. You arrive, go to the hotel, and make sure alarms ring on time the next morning. You arrive 90 minutes prior to your flight, not expecting any difficulties. That is their second flight LOS-ABV for that day. Then the 1d1ot at the counter tells you "Sir, you are late". Then he pretends to be searching for the data in the computer and tells you that your ticket was for the previous flight, which departed almost 2 hours ago. Of course, a lie. Since everything was booked (or at least you would think so), you arrive with the minimum amount of cash on you (or on your cards). They ask you to pay a ridiculous no-show fee and be rebooked. You don't have enough money for that nonsense. The only person who is in the position to save you is wife's brother, who lives in Lagos. That young man, God bless him, sends enough cash and a bit more (to stay on the safe side, you never know with Arik). 4 long hours later we are on board and on our way. If not for the in-law, we would be stranded till at least that evening. Me, being an adult, that would be just uncomfortable but I can well live with it. But with a small baby and another still small child... that would not be fun.

So people, always have a backup, always! There is no 100% reliable airline in Nigeria (that is a domestic one, at least).
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2017
I guess flying Arik Air is cheaper
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by KaptainAfrika: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2017
...because Buhari is the owner of ARIK...

smithsydny:
Buhari have u seen
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by joenor(m): 10:02am On Mar 20, 2017
If we had some other flight agency in Nigeria, we won't be talking too much of Arik, we can use other flight agent bah?
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 20, 2017
hardbody:

I have no sympathy for the passengers. Who in his right senses flies Arik these days?

I have said it severally, book an Arik ticket for me for free and dash me money join, I would not go with them. Chances are that the flight might never take off before the business intended is closed, so why bother.

Is not deir doing,dats d only airline dat takes Jos route so cos d are enjoying monopoly,d feel they can treat u as d wish just because u don't have any oda choice!
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by musa7m(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2017
megrimor:
Hmmmmmmmmmm,

They should just split this country and give me my share.

I'm tired already

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by DrMuzungu(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2017
Sansa143:
Is not deir doing,dats d only airline dat takes Jos route so cos d are enjoying monopoly,d feel they can treat u as d wish just because u don't have any oda choice!

Overland was (and probably still is) the only one handling Abuja-Bauchi route but you never see this kind of nonsense. Yes, Bauchi airport (old one) suffered a lot in harmatan season. Yes, Overland sometimes comes very late. But, in the end, you reach your destination. They don't leave you stranded, as long as it is safe to land and take the passengers.

1 Like

Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by GenOrumov: 10:37am On Mar 20, 2017
Dandsome:

"It doesn't seem", you got it correct that it's the only airline that flies to Jos.
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by blackboy(m): 10:40am On Mar 20, 2017
Why they no assault them like the covers were assaulted?

On another note very good decision by the passengers to come to an agreement
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2017
I'm sure someone will be saying let all of us go in and sit. no be Nigerians?
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by karwa: 10:56am On Mar 20, 2017
it can only happen in jos,thats the motor park of the taxi company called arik
Re: Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off by DisGuy: 11:58am On Mar 20, 2017
verygudbadguy:
How life changes... The one time most adored is now the most detested and rejected airline in Nigeria.

rejected? Not at this rate...seems some cities have no option...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Crashes Into A Canal In Ikorodu (Photos) / Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K / Trailer Crushes Man To Death In Kaduna (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.