Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Today Is World Poetry Day: Write Something - Poems For Review (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Today Is World Poetry Day: Write Something (12204 Views)

World Poetry Day / World Poetry Day (shrine Of Poetry) / Nairaland Poetry Club: Valentine Duets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is World Poetry Day: Write Something by BobiJoe: 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
SUPERNOVA
Even in the throes of despair I have nothing at all to fear Rather than feel down and despondent I feel strong and in charge like a president Not over others, but over my own Cos that what I am; a man alone Though enemies try to make loneliness my portion I make myself a priority not an option They ridicule and mock me in my face But I see that as a passing phase Cos when they see me fly high up into the skies Shock and surprise will paint their eyes It’s a nova a nova they’ll cry Just for a moment and he’ll die But I’ll smile and shine ever so bright Until I explode and make them go blind Then they will all know What they should’ve known That I’m not just a star, a nova But a blinding bright SUPER NOVA
Re: Today Is World Poetry Day: Write Something by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
wink
Cherlene:

Good too cheesy

Cherlene
Re: Today Is World Poetry Day: Write Something by Delico(m): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
while climbing the mountain of life, i met the world along the way... though the sun was on my back, yet my hope were high to reach beyond my dreams...

I could remember times when i was lost, i kept tracing back to all the bridges that i hv crossed... many were the days that i was alone... i almost gave up, Until i heard ur voice calling out my name, and i felt your arms around my shoulder..
I use to think that i was alone, down the storms and the rain,, Now am glad to knw you were there.. Every step of the way......

Music has moved me through the years, brought me laughter and tears... But more than anything, i treasure friends i met along the way.. Yes, I still remember dos days whn i was lost, and everyone was too busy and couldn't help.. i knocked on so many doors.. and the more i pushed, the less advancement i gain, i wanted to end it all.. but thank Goodness i heard you calling.. then you held my arms so lovingly, and you ease my pain.

You became a part of me, my only best friend, you gave me the inspiration i never had, you brought me strength & renewed my faith.....you helped me through the marathon wind..... And you are still here.....

This poet is dedicated to God the almighty.. My First love
Re: Today Is World Poetry Day: Write Something by probity1: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2022
Lip Service

The sun blazed like a hearth
Upon the helpless earth
As I strutted from the stream,
My calabash filled to the brim.
I saw him lose his footing,
He fell and hurt his shin
But he fixed his gaze on me,
Cleared his throat and spoke to me:
“Please, a mouthful brother
To quench this raging thirst,
I am sorry this is a bother
But give me a mouthful first”
“Your timing is wrong, brother
Because I am late to church.
Please endure your thirst
Till I return from the church”.

In the church I sang
Until my voice grew hoarse,
I knelt in the pew and prayed
For the good of all my neighbours.

I opened my eyes
And saw the funeral procession.
“A mouthful would have saved him”,
I heard the mourners say.
“May his soul rest in peace”,
I replied and wept.
Re: Today Is World Poetry Day: Write Something by baylord101(m): 9:08am On Oct 17, 2022
Hopeless Negroes
Starvation and thirsty
Up and Down, Day and Night
The cardinal point meet within
Man inhumane to man
Negritude and denials.

Together in the market place
Traded shoulder to shoulders
Years of barter system
Alone with our gods and goddess
Wines and beef with foes.

Where’s their invisible God?
That kept mute of their inhumanity
Raped our land
Dried our tanks
But Heaven we clamor to make.

Dry your tears mother Africa
For the good left behind can’t be deny

© Hamzat S.O 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Voice That Speaks / Love is Like a Rose / One Poem For The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.