Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

5 Reasons Why People Commit Suicide - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Reasons Why People Commit Suicide (664 Views)

Four Doctors Commit Suicide In Abuja / Let Me Commit Suicide With Fanta- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dumps Sniper For Fanta / Life Of A Yahoo Boy: Man Reveals Why People Do Yahoo Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why People Commit Suicide by viki84(m): 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
The wounds suicide leaves in the lives of those left behind by it are often deep and long lasting. The apparent senselessness of suicide often fuels the most significant pain.
With the upcoming trend of people jumping into lagoon and all sort of that, it is due time to address this issue, the reasons behind the life taking act,

1.Depression : This is the major reason for suicidal acts which has seen off the precious lives of people. Here the pain of existing increases at an alarming rate forcing the individual to have irrational thoughts of "everyone would have been better off without me", depression can be treated by giving the individual adequate attention and try to make him/her avoid those irrational thoughts.

2.Psychosis: This can be as a result of schizophrenia which is believed to be 1% in the world, here Inner psychotic voices are the reason, psychotic actions are manageable with medications, untreated psychosis requires the individual locked up until those voices are out

3.Impulsiveness : This could be traced to excess alcohol intake, some individuals become impulsive maudlin and attempt to take their own life, sometimes when they get off this, their remorse is genuine.

4.Philosophical desire to Die: Some individuals have this philosophy in them which cannot be easily changed, these set of people are not depressed in any way or alcohol addict, they attempt to end their suffering in an abrupt manner. They choose suicidal over gradual death.

5. They've made a mistake: This is a recent, tragic phenomenon in which typically young people are conversant with, a case study can be seen when a lady committed Suicide when she realized her nude photos and videos have been leaked online.

SAY NO TO SUICIDE
cc: lalasticlala cc: mynd44

Re: 5 Reasons Why People Commit Suicide by AgbenuAnna(f): 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
I need my enemies to come and eat my food when am celebrating

Re: 5 Reasons Why People Commit Suicide by viki84(m): 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
I need my enemies to come and eat my food when am celebrating
hope i'm not among the enemies grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why People Commit Suicide by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2017
viki84:
hope i'm not among the enemies grin
lol if you want to join it's free I will increase the pot of rice and swallow

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Desperate Migrant Caught Inside Car Bumper Just To Get To Europe / Graphic Photos Of The Islamic Cleric Who Was Killed Alongside His Family Members / Graphic | Man Commits Suicide In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.