Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,442 members, 7,826,701 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Depression - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Depression (459 Views)

Pls Help Me. I'm Going Into Depression / How Can I Fight This Kind Of Depression? / I Think I'm Battling Depression. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Depression by Oba1ni(m): 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
As posted on facebook by: John Olufunmi

I have been worried since yesterday about the man who jumped into the lagoon
We all heard of the man who yesterday asked his driver to pull over on the Mainland bridge in Lagos and jumped. You may have seen pictures of his SUV too. The man is presumed dead.
According to Lagos State CP, he is survived by, at least, his mother.
Two things struck me right away. 1. If he had a driver, he was not a wretched man. 2. If he had a mother, he was not an old man.
Yet, he was sufficiently troubled by something or some things enough to drive him over the edge.
DEPRESSION
It is real. Pay attention to your friends and family members. Research has it that most of those who commit suicide gave hints. People around them just didn't notice.
Has anybody ever said something like: "Ile aye su mi jare" (I am sick and tired of everything) and you dismissed it? Have you been close to someone who all of a sudden started withdrawing from people, brooding for long, started giving away things they treasured, stopped making plans?
Ask them pointedly if they are planning to commit suicide. You'd be surprised to learn how easy they will open up to you...because that's the opening they need in order to seek help.
And you yourself, seek help. I know everybody is quick to refer you to a professional psychologist or psychiatrist. But in our society where you can't even get help for malaria, how can you find such a professional? So, find a good friend...a good relative..a good neighbor...a good co-worker and talk to them.
Gbogbo oke isoro wa yoo di petele. Amin
Re: Depression by chii8(f): 10:13am On Mar 22, 2017
Yes ooo,its real ooo,something i applied for ten months ago,only for d list to appear yesterday n my name didnt appear there,i felt so disappointed,bad n hurt,i cried my heart out,i pitied my parents though...they were expected positive news which was shattered,thank God,my hubby managed to take me out of that bitterness.

1 Like

Re: Depression by Oba1ni(m): 11:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
Chii8! what did u apply for?

(1) (Reply)

Nysc: Part-time Graduants List Has Been Uploaded - Check Yours / Mercy Aigbe's Battered Face Causes Stir / Need Your Opinion!!! When Is The Right Time To Do ....??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.