Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:21 AM

As A Women, Would You Prefer To Have A Male Or Female Obstetrician/gynecologist? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / As A Women, Would You Prefer To Have A Male Or Female Obstetrician/gynecologist? (498 Views)

Preserve Your Sperm & Eggs For Future - Gynecologist Advises Career Ladies, Men / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist / Men, Would You Allow Your Gynecologist Friend Attend To Your Pregnant Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Women, Would You Prefer To Have A Male Or Female Obstetrician/gynecologist? by robosky02(m): 9:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
As women, would you prefer to have a male or female obstetrician/gynecologist?

As a woman, I want a gynacologist who listens to me, to the symptoms I describe and to my wishes. I want a doctor who treats me with respect and who will not dismiss me with a simple "you're fat, go lose some weight and maybe then I'll listen to you" or a "you're too sensitive, I can't find anything so it must be nothing". I want a doctor to take me seriously and help me with my problems.

so would you prefer the doctor to be a male or female obstetrician/gynecologist?

cc:mynd44

Re: As A Women, Would You Prefer To Have A Male Or Female Obstetrician/gynecologist? by yomi007k(m): 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2017
grin

O n G docs wey no plenty na hin una de use do pick- a- boo.

I pity una lives.
Re: As A Women, Would You Prefer To Have A Male Or Female Obstetrician/gynecologist? by robosky02(m): 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
more ladies I have meet this days would want the males even when referred to a female is there any reason?

1 Like

Re: As A Women, Would You Prefer To Have A Male Or Female Obstetrician/gynecologist? by robosky02(m): 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
Lauren Leigh Rollins, A lifetime of experience.

I've had a male gynecologist who was absolutely awesome for most of my life. He listens to me, makes me totally comfortable, believes what I'm telling him even when he can't explain it medically. He's reassuring and matter of fact. He talks about sensitive things straightforwardly and doesn't treat me like a child, or a flower, or some such other nonsense.

He absolutely doesn't see his patients sexually. He's a professional, as 99.9% of male gynecologists are.

Since I moved a few years ago, I now have seen two women. I didn't like either one of them. One was quite rough with me when I had a painful, but routine procedure. It was kind of like she wanted me to "suck it up." Sometimes empathy isn't automatically a great thing.

I'd give anything to go back to my male doctor.

The bottom line is that each woman has an individual preferences. And each doctor has strengths and weaknesses--male or female. There is no universal, gendered law about women being better ob-gyns than men. In fact, some of them suck at it.

But by and large doctors are professionals--even if you don't care for their bedside manner. And I think it's gross and irresponsible to suggest that they look at their patients sexually. By that logic, your EMT is checking out your tits when he's extracting you from your auto accident.

There are some impulses stronger than sex drive--even in men. And any man or woman who suggests that doctors of any kind are thinking about sex when they're treating patients professionally likely aren't professionals themselves.

cc: mynd44
https://www.quora.com/As-women-would-you-prefer-to-have-a-male-or-female-obstetrician-gynecologist

(1) (Reply)

World Water Day 2017 / Walk For Health & Fitness And Free Medical Service / Youth And Insomnia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.