Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS (28156 Views)

Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It / Olawale Sulaiman: Biography Of Neurosurgeon Who Performs Free Surgery In Nigeria / Foyekemi Ikyaato First Black, Youngest Doctor To Open An Emergency Room In Texas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by joeyztime(m): 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
front page worthy. Kudos to her
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by nas00(m): 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
Just30:
why were you looking for an argument?
There are four female neurosurgeon at Korle BU teaching Hospital

Again, I repeat, I did not talk about Ghana.

Is English language so difficult to comprehend? Gosh!

I brought NIGERIA into perspective, and you are here talking about Ghana.

Obviously, you are the one looking for argument where there is none.

Must one write in your native language before you can understand?

RIP, English language angry

1 Like

Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Chartey(m): 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
nas00:

Ok. Congrats to her.

Take note: First female to match for neurosurgery residency at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Nobody can take that from the Ghanian lady, but she never even start.

However, this is not strange to some of us because Nigeria already beat Ghana to this years ago.

The first female neurosurgeon in Nigeria presently works at the University College Hospital Ibadan. She completed residency in the same institution, and is a full fellow of the West African College of Surgeons. She is a qualified neurosurgeon.

Go and do your fact-finding. I won't mention her name

Nigerian women are not only intelligent and beautiful. They are world beaters, and we don't 'loud' it cool

Same way there are female neurosurgeons in Ghana. This is about black females in the US. Everybody understands that. No ambiguity.
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Beckham14: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
eph123:

There are many Nigerian women in the Corporate world doing great things. Don't just tar us all with the same brush.

We have the likes of Ibukun Awosika (Chairman First bank), Enase Okonedo (Dean LBS), Sola Borha (CEO Stanbic), Ndidi Nwuneli (Leap Africa)
My bad, i apologise. cool
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by micfoley: 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
Wonderful
achievement
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Beckham14: 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

Sometimes I wonder if some people are possessed with inferiority complex. Amongst all the hardworking women you see it is the half naked picture of a lady you use to depict Nigerian females with abi? Thank God your mother and sisters are also females so go ahead and insult your country and female folks
My apologise though.
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by eph123(f): 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
Beckham14:
My bad, i apologise. cool
Apology accepted cool
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by DexteryJoe(m): 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hmmmm.... sister wehdone o, while u r making ur country proud, the sisters in my own country are becumin slay queens and pepper gangs
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by nas00(m): 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Chartey:

Same way there are female neurosurgeons in Ghana. This is about black females in the US. Everybody understands that. No ambiguity.

Thanks Buddy. I fully agree with you.

Black females doing mother Africa proud.

By the way, I was taught by Ghanaian teachers for most of my formative years. I can attest to the finesse and highly cerebral nature of Ghanaian academics.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by sshalom(m): 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
Amazing and epoch making achievement. Go girl!
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Just30: 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
nas00:

Again, I repeat, I did not talk about Ghana.

Is English language so difficult to comprehend? Gosh!

I brought NIGERIA into perspective, and you are here talking about Ghana.

Obviously, you are the one looking for argument where there is none.

Must one write in your native language before you can understand?

RIP, English language angry

You obviously wasn't reading
This whole thing is about black female achievement in the US
Then you made it about Nigeria
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by basty: 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
If it has been the Igbos, they would not allowed us breath.
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Ejimsmayor(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Wish Nancy all the best as she journey into medical practice of revamping and sustaing good health.may the good Lord strengthens u.
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by lereinter(m): 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
eph123:

I am sure you can see all the examples I gave are not "ordinary bankers" - the point in case you missed it is that Nigerian women are achieving in different fields you can think of.

you missed it
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
nas00:

Ok. Congrats to her.

Take note: First female to match for neurosurgery residency at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Nobody can take that from the Ghanian lady, but she never even start.

However, this is not strange to some of us because Nigeria already beat Ghana to this years ago.

The first female neurosurgeon in Nigeria presently works at the University College Hospital Ibadan. She completed residency in the same institution, and is a full fellow of the West African College of Surgeons. She is a qualified neurosurgeon.

Go and do your fact-finding. I won't mention her name

Nigerian women are not only intelligent and beautiful. They are world beaters, and we don't 'loud' it cool
anytime i hear neurosurgery, prof Shokunbi comes to my mind. i haven't taken neurosurgery from him b4 though but the way he taught us neuroscience, i give it to him. fine teacher. he always talk about how he read that big Grays anatomy and used to sit at the back. he makes neuroantomy look like basic science. I'm looking forward to Clinicals .

1 Like

Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by famosh: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
Just30:
actually three years time
What are you saying, Oga? Is neurosurgery residency 3 years? Or you just felt like correcting for correcting sake?
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Just30: 8:58am On Mar 23, 2017
famosh:

What are you saying, Oga? Is neurosurgery residency 3 years? Or you just felt like correcting for correcting sake?
she has done 4 years already at the same school and she's specializing in neurosurgery which will be a three years thing
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Chartey(m): 10:51am On Mar 23, 2017
Just30:
she has done 4 years already at the same school and she's specializing in neurosurgery which will be a three years thing
The guy is correct.
The 4 years was just medical school.
This is going to be 7 years.

1 Like

Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by famosh: 11:35am On Mar 23, 2017
Just30:
Isn't it the four year MD, bros? That four years is the basic medical degree after which you'll apply for matching for a residency spot after passing your Step 1 & Step 2ck & cs. She will spend another 7 whole years, Oga!

1 Like

Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Just30: 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
Chartey:

The guy is correct.
The 4 years was just medical school.
This is going to be 7 years.
Thanks
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by Just30: 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
famosh:

Isn't it the four year MD, bros? That four years is the basic medical degree after which you'll apply for matching for a residency spot after passing your Step 1 & Step 2ck & cs. She will spend another 7 whole years, Oga!
Thanks
Anyway she doesn't have to worry cos her husband is in another programme in the same John Hopkins
Re: Nancy Abu-Bonsrah Becomes First Black Female Neurosurgeon At US University. PICS by NNAMDICE: 1:21am On Mar 26, 2017
ITS A SHAME...EVERYTHING THE BLACK HAS IS GIVEN TO HIM BY THE WHITE...WHY DIDNT SHE STUDY AND BAG SAME DEGREE IN AFRICA......ABEG WE BLACKS HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO JAREE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Life Lessons I Learnt From An Injury I Had 6 Years Ago, But Treating Today. / Mentally Challenged Woman Gives Birth To Twins In The Bush In Katsina / I Think I'm Infected, Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.