Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? (1053 Views)

PHOTOS: The Most Expensive And Sophisticated House Ever Built In Nigeria / Arewa Youth Forum Of Northern Nigeria Visits And Awards Prophet T.B. Joshua / Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by JeSoul(f): 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2009
Why?

I have wondered this for a while as everytime I try to find a thread from ways back, I type in a few keywords and get 18 pages spanning every section from politics to religion to food to travel to games.

Can't this be streamlined? we ought to be able to search by section, child-board, date posted, user ID, keyword etc.
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by Sissy3(f): 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2009
and dat yahoo search engine isnt making it any much easier, it just triple suck embarassed
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by SCI(f): 11:22pm On Dec 21, 2009
maybe you should help us out with that afterall are you not a member?
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by JeSoul(f): 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2009
~Sissy~:

and dat yahoo search engine isnt making it any much easier, it just triple suck embarassed
Right. The google one was even slightly better but the yahoo search I think quadruple sucks.

SCI:

maybe you should help us out with that afterall are you not a member?
Maybe you should, you're a member too right?
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by MrCrackles(m): 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2009
JeSoul:

Why?

I have wondered this for a while as everytime I try to find a thread from ways back, I type in a few keywords and get 18 pages spanning every section from politics to religion to food to travel to games.

Can't this be streamlined? we ought to be able to search by section, child-board, date posted, user ID, keyword etc.
If you are not happy, go and create your own forum! grin
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by H2O2: 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2009
It's more of a problem with the flawed built-in SMF search functions; they are not strong.
SMF has always had this problem with their search code, and I don't think Seun has installed any search mods.
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by JeSoul(f): 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2009
MrCrackles:

If you are not happy, go and create your own forum! grin
Snap, crackle, pop,

I have this foldable whip I keep in my purse at all times . . . don't tempt me to unleash it on you cool

H2O2:

It's more of a problem with the flawed built-in SMF search functions; they are not strong.
SMF has always had this problem with their search code, and I don't think Seun has installed any search mods.
SMF? code-speak . . . oga please clarify?
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by dominique(f): 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

word!!!
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by MrCrackles(m): 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2009
JeSoul:

Snap, crackle, pop,

I have this foldable whip I keep in my purse at all times . . . don't tempt me to unleash it on you cool
Jesoul i could take a whipping all day long as long as it is from u. . . . tongue
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by muhsin(m): 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2009
Seun?
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by H2O2: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2009
simple machines forums
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2009
JeSoul:

Snap, crackle, pop,

I have this foldable whip I keep in my purse at all times . . . don't tempt me to unleash it on you  cool

dominatrix peeping out of the closet . . . cheesy

it was difficult enough with the google search - yahoo is just impossible. unless i bookmark/download a webpage and catalogue it, 9 times out of ten, i simply cannot find an old thread.
makes it hard to catch peeps talking out of both sides of their mouths. . . tongue and going through my posts won't cut it either
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by Tudor6(f): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2009
^^
Who died and made you the lie police?
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by JeSoul(f): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2009
MrCrackles:

Jesoul i could take a whipping all day long as long as it is from u. . . . tongue
Lol . . . you sure about that?  cool I don't think you could handle it. I pack a bad-azz koboko that would leave any kid's behind redder than rudolf's nose.

oyb:

dominatrix peeping out of the closet . . . cheesy

it was difficult enough with the google search - yahoo is just impossible. unless i bookmark/download a webpage and catalogue it, 9 times out of ten, i simply cannot find an old thread.
makes it hard to catch peeps talking out of both sides of their mouths. . . tongue and going through my posts won't cut it either
Lol exactly jare.

Where's an admin when you need one?
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by spikedcylinder: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2009
Tudór:

^^
Who died and made you the lie police?

Confucius.
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by MrCrackles(m): 12:37am On Dec 29, 2009
JeSoul:

Lol . . . you sure about that?  cool I don't think you could handle it. I pack a bad-azz koboko that would leave any kid's behind redder than rudolf's nose.
Bring it on. . . .I aint scared tongue
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by Seun(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
The gogle search box is back at the bottom of each page.
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by mamagee3(f): 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
And who said the search engine is not sophisticated? undecided
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by MyHonour(m): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2009
^^^Good question. oya, clap for yourself.
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by Sissy3(f): 4:08am On Dec 30, 2009
Seun:

thank you for this. saved me alots of stress with that yeye yahoo engine. been searching for one topic in the family section with yahoo, and all i keep getting is many yeye things after another not even so close to the real thing. but once i used google, bam the topic just appeared! cool
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by JeSoul(f): 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2009
Seun:

Mighty thanks Seun smiley

. . . not trying to push my luck but can we expect to see a better search engine in the future that allows us to search by different criteria? thanks.

MrCrackles:

Bring it on. . . .I aint scared tongue
Lol . . . I'm backing down, white flag thrown up. I'm the one who's now scared lol.
Re: Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? by dominique(f): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2009
thank goodness the Google search engine is back. the yahoo yahoo was so gaddem annoying. still miss the original search button tho.

(1) (Reply)

Qualified Building Contractors And Material Suppliers Wanted (pictures Inside).‏ / This World / Delsu Pume Result 2010/2011.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.