Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job (14332 Views)

Why Do Entrepreneurs Talk Down On 9-5? / How To Cope With A 9 To 5 When You Are Not A Morning Person / How To Have A Good Time Doing A 9 - 5 Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by ideaz: 8:47am On Mar 23, 2017
There must be a balance in our choices.

There is time for everything, find the right time for your job and business drives.

Never find yourself where you are not able to pay your bills because no idea works under such a state. Be warned!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by vislabraye(m): 9:04am On Mar 23, 2017
kilokeys:

dont mind those mofos... if you examine the 4 quadrants ; employed, self employed, investor, business owner..

you'll notice many pple are eager to join the bandwagon of being self-employed.. esp in a country with poor ROI.. where u dont much capital to do anything.. at the end of the day.. most self-employed pple barely get by. the dont have the time, money , rest, experience most gainfully employed pple have.

and who told them you cant be gainfully employed and run a business ( with staff) and still do things after u leave ur office?

Some people are just daft. They think they know it all.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by RealityShot: 9:21am On Mar 23, 2017
Beabeth(f)

dont mind them..

its only "rich dad poor dad" that they buy and read..
they dont ever see and buy "before you quit your job" by same author ..a book he wrote some years after the first book...

"think and grow rich" remains the ultimate book... If you dont think you cant grow rich...

abi where the capital go appear from?
uncle? Daddy? Govt? .. Usai
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by BigBen10: 9:35am On Mar 23, 2017
kayceeD2:
Where is 9-5 job first? angry
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by Kaysalas(m): 9:55am On Mar 23, 2017
ItsQuinn:
Good smiley
Have a nice life smiley
I like your level of maturity in dealing with that foul mouthed fellow. It shows you are not in his league. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by munezo(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2017
Do not let anybody deceive you, you need your 9 to 5 to fund your business. Remain in your 9 to 5 and run your business part time, if pissible.

When your business is big enough to pull in funds higher than your 9 to 5, then you can quit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by RealityShot: 10:02am On Mar 23, 2017
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing.

However this could be deeper than you think.

What if your life assignment demands a full-time commitment?

A life of PURPOSE is much more fulfilling, even if it means earning lesser income.

Ever wonder why so many "rich" people are suicidal? There is more to life than money.

Selah

thats off topic..stay on the topic..

its DONT QUIT YOUR 9-5 JOB TO START A BUSINESS TO GET RICH QUICK
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by RealityShot: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2017
munezo:
Do not let anybody deceive you, you need your 9 to 5 to fund your business. Remain in your 9 to 5 and run your business part time, if pissible.

When your business is big enough to pull in funds higher than your 9 to 5, then you can quit.

nice idea...but..

why quit when you can continue taking both checks?

multiple sources of income is the secret of becoming RICH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by somez(m): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2017
But common, why insulting? Have you both meet b4? Nawa o
SweetBoyFriend:

Shut up

Where is Nigeria today ??

Nigeria is one of the greatest country on earth

You wouldn't know about it because your dumbass is sitting somewhere in Ogun state swallowing Amala and Ewedu

Travel to the USA and tell them you're from Nigeria, you will see their reaction

I know you're an upcoming idiot

Have you been to the USA ??

What's the difference between Nigeria and USA which is the greatest country on earth ??

Stop watching TV and thinking that Europe or America is exactly what they show you

I can take a picture of a street in New York that is worse than Ajegunle

Goat face
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by munezo(m): 10:33am On Mar 23, 2017
I agree, the more the merrier

RealityShot:

nice idea...but..

why quit when you can continue taking both checks?

multiple sources of income is the secret of becoming RICH

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2017
wink
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by jtjohn(m): 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
Beabeth:
Stop listening to these "quit your job" gurus. There is nothing wrong with working a 9-5 and you need your 9-5 to fund your 6-10 in the beginning.

When you're in the beginning stages of your business, that's the broke, don't know, need help, have no clue stage so why would you quit your job in that state of mind?

These gurus tell you to quit your job but once you quit and don't have any money left to pay them for their services, they are nowhere to be found. They tell you to quit your job, follow your dreams, stop punching that clock for the man, that job is holding you back and all of that is BS.

You are holding you back, not that job. You can work your 9-5 and still have your own business.

Work your 9-5 and your business for as long as you can together. There is nothing wrong with a job check and your business check at the same time.

Do what works for you and your business on your time. Stop letting these people that don't pay your bills dictate how you live your life.

www.xobeabeth.com
Please op can u explain what is 9-5 and 6-10.....because this my first time of hearing it......Thanks
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by bodlandsystems: 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
Career Turbo Charge {CTC} Workshop
Give your career a boost, attend a 1-day career turbo charge workshop where we showcase practical and globally recognized tools to boost career and personal productivity.
Workshop highlights:
ü Fundamentals of project management
ü Time management
ü Quality management
ü Marketing Strategy
ü Marketing Research
ü Creative thinking
ü Team management
The workshop will be delivered in an interesting and engaging manner by certified professionals.
Workshop Benefits include tools and techniques you can start using immediately to improve your performance.
There will be;
v Tea break
v Lunch break
v Workshop materials {Workbook and stationery}
v Support materials {eBooks of USB stick}
v Certificate of participation

Course Fee: 20,000 {double strikethrough} 10,000 {50% Discount}
Venue: 140, Borno Way, Ebute Meta, Yaba, Lagos.
Date: Saturday, April 15, 2017.
Time: 9am-5pm
For more information please visit www.mtceduhub.com or call;
Kunle +234 802 370 1151
Ayo +234 802 989 4444
Kunle +234 809 370 1151

Next PM training details:
Dates: April, 22,23,29&30. 2 consecutive weekends.
Course fee: 80,000 {Double Strikethrough} 44,000 massive 45% discount.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by mastercee(m): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
bikat:
IT IS 8 - 4 in Nigeria, 9 - 5 is a western concept..........u guys should stop copying westerners

It's 9-5 at my place of work
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by phemi01(m): 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

9-5 job ??

God forbid

I know how people are enslaved with that 9-5 job

Growing up i knew i will never work for anyone in my life

I grew up in a little town in Anambra state, started packing blocks and building materials at construction sites, from there got the money to start buying motorcycle and reselling them, from there started going to China and the USA ,15 years later i Know how much i have in my bank account, no one gave me 5 naira

You live in Lagos, Onitsha, Aba and Lagos and you're still working for someone, you're lazy

Money is the easiest thing to do

Lazy people are the ones who take 9-5 jobs

Selling noodles can make you a millionaire​, the question is how do i get the money to start my own business

Again, getting the money for your business is very very easy, i won't teach you what to do, it only takes​ you being smart and intelligent

Sell your phone for a higher price, buy another phone, flip it for a higher price till you graduate to flipping laptops from there you can graduate to buying stuffs from Alibaba

Money is the easiest thing to make

Na so. See as your mouth dey run. So everybody must do business abi?

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by CellTabRepairs: 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
Whoever said you should "just quit your job?" That's understanding with your brain turned upside down.!

Every intelligent person knows that for anyone to quit a job, something about that job is already a nightmare to him or her. To be considering it, turning it in your mind continously and listening to seminars or people with such message : something already is happening in your spirit. Dissatisfaction? Low wage - even wasted doing or going to the work without savings? Enough money but lack motivation to perform? Perception that you are on a rat race in circles without purpose? Personal dream? Etcetera etcetera

So it's not a call to quit for fun. No one who loves his job would quit. But even if you have a superb job, no intelligent person will not think about the long run because one day; 1. You retire 2. You may be sacked or retrenched 3. Or anything else may happen! Where do you run to?
ENTERPRISE

Not everyone may be enterprising but everyone should learn to be enterprising!

Learn. If you have a job, you love your job, don't ridicule certain messages or messengers because at that moment it doesn't apply to you. Skip and also don't feel anything is wrong with you or belittle yourself for working 9-5 at the moment(in case you have bigger dream plans). So many people today who are reinventing new sources of income to survive were once scrunching their noses at such messages, messengers or those they felt beneath them or that they simply called jobless. Life happens. Be humble!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Might Need that earns you huge cash returns very quickly!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by Fortune212(m): 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
What if i show you how to Become Self Employed today!!!
Discover the secrets to wealth and Happiness
No special skills are needed!
Over 20 lucrative Internet businesses you can start now and you become financially free for life
Call me today on 08141539562 for more info
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
Fortune212:
What if i show you how to Become Self Employed today!!!
Discover the secrets to wealth and Happiness
No special skills are needed!
Over 20 lucrative Internet businesses you can start now and you become financially free for life
Call me today on 08141539562 for more info

If you knew them and they are working for you you won't come here advertising them. You even proudly display your number on a public forum because u neither have reputation nor do u have any thing to loose. Repent and avoid the coming fire

Sgt Ponzi Hater
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by twosquare(m): 5:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

9-5 job ??

God forbid

I know how people are enslaved with that 9-5 job

Growing up i knew i will never work for anyone in my life

I grew up in a little town in Anambra state, started packing blocks and building materials at construction sites, from there got the money to start buying motorcycle and reselling them, from there started going to China and the USA ,15 years later i Know how much i have in my bank account, no one gave me 5 naira

You live in Lagos, Onitsha, Aba and Lagos and you're still working for someone, you're lazy

Money is the easiest thing to do

Lazy people are the ones who take 9-5 jobs

Selling noodles can make you a millionaire​, the question is how do i get the money to start my own business

Again, getting the money for your business is very very easy, i won't teach you what to do, it only takes​ you being smart and intelligent

Sell your phone for a higher price, buy another phone, flip it for a higher price till you graduate to flipping laptops from there you can graduate to buying stuffs from Alibaba

Money is the easiest thing to make
You truly inspired me with these words. Thanks.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by RealityShot: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
phemi01:

Na so. See as your mouth dey run. So everybody must do business abi?
abeg ask am again...
who go work for dangote factories to produce cement etc wey "business men" dey trade?

he even started with 9-5 seff..lol
abi to carry blocks no be "work/job"?
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
hmm...testing
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by assisttohire: 9:52am On Mar 24, 2017
Assist to Hire is an employment social networking connecting suitable employees with the right employers.
If you are a candidate looking for work or an employer looking to hire?
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 24, 2017
I know the truth hurts right in the bone. Lol
SetrakusRa:

You're certainly one of those small girls looking for attention on Nairaland.

Don't you fvcking call Nigerians lazy ever again!!

Your entire lineage must be lazy.. Feminist my foot.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by mctowel01: 2:48pm On May 23, 2017
Good to run both, If everyone owns a business, who will be the professionals working to stimulate the economy? A thriving economy needs mre businesses and more professionals, so infact best to run both if you can, otherwise, stick to what works bests for you, that way, everyone is productive.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by Focusmind: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2019
My people, there is nothing wrong with 9-5 or 8-4 jobs. People have left their well paying jobs to dabble into their so called passion and got burnt big time.

Nigeria business climate could be so unforgiving when it comes to starting business. A lot of huddles to cross. Those without adequate capital and support base will regret it. I have seen it all, though I have not experienced it myself but from people's experience.

If you are working in a decent company and you are happy, please maintain yourself there. If the passion to start something becomes too much, set it up as a side hustle. When the side hustle starts earning income equivalent to your monthly salary or cover your basic monthly expenditures with some disposal income left, then you could decide to quite or better still run both concurrently.

I REPEAT AND I REPEAT AGAIN!!, Do not QUIT your job till your side hustle starts earning substantial income.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by Ajibolatao(m): 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2019
Improve and learn new skills on Lynda.com. Get access to premium courses for a token.

Contact me or use the link below :

https://www.nairaland.com/4864664/premium-lynda.com-account-watch-download#73256339
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job by lacasera14(m): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
Beabeth:
Stop listening to these "quit your job" gurus. There is nothing wrong with working a 9-5 and you need your 9-5 to fund your 6-10 in the beginning.

When you're in the beginning stages of your business, that's the broke, don't know, need help, have no clue stage so why would you quit your job in that state of mind?

These gurus tell you to quit your job but once you quit and don't have any money left to pay them for their services, they are nowhere to be found. They tell you to quit your job, follow your dreams, stop punching that clock for the man, that job is holding you back and all of that is BS.

You are holding you back, not that job. You can work your 9-5 and still have your own business.

Work your 9-5 and your business for as long as you can together. There is nothing wrong with a job check and your business check at the same time.

Do what works for you and your business on your time. Stop letting these people that don't pay your bills dictate how you live your life.

www.xobeabeth.com
Where will you even see a 9-5 job again. It's now 7-6 which is the pro version of the slavery. Which employer will allow you resume for work by 9am and leave by 5 save for these lazy civil service jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa / Prohibited Practices Under The Nigerian Medical Law / 7 Easy-to-learn Skills For Students Awaiting Admission, NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.