Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls (33756 Views)

Pregnant Woman And Her Child Crushed To Death In Ebonyi (Disturbing Photos) / Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha / Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by ogapatapata24: 5:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
ok
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by twise4242(f): 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
Rip.....
Hmm.olorun maje rin jade leku lowo o
Amin
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by noziz(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2017

Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by berrystunn(m): 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
Come why do people do shakara, when crossing the road.

Am sure this is the result.

Am not sure RIP works.
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
When I'm driving I instruct my drivers to give 110% respect to trucks.

I wish that many people will understand two things:

1) The average truck in Nigeria is a rolling death trap. I've watched as brake fluid was bled out of one before. Trucks have air brakes from factory by design, so some Nigerian nitwit has reengineered the poor thing to hydraulic brake.

2) Regular cars, talkless of humans are insignificant to these behemoths. Avert, avoid and flee from them as much as possible.

Don't play guy with trucks. Respect them. Give them distance and space.

RIP to the departed.
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by pokipoki: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
Life is so cheap!!!! To many freaky accidents
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by Hades2016(m): 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
0b10010011:

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

what's this one typing

Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by AntiWailer: 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2017
Laofash123:
I pass through the road yesterday coming from osogbo to ibadan their was a road diversion at the area in fact the commercial bus I boarded was nearly enter Bush when we suddenly met a lorry carried catappillar that pass one way facing us, well may protect us and may God grant the him aljanal firidaus amen. RIP

This one na die oo.
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by YaksonFCA(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by Lancasterguy: 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
R,I.P
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by godG: 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
Whoever the MOD is, please limit these stories about horrible death on the FP. It is sad and annoying.
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by skywalker001(m): 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked

why are tanker drivers so wicked. . .they don't even value human lives
most of dem are ab0ki nd dy don't value human lives
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by airprinz(m): 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hmm!! Trailer again crushing someone.
God in heaven, what's going on in this country?? Trailers have now turn to higher assassins, bokoharam in our nation.
Trailer have killed two different people, all on fp today
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:
When I'm driving I instruct my drivers to give 110% respect to trucks.

I wish that many people will understand two things:

1) The average truck in Nigeria is a rolling death trap. I've watched as brake fluid was bled out of one before. Trucks have air brakes from factory by design, so some Nigerian nitwit has reengineered the poor thing to hydraulic brake.

2) Regular cars, talkless of humans are insignificant to these behemoths. Avert, avoid and flee from them as much as possible.

Don't play guy with trucks. Respect them. Give them distance and space.

RIP to the departed.

haulage is one of the most poorly regulated industries in nigeria

too many people who have no business being in haulage get a truck an aboki and they are in business.
the combination of a road worthless vehicle and an out of control driver . .

some years back a trailer bashed my rear in traffic. we went to their unloading bay and waited for their oga. i got to watch how they managed every part of the vehicle. the tubeless tires were all worn out and they were stuffing some sort of rubber into them . there was some propblem with the brakes that they were struggling with.

the conventional wisdom appears to be that when someone hits your car you sieze his car until he has fully paid for repairs
there is no way to sieze a truck, so i opted for plan b. when the owner came i told him i wanted his original vehicle particulars.
the cost to fix my car was 50k. the man was begging telling me he only had 15k, but i was not having it this time.

i insisted on the papers. the man said the papers were in his house. so we went to a slum in ebute metta. we got there his wife was home, his kids just came in from school. i was looking at a dilapidated living room, a tired looking wife and two kids looking at me like a shylock about to cut their dad.

the man brought the papers but i had had enough. i took the 15k and left.

but hat has stayed with me since then is a man in that financial state has no business running a haulage operation.
and that is the story of 80% of people in haulage. just buy a truck and you're good to go.

bodies like FRSC and VIO are only concerned with shakedowns. add to the fact that we have trucks from the 60s still plying our roads . it is a real problem

1 Like

Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by tallfish145(m): 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
this must have happened at the express road leading to osogbo
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by mvem(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
yankeeguy:
embarassed
...so you are the monkey?
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by StupidYorubaFool: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
Laofash123:
I pass through the road yesterday coming from osogbo to ibadan their was a road diversion at the area in fact the commercial bus I boarded was nearly enter Bush when we suddenly met a lorry carried catappillar that pass one way facing us, well may protect us and may God grant the him aljanal firidaus amen. RIP
hahaha hahaha amor see English grin
@mysterydude the guy just tear my ribs with that kind English chai.

I don't blame him.. he's from the North
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
oyb:

haulage is one of the most poorly regulated industries in nigeria

too many people who have no business being in haulage get a truck an aboki and they are in business.
the combination of a road worthless vehicle and an out of control driver . .

some years back a trailer bashed my rear in traffic. we went to their unloading bay and waited for their oga. i got to watch how they managed every part of the vehicle. the tubeless tires were all worn out and they were stuffing some sort of rubber into them . there was some propblem with the brakes that they were struggling with.

the conventional wisdom appears to be that when someone hits your car you sieze his car until he has fully paid for repairs
there is no way to sieze a truck, so i opted for plan b. when the owner came i told him i wanted his original vehicle particulars.
the cost to fix my car was 50k. the man was begging telling me he only had 15k, but i was not having it this time.

i insisted on the papers. the man said the papers were in his house. so we went to a slum in ebute metta. we got there his wife was home, his kids just came in from school. i was looking at a dilapidated living room, a tired looking wife and two kids looking at me like a shylock about to cut their dad.

the man brought the papers but i had had enough. i took the 15k and left.

but hat has stayed with me since then is a man in that financial state has no business running a haulage operation.
and that is the story of 80% of people in haulage. just buy a truck and you're good to go.

bodies like FRSC and VIO are only concerned with shakedowns. add to the fact that we have trucks from the 60s still plying our roads . it is a real problem

I see.

So this explains why the CouriersPlus driver ran away like a scalded baboon after he ran into me grin
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by StupidYorubaFool: 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
lytech1:
One reason why have been praying buhari should not come back to this country.

In his absence things were going smoothly and fine.

No kiddnapping
No BH attack
No pipeline attack.

Since this man came back,bad things have been happening.

Ritual killing are now rampant
sucide bumbing on daily basis
accident here and there.
Increase in death rate

Lord save us from this man

buhari is a curse to Nigeria.

cc kingbuhari
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
RIP
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by chiraqDemon(m): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
Between yesterday and today about 7 or 8 death with graphic pix have made fp and about 4 of those is heavy duty vehicle crushimg somebody
What is going on
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by akigbemaru: 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
Petrol Tanker crushed!
Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by generaluthman: 6:45am On Mar 24, 2017
R I P

Re: Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 27, 2017
mvem:
...so you are the monkey?
so u are a gorilla?

(1) (2) (Reply)

No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 / 6 Die In Accident At Oko Polytechnic In Anambra.Graphic Pics / Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja Flooded After Heavy Downpour.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.