Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Have You Heard About AIESEC And The Many Opportunities They Offer??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Heard About AIESEC And The Many Opportunities They Offer??? (2808 Views)

Some Facts You May Never Have Heard About Nigeria. / 15 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria And Courses They Offer / Have You Heard: The Dirtiest Man In The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Heard About AIESEC And The Many Opportunities They Offer??? by aiesecakure: 12:36am On Mar 23, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, this is our very first post and we are here to bring to your knowledge a Non-Governmental Youth Organization called AIESEC.
You are probably curious about what is AIESEC? Who is AIESEC? Why AIESEC?

AIESEC which was founded in 1948, is a global youth-led organization striving to achieve peace and fulfillment of humankind’s potential by activating leadership qualities in youth through learning from practical experiences in challenging environments.
Together with partner organizations such as ING, NOKIA, NIKE, EDUCATION FIRST, ADB, PWC, JCI, FOREST INTERACTIVE, HNA TOURISM, KINECTIC, MIND VALLEY, TATA, UNHABITAT, UNIPLACES, ELECTROLUX, Co-Creation HUB, UBC, UNWOMEN, COMMONWEALTH etc., AIESEC facilitates a network of cross-cultural exchanges in the form of volunteering experiences and professional internships. I could go on and tell you the whole genesis down to the revelation of AIESEC but trust me, some of you will find it interesting but being a Nairalanders myself I know a better percentage of us don’t like long eye-straining posts so I’ll just relate this to our everyday lives as youths/students.

We all started out our education career in the university by writing O-level exams, jamb & post utme (we the godfathers) lately there’s no more p-utme n O-level rating got complicated. Anyway, we made it into 100L but it didn’t get any easier as we were faced with the long sun-scorching registration processes mixed with 7/8am – 6/7pm lectures including Saturday & probably Sundays then test and exams seems closer than ever. Now, what am I trying to draw out from here? Let’s assume the above illustration was refers to someone called Richard and right about now, Richard is a 500L student. Can you tell me what Richard has been doing for the past 4years I’ll tell you. Richard for the past 4years has been waking up every day, brushing, bathing, having breakfast, going to classes, doing assignments, sleeping, wake up the next day and repeat the same process but do note that sometimes Richard might not bath nor have breakfast probably cos of an early morning lecture then maybe he chills and cheers to the freaking weekend, who knows! Test and exams comes and goes then he’s gone for the breaks waiting for the next session to play out the same old process.

Truth be told this is the life of many of our undergraduates excluding those who’ve involved themselves in other life developing activities like entrepreneurship and skill acquisition. This goes on for 5 good years and then Richard comes out with a printed sheet of his 5-year worth called a degree. It could be a 1st class, 2nd class, or probably a 3rd class – again let’s assume Richard had a 1st class.
After school year, what comes to mind is to get a job but this is the tricking part. While job hunting, most employers told Richard to go look for 2-3years of experience. Does this mean than 5 good years, 1st class degree coupled with an I.T experience isn’t enough experience But then we all know that in our Nigeria of today just about anybody can get a 1st class. So, where can Richard get this 2-3years of experience, he just left school like yesterday plus adding that 3years to his 5years, it makes it 8years of learning just to be employable.
Now, your story doesn’t have to be like Richard’s. At AIESEC, we offer youths the opportunity to gain skills and experience while in school but do note that AIESEC opportunities is open to all youths not just students.

HOW WE DO IT
AIESEC members live an integrated development experience and this involves leadership opportunities, international internships and interacting with the global network to support their development
We develop youths through our 3 Global Programs: Global Volunteer, Global Entrepreneur, Global Talent
(Each Programs Will Be Discussed Out Rightly in Our Next Post. Also, subsequently we will be posting our upcoming global opportunities to which you can freely apply)

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/aiesecakure
INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/aiesecakure
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/aiesecakure
To Be Continued…

Re: Have You Heard About AIESEC And The Many Opportunities They Offer??? by Emanex18: 6:47am On Mar 23, 2017
Wow I am very thrilled.... I will love to get more information on how to join
Re: Have You Heard About AIESEC And The Many Opportunities They Offer??? by aiesecakure: 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
QUICK FACTS!!!
AIESEC is the largest non-profit student run organization.
AIESEC has over 70,000+ active members worldwide.
AIESEC is present in over 2,400+ universities and growing.
AIESEC is recognized in over 128+ countries and territories.

GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Global Volunteer is an opportunity for a young person to develop leadership qualities of self-awareness, solution orientation, empowering others and world citizenship while by living a cross-cultural volunteer experience. In the product, a young person volunteers abroad to contribute, impact and develop on social impact projects that contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs will be discussed in a later post).

The volunteer may decide to take up a cause/project such as “QUALITY EDUCATION”, “GENDER EQUALITY”, “SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENTS”, “GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEIGN”, “CLEAN ENERGY”, “ZERO HUNGER” etc.

*This opportunity is opened to youths/undergraduates and recent graduates.

Duration: 6 - 12 weeks

Stipend: Not paid, hosting, transportation and/or meal provided

Primary purpose: An opportunity for an EP to develop entrepreneurial and responsible leadership by living a cross-cultural professional developmental experience. Their experience contributes to their personal development and positive impact on society through contribution to the SDGs.

GLOBAL ENTREPRENEUR
Global Entrepreneur is an opportunity for young youths/entrepreneur to learn, develop their entrepreneurial skills, expand your network and develop on a personal and professional level by working with corporate bodies as interns. Global Entrepreneur gives youths the opportunity to explore themselves as they become a part of a developing a new company abroad.

You experience working in a company where everybody is learning and moving forward establishing a successful startup. Targets skill development for the intern participating as well as supporting fulfillment of a talent need for the company

*This opportunity is opened to youths/undergraduates and recent graduates.

Duration: 3 – 18 months

Stipend: Depends on provider

GLOBAL TALENT
Global Talent is an opportunity for a young person to develop leadership qualities of self-awareness, solution orientation, empowering others and world citizenship while living a cross-cultural professional experience. In Global Talent, a young person works abroad to advance their goals. A global internship opportunity that offers paid management and technical internships.

The internship opportunities vary from;
MANAGEMENT: administration, finance, accounting, marketing, project management and HR.
TECHNICAL: web development, software, IT networks, databases and engineering.
EDUCATION: promotion, curriculum development, teaching and counselling in the education sector.

*This opportunity is opened to recent graduates only.

Duration: 6 - 78 weeks

Stipend: Paid (salary)

Primary purpose: An opportunity for an EP to develop entrepreneurial and responsible leadership by living a cross-cultural professional developmental experience

BENEFITS:
Explore a new culture
Travel across borders
Work with NGOs and corporate bodies
Grow your career
Gain new work and professional experiences
Boost your CV
Meet and work with professionals
Grow a network of international contacts
Become a global citizen
Have fun
Certification guaranteed

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/aiesecakure
INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/aiesecakure
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/aiesecakure
What are your thoughts, please do share with us? Also, we would also welcome your questions.

Re: Have You Heard About AIESEC And The Many Opportunities They Offer??? by Emanex18: 11:51am On Mar 25, 2017
Please how do I join and register I am a 300l student at Unizik and this body is not popular here!
Re: Have You Heard About AIESEC And The Many Opportunities They Offer??? by aiesecakure: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Emanex18:
Please how do I join and register I am a 300l student at Unizik and this body is not popular here!

AIESEC in Nigeria, is currently present in 15 universities and growing fast but you don't necessarily have to join us to enjoy our programs/opportunities.
Re: Have You Heard About AIESEC And The Many Opportunities They Offer??? by Suigenerisshegs(m): 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
I’m more than interested in Global Talent.
Please how will I apply?

(1) (Reply)

Furious Motorists Stuck In 10hour Delay Check [photos] / EFCC Arrests On Campus,a Worrisome Trend. / Toefl Centres In Osogbo, Ibadan Or Ilorin For Admission Processing Into Universities For 2011/2012 S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.