Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? (1880 Views)

PHOTOS: The Most Expensive And Sophisticated House Ever Built In Nigeria / 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? / Why Does A Forum Of NL's Status Not Have A Sophisticated Search Function? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by EyesWideOpen(m): 6:28am On Sep 19, 2012
This is the second time in one year that I've come across this same message.
The 1st time it was sent to my dad, and now to my mum. All claiming they've won Hundreds of thousands of pound sterlings in a Nokia UK promo. Here's the message:
Your Mobile No. Has Won £210,000 in The Ongoing NOKIA UK PROMO. For claims Email Name, Mobile number, Country and REF: WF201NK to claim-nokia-uk@live.com
Pls what can you say about this? Is it real or just Scam?
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by obowunmi(m): 6:48am On Sep 19, 2012
Scam.
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by EyesWideOpen(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2012
^^ I thought as much!
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by alosiby92(f): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
Msshhhhheeeeew! Dont mind them...Its a scam..
I got about three of those messages..mine said:
YOUR MOBILE NO HAS WON YOU 2700000 AND LAPTOP IN TOBACCO COMPANY PROMO HELD IN S.A 2012. CALL YVONNE ON 0737323506 FOR YOUR CLAIM AND ACTIVAT WITH YOUR Ref NO (eS7
how did i know it was a scam? the english...the "ACTIVAT" gave it away and the fact that they squezzed the entire message into one message made me sceptical...
I had previusly called the number on another one of these things and heard some funny machine high pitched noise at the other end and watched my airtime disappear....

1 Like

Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by EyesWideOpen(m): 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
^ I always thought it must be a scam. But the thing is my mum must have second opinion before she agree. So thanks so much for your contribution.
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
EyesWideOpen: This is the second time in one year that I've come across this same message.
The 1st time it was sent to my dad, and now to my mum. All claiming they've won Hundreds of thousands of pound sterlings in a Nokia UK promo. Here's the message:

Pls what can you say about this? Is it real or just Scam?
Are your Eyes really wide open? Na 1st Class Scam be that oh.
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by EyesWideOpen(m): 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
^^ lol, they really are wide open. I guess that's why I smelled rat the instant I saw it.
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by alosiby92(f): 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
^^someone needs to check their mail and explain why they edited/modified a particular post....
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by kelvin4love(m): 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hello my brothers and sisters i would like to show you a secret that the so called gurus have been hiding from you,they never want you to get to where they are,they want you to always run after them for one program or the other,they promise you heaven and earth and you believe them,then you keep on paying them thereby making them more richer...If you must agree with me,all these got to stop,this is where i come into the picture,i am going to reveal to YOU the secret to make a guaranteed $10-$25 on a daily basis 24/5,i can not promise you what can never be done,you may think $10-$25 is small but if you sum it up in 30 days you should have made $300-$750,i guess you know how that would be??so to know more about this visit our blog @ http://suredailymoneymaking..com THANKS.
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 12, 2013
Scam Scam Scam.......................
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by ngubojioke: 11:30am On May 13, 2013
Guy how can you win from a promo you never participated in? How can you reap in a place you have not planted? If you know this answer then you decide if it is scam or not..... Moreover if a company can give away up to $1000 for instance, how come they find it difficult to call you and foot phone bills of under $100 to ensure you redeem your price? Think! cool
Re: Is This Real, Or Just A Sophisticated Scam? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
ngubojioke: Guy how can you win from a promo you never participated in? How can you reap in a place you have not planted? If you know this answer then you decide if it is scam or not..... Moreover if a company can give away up to $1000 for instance, how come they find it difficult to call you and foot phone bills of under $100 to ensure you redeem your price? Think! cool

Ask me.

(1) (Reply)

NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. / See What I Found Inside A Bottle Of 7up(pictures) / See What These People Do Almost Daily At Senator Samaho's House(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.