Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Total Obedience (text: I Sam. 15:9-23) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Total Obedience (text: I Sam. 15:9-23) (226 Views)

Take Up Your Cross Daily ( Luke 9:23) - Paul Ellis / Total Obedience. / Bishop Sam Zuga "Removes Black Object From A Lady's Private Part" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Total Obedience (text: I Sam. 15:9-23) by Eckovibes: 3:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
It is very wise to establish the purpose of this column before going further; to draw people closer to God and to establish His kingdom here. The best any Christian can do is to try all within their means to help other brethren in faith in working their salvation to perfection. So, I welcome you to this column where we all try to feed on the ‘Word of the Word.’

Back to the topic of the day, total obedience. Obedience in simple terms has to do with doing the right thing at the right time without ulterior motive. May it be said at this juncture that ‘half-obedience’ in Christendom is a ‘no obedience’ at all, the Saul experience with the instructions of God summarises this concept. One then may be forced to ask, why then the use of ‘total’ as an adjective in the topic above. The use of the adjective ‘total’ is only to achieve emphasis that there is no partial obedience when it comes to Kingdom issues.

Absolute obedience to God is the key to success and happiness, (I Samuel 15:9-11). In the above passage, the verse 11 states that “I
am grieved that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions” (NIV). The question is if the source of one’s happiness and hope is embittered and sad, what will be the lot of the person? Read more at https://eckovibes./2017/03/12/total-obedience-text-i-sam-159-23/

(1) (Reply)

The Love Of God... / Relationship Claim / Die To Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.