Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Gtbank Policy Not To Accept USD Below USD50 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Policy Not To Accept USD Below USD50 (887 Views)

Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) / Dangote Denies Interest In 9mobile, To Invest About USD50 Billion In U.S, Europe / New Law Compels Zimbabwe Banks To Accept Cattles, Goat And Sheep As Collateral. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Policy Not To Accept USD Below USD50 by niyiguy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
I have heard this several from different GTBank branches, Bode Thomas, Allen Avenue and Ipaja road.

They rejected $20 from me severally, rejection is supported with a statement "saying GTBank's Policy doesn't accept $50 below".

I know it is not true.

Why issues us USD debit card?

Guys what do you think?
Re: Gtbank Policy Not To Accept USD Below USD50 by abhosts(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
Virtually all Nigerian Banks do not collect bellow $50 denominations. They also Reject all Dollars Printed before 2009. This is because they have lower exchange rate value at BDCs so they find it hard to pay customers with them.
Re: Gtbank Policy Not To Accept USD Below USD50 by ExchangerPLUS: 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
abhosts:
[s]Virtually all Nigerian Banks do not collect bellow $50 denominations. [/s]They also Reject all Dollars Printed before 2009. This is because they have lower exchange rate value at BDCs so they find it hard to pay customers with them.

This is not true. We accept the 2009 statement but we do not accept below $50 denomination.
GTBank card costs about $27, we believe when paying for this, they should sure accept. But if they don't, well there are many other banks that does.

NB: We are not a fan of GTB, and we do not bank with them.
Re: Gtbank Policy Not To Accept USD Below USD50 by stagger: 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
ExchangerPLUS:

This is not true. We accept the 2009 statement but we do not accept below $50 denomination.
GTBank card costs about $27, we believe when paying for this, they should sure accept. But if they don't, well there are many other banks that does.

NB: We are not a fan of GTB, and we do not bank with them.

That means you do not know their policies. A GTB branch told me just weeks ago that they do not accept dollar series before 2009.
Re: Gtbank Policy Not To Accept USD Below USD50 by ExchangerPLUS: 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
stagger:

That means you do not know their policies. A GTB branch told me just weeks ago that they do not accept dollar series before 2009.

Our response didn't contradict the 2009 statement. We are more focused on low dollar denomination acceptance.

As for policies, we purposely don't bank with them because we fully know their crook ways, backed with their half-baked customer services.

(1) (Reply)

Another Suicide Because Of Christ Embassy Church's Suisse Microfinance Bank / Smile Lte Cube E5180 For Sale. / Bulksms Business, You Can Make Money By Selling Customize SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.