Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,609 members, 7,958,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

Instructions For Sons And Daughters Of Oodua On How To Love - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Instructions For Sons And Daughters Of Oodua On How To Love (522 Views)

Emir Sanusi's Wives, Daughters, Daughter-In-Law, Others (Photos) / Olori Badirat Olaitan And Her Sons Stun In New Photos / 4 Northern Nigeria Elites Whose Daughters Don’t Wear Hijab (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Instructions For Sons And Daughters Of Oodua On How To Love by ImperialYoruba: 5:06am On Mar 23, 2017
The art of loving is the greatest gift of all. In the myth of creation the story of Oduduwa teaches us with insight on how to love and proclaim supremacy over that which at first was nothing but acted upon and turned into something. We must all love Oduduwa. Without him the sacred power of supremacy endowed to our race will have no significant value.

The significance is evident in the the three orders of covenant ushered in when he took the dew, the sack and the sand to manifest the Sovereign realm, the Secret arts and the Worship of Divinities.

I have often wondered on the many mysteries in Yorubaland but could never formulate the idea into a coherent structure until I read a thread in the Culture section recently and learnt from contributions made by some great minds in the course of hot debates amongst peers. I am very honored to be Yoruba and I am profoundly proud of my race.

The art of loving is a great gift. Those who love deeply have capacity to be very discriminative. Here and now I am calling on all Yoruba sons and daughters to love Oduduwa and discriminate against those who are not of Oduduwa camp.

Each ethnic camp in Nigeria has a background unique to it. Some have progenitors and some others don't, some have sovereign monarchies and some don't, some were Imperialists and some others were not, some established domains and Dukedoms and held on to them and others could not hold on and ended loosing their history and Sovereingty.

Therefore when talking to A we must first be cognizant and conscious that we are talking to the face of an ethnicity and everything in our address to A must bear to a discrimination. First and foremost we cannot love A like we love Oduduwa. Only sons and daughters of Oduduwa deserve love from us, all others must be discriminated.

When talking to B we must have in our conscious mind the peculiarities that B bring with him or her as member of his/her ethnic background. The aspects of that ethnic group is the formula we must use in addressing B.

Therefore when talking to Fulani. We want to see him or her as the child of a landless, sovereign-less, roaming nomad whose ancestors lacked urban civilization and were greatly disadvantaged in the cultivation of social values. This contributes to their inability to develop the land they stole from Hausa beyond where it was when they over-ran the owners from their civilized culture. This is the case of an uncivilized animal occupying a civilization whose culture and evolution surpasses his knowledge and capacity therefore it lies in waste, two hundred years after they took it over. No manpower, no resource. ..their only achievement is more waste in bloodshed!

Everything created, living and non-living has an oriki (cognomen). Who is the Yoruba deity of bloodshed? Ogun! Ogun was one of the characters in the Yoruba myth of creation. Ogun has an oriki. Machette has an oriki. Axe has an oriki. Gun has an oriki. Bullets have oriki. If any ethnic group should be ranked as most violent and brutal in the use of weapons of war Yoruba will top the ranking.

Yoruba is supreme to Fulani in the shedding of blood and doing so in the most gut wrenching manner. We restrain because, unlike Fulani, we are a people of urban civilization and social evolution. We took nothing and turned into something of value. Fulani took everything from Hausa and turned it into waste.

So address Fulani person as a subperior, discriminate against him. Fulani has a natural fear of Yoruba. They are cowered by our mysteries. Even in their attack on our land they sneak under cover of darkness or security protection to carry out atrocities, and quickly flee before we can gather to counter attack. They know us and fear us. When they attack other ethnicities they do so brazenly and in daylight.

Of all the ethnicities in Nigeria, Hausa people are the most closely related to Yoruba in all aspects. Nonetheless,they are not of Oduduwa and must therefore face our discrimination. Hausa is the only Sovereign Monarchy State in Nigeria to ever loose its State and civilization and Crown to a foreign invader. Hausa person comes from a weak background. Before the Fulani invasion and take over, their states was at one time annexed by Songhay Empire. Then Arabs invaded and wiped out their culture and customs and replaced it with Quran, wiped out their gods and told them their new shrine is in Mecca. The resilient amongst them and their Sarkis were later visited by Fulani and sacked. They lost their history, arts and humanity forever. A people without arts and divinities are deprived of their soul and dignities. This is the way you must view Hausa, a weakling with no worthy dignity. When addressing him exercise authority and supremacy over him.

The Kanuri people had a similar experience to that of Yoruba in Ilorin. They had an internal coup and division of loyalty in their old capital in Chad. This led to the founding of a new capital in Bornu.
Bornu was never the historical seat of Kanuri political power. The Kanuri people therefore share a similarity with us in political experience. They are the most civilized and urbanized of the Northern people. They are the most educated and most successful in civil service, political power and its application comes aptitudinally natural to them, just like us. Nonetheless, they will face our discrimination because we love Oduduwa first, and we dont share the love.
Because of the hardships on their soil I will exempt them from this coverage but will revisit when they regain strength and recover their land from the grips of bokoharam. Our prayers are with them in these trying times. Kanuri people, great people....slow to vex but furious when pushed to the wall.

There are three political capitals in the North. Fulani regards Wurno as its political capital. Hausa regards Kano as its political capital.
Kanuri regards Bornu as political capital.

The way our people come from Republic of Benin, Togo, Ghana, Sierra Leone and pay homage to Oyo, the political capital of Yoruba, similarly these other ethnics have their people troop in from Niger, Chad, Cameroon and pay homage to Sultan, Emir of Kano and Shehu of Borno.

It is important we understand the structure and history of these people and maintain consciousness that the Fulani or Hausa we are talking to is somebody beneath our feet.

My next analysis will come to South. I will do Edo, Ijaw and then Ibo.

Bini and Itsekiri are Oduduwa Crowns so they are under the love tent. Others will be discriminated.

Oduduwa a gbe wa o!

Re: Instructions For Sons And Daughters Of Oodua On How To Love by Olu317(m): 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2017
ILORIN WAS PART OF YORUBA KINGDOM . NO MATTER WHAT IT CANNOT BE CARVED WITH NORTH. IT WILL ALWAYS BE A CHILD'S PLAY. NIGERIA GEOGRAPHICAL STRUCTURE IS A FAUX.

(1) (Reply)

How I Cook My Nigerian Ewa Agoyin / Want To Know What Ooni Of Ife And Molue Drug Sellers Have In Common? / Power!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.