Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar (23549 Views)

Currency Matters breaking: CBN Adjust Naira From N360 To N380 At Smis / IT’S OFFICIAL: Naira To Now Trade At N380/$ / Dollar Now N380/$. Its Time The CBN Reduced The Official Exchange Rate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by OnowuOra(m): 8:40am On Mar 24, 2017
anotherydz:
As I dey comment now I dey jog. And I go stop jogging until $1- #100. Pls will I jog to death? grin

You death is near then......lalalisticaly i mourn
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by justjify(m): 8:46am On Mar 24, 2017
Errr... This must be a joke
Amberon come see something ohhh!!!!

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by profedet: 8:49am On Mar 24, 2017
Slimmos:
Why is d prices of goods and services still going up... Producers and marketers should pls reduce their price naw..

They need to exhaust their stock bought when the dollar was sky high, until then we just have to keep watching
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Earth2Metahuman: 8:54am On Mar 24, 2017
Youpele52:
Pumping dollar into the economy, isn't that what GEJ was doing to stabilise naira back then and was accused of APC that he was dollarizing the economy?
Now CBN under PMB is doing same. Learning from a 'clueless man and effectual baboon'.
no

Gej was dollarising the economy by spending dollars where he supposed to spend naira.
E.g, bribes are paid in dollars instead of naira (bribing kings, religious leaders and traditional rulers in dollars instead of naira during election and before)

-Expatriates and government worker are being paid in dollars instead of naira where they can find a way of exchanging it themselves (e.g okonjo, etc)

-Embezzlement was done in dollars.
During obj's time, they steal billions in naira, in gej's era, they steal in milllion and billion in dollars Cos its easier to get and keep than have bunch of useless naira.
That's why obj was able to save and gej couldn't.
Every wondered why 90% of people caught so far stole in dollars? (Mama piss, deziani, dasuki, that guy that kept money at home)

Dollar should be meant for importers, travellers and manufacturing industries and all transaction within the country should be done in naira But any tom dick and harry can request dollars from cbn before.

Hope you have learnt something.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Nusaf: 9:02am On Mar 24, 2017
sammhi:

Stop being a fool ! At 380 it is still high compared to 180 he met it . He caused the naira to go up as high as 500 in the initial place . Thank God for Osinbajo who did this while he was on sick leave.
That is how u know people with no brains... the very man that caused all these is being praised for the drop. How did it get here in the first place ?

You mean Bubu reduced the price of crude oil and its output?

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by sekem: 9:04am On Mar 24, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

You are living in denial, Why are you making fool of yourself? When dollars rise you blame Buhari but when it start falling you said it's not Buhari please when will you start making sense?

Don't mind that guy.

Probably he's a wasted youth.

That's how they usually think.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Jones4190(m): 9:07am On Mar 24, 2017
Fayose is busy sharing rice to Ekiti people

The Federal government, World Health Organisation and UNICEF should just declare Ekiti state as a refugee camp so it becomes a norm.
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Nusaf: 9:07am On Mar 24, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
no

Gej was dollarising the economy by spending dollars where he supposed to spend naira.
E.g, bribes are paid in dollars instead of naira (bribing kings, religious leaders and traditional rulers in dollars instead of naira during election and before)

-Expatriates and government worker are being paid in dollars instead of naira where they can find a way of exchanging it themselves (e.g okonjo, etc)

-Embezzlement was done in dollars. During obj time, they still billions in naira, in gej era, they steal in milllion and billion of dollars. Cos its easier to get and keep than have bunch of useless naira.
Every wondered why 90% of people caught so far stole in dollars? (Mama piss, deziani, dasuki, that guy that kept money at home)

Dollar should be meant for importers, travellers and manufacturing industries and all transaction within the country should be done in naira. But any tom dick and harry can request dollars from cbn before.

I'm telling you, he will either not come back or if he does he will just be spitting saliva all over the places without anything reasonable apart from making some funny noise. Just watch and see.

Meanwhile, one Andrew Yakubu kept over $9m in his house while Alex Badeh kept $1m in the toilet. As in dollars are so many that they are even kept in the toilet.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Youpele52: 9:09am On Mar 24, 2017
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Young fellow, you better watch your mouth, you should understand the care free attitude of supervisory work of GEJ and PMB, he TSA system has saved alot!

Under whose administration was TSA designed. Who masterminded it?
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Amberon: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2017
Im elated by this news.. grin grin
justjify:
Errr... This must be a joke
Amberon come see something ohhh!!!!
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Youpele52: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
no

-Embezzlement was done in dollars. During obj time, they still billions in naira, in gej era, they steal in milllion and billion of dollars. Cos its easier to get and keep than have bunch of useless naira.

Dollar should be meant for importers, travellers and manufacturing industries and all transaction within the country should be done in naira. But any tom dick and harry can request dollars from cbn before.

You know the PMB spend more time flying than in office I guess he's saving.
What was achieved under the 2016 budget and the money gotten from subsidy removal and all the loot recovered?
And PMB wants to borrow $30b to fund 2017 budget, more social media advisers less economic advisers. I hope love this change?
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Earth2Metahuman: 9:23am On Mar 24, 2017
Youpele52:

You know the PMB spend more time flying than in office I guess he's saving.
What was achieved under the 2016 budget and the money gotten from subsidy removal and all the loot recovered?
And PMB wants to borrow $30b to fund 2017 budget, more social media advisers less economic advisers. I hope love this change?
how does buhari travelling or borrowing money dollarise the economy? You just want to troll me cos you don't have anything meaningful to say... WeLldone

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Anasko(m): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
no

three crowns for you!!! you have lectured him enough.
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Youpele52: 9:34am On Mar 24, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
how does buhari travelling or borrowing money dollarise the economy? You just want to troll me cos you don't have anything meaningful to say... WeLldone

Your last argument was on embezzlement and GEJ dollar spending
The fuelling of the presidential fleets is done in naira?
The oil money used to fund the 2016 budget and 30b PMB wants to borrow is in naira?
The recovered loots is it naira?

You said dollars should be meant for manufacturers and importers. Where were you when Innosson was crying for lack of dollars thereby laying off staffs. Under which regime did the manufacturing sector suffered the most?

Better be prepared for intellectual debate (not childish grumbling and personality defamation) when next you mention me on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Wiseoldman: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2017
deflover:

Please we still ve britexit by next week Wednesday After than we will see the price of crude Remember our foreign reserves dropped on this intervention funds After britexit and the drop of oil Let's see how long we can fight the dollar war
I have dollars to sell, in case u need more to hoard...lol

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by scholes23(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2017
gimakon:
See wetin self deceit day do you, who told you its buhari? grin buhari know Economics? Way em certificate way them day fine way em go produce PhD almajiri studies.

Your senses should direct you towards praising this vice Osibanjo, the man don day get sense small small,i thank God for em life.

wail on sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:42am On Mar 24, 2017
gimakon:

Your English alone, tells me how idiotic you are.
Who is the first citizen of Nigeria, your brother? I go leave buhari call you, abeg smell comot for me screen biko.

With all the blood him and him Fulani herdsmen don suck, plus the indiscriminate increase in dollar for no reason, ok what was the main cause for the rise in dollar? Can you say? One Hausa man and him brothers siphon the money used in doing business, killing his economy, in the name of fighting corruption, and your idiotic thinking tells you to come fight back,no let me talk before thunder go fire you now.

How much did he leave the dollar before he went to the UK, this Osibanjo came and is correcting things, you come day talk say na Buhari? Buhari way day work from home abi who? Wetin em know say em day do? Just like how he ruled when Maj.Gen Tunde idiagbon was alive, you think we stupid. Nonsense.

Sorry i don't know i need Oxford dictionary before i can comment on Nairaland ew, Thank God you accept number citizen and will be blame when things go wrong and also take the praise when things go right but in your own we can only blame him when thins go wrong but when things start working we shouldn't praise instead we should praise his Deputy abi you sense of reasoning is shallow..

Now you ask the main cause of dollar rise hahah even JSS student know more than you but i will educate you more on this..

1... Dollar is not our official currency and we are not printing dollars so we get dollars from what we export which is crude and we import almost everything including toothpick..

2... When crude oil price was between $100 and $140 we make alot of Forex from the sales of crude oil and could be able to meet Forex demand then.. For example when crude oil price was $100 and we are exporting 2.2million barrel daily meaning $100x2.2million Barrel meaning we are making $220.000.000 daily from the sales of crude oil and than dollars was around 199/$

When Crude is $140x2.2million Barrel we are making $308.000.000 daily with you see we can be able to meet up with Forex still and Exchange rates was still 199/$..

3... Before the end of 2014 and early 2015 crude oil price reduce to around $70 and then Exchange rates rise to around 216 and 250/$ that's because we have shortage of dollars that was when GEJ and his crooks started sharing our reserve all in the name of pegging dollars so as to cover their tracks hoping get reelected but lost election..

4.....When PMB take over power crude oil price reduce to $28 and oil output reduce to less than 1.5million barrel perday meaning $28x1.5million barrel meaning we are only making $42.000.000 daily now if you get sense explain to us how are we gonna meet up with Forex demand with that? Can things remain the same when we are not making enough Forex as we are making before?

5... So in other for FG to ease himself from Forex the Govt stop the selling of Forex and ask us to diversify and stop some importation, They also use little they are making from the sale of crude oil to boost our economy until it rise above $30billion..

6...Now when crude oil is above $50 per barrel and we are back to exporting 2.2 million daily we are making atleast $110.000.000 daily and since we don't really need dollars for our capital projects so we need to be selling what we are making so as to make Naira habe more gain...

Do you need more?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Earth2Metahuman: 9:45am On Mar 24, 2017
Youpele52:

Your last argument was on embezzlement and GEJ dollar spending
The fuelling of the presidential fleets is done in naira?
The oil money used to fund the 2016 budget and 30b PMB wants to borrow is in naira?
The recovered loots is it naira?

Better be prepared for intellectual debate (not childish grumbling and personality defamation) when next you mention me on Nairaland.
*facepalm*
I'm here too educate you and not argue with you cos its obvious your IQ is to low. I think I would rather argue with homoerectus instead of wasting my time with you.

if they borrow 30billion dollars, are they going to put it out of the economy or into the economy?
Is travelling based on budgeted money and outright embezzlement now the same?

Eat more brain food.

Not gonna respond to your annoying quote again though.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 24, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

[s]
Sorry i don't know i need Oxford dictionary before i can comment on Nairaland ew, Thank God you accept number citizen and will be blame when things go wrong and also take the praise when things go right but in your own we can only blame him when thins go wrong but when things start working we shouldn't praise instead we should praise his Deputy abi you sense of reasoning is shallow..

Now you ask the main cause of dollar rise hahah even JSS student know more than you but i will educate you more on this..

1... Dollar is not our official currency and we are not printing dollars so we get dollars from what we export which is crude and we import almost everything including toothpick..

2... When crude oil price was between $100 and $140 we make alot of Forex from the sales of crude oil and could be able to meet Forex demand then.. For example when crude oil price was $100 and we are exporting 2.2million barrel daily meaning $100x2.2million Barrel meaning we are making $220.000.000 daily from the sales of crude oil and than dollars was around 199/$

When Crude is $140x2.2million Barrel we are making $308.000.000 daily with you see we can be able to meet up with Forex still and Exchange rates was still 199/$..

3... Before the end of 2014 and early 2015 crude oil price reduce to around $70 and then Exchange rates rise to around 216 and 250/$ that's because we have shortage of dollars that was when GEJ and his crooks started sharing our reserve all in the name of pegging dollars so as to cover their tracks hoping get reelected but lost election..

4.....When PMB take over power crude oil price reduce to $28 and oil output reduce to less than 1.5million barrel perday meaning $28x1.5million barrel meaning we are only making $42.000.000 daily now if you get sense explain to us how are we gonna meet up with Forex demand with that? Can things remain the same when we are not making enough Forex as we are making before?

5... So in other for FG to ease himself from Forex the Govt stop the selling of Forex and ask us to diversify and stop some importation, They also use little they are making from the sale of crude oil to boost our economy until it rise above $30billion..

6...Now when crude oil is above $50 per barrel and we are back to exporting 2.2 million daily we are making atleast $110.000.000 daily and since we don't really need dollars for our capital projects so we need to be selling what we are making so as to make Naira habe more gain...

Do you need more?[/s]

What did dollar sell for before buhari came in? We buy $100=15000, now the same $100= 50,000

Wait, what's his job? Is he doing it correctly? Why wait before you get insults before you know what to do? Why is he a president? And a dummy at the same time?

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by tejpot(m): 9:50am On Mar 24, 2017
lifestyle1:

Dropped by how many billion dollars ??
Please sensible human being, help me ask them oo.
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Youpele52: 9:56am On Mar 24, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
*facepalm*
I'm here too educate you and not argue with you cos its obvious your IQ is to low. I think I would rather argue with homoerectus instead of wasting my time with you.

if they borrow 30billion dollars, are they going to put it out of the economy or into the economy?
Is travelling based on budgeted money and outright embezzlement now the same?

Eat more brain food.

Not gonna respond to your annoying quote again though.

So you think traveling is not budgeted, wow amazing.
Can't account for the recovered loot nor see the fruits from 2016 budget how can $30b be put to good use and be accounted for.

I know you'll start insulting soon, for the fact that you don't know that every meal in aso rock is accounted for & budgeted not to talk about traveling around the world the president does, goes to show how little you know about economics and governance.
Peace to you.
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by obinna58(m): 10:01am On Mar 24, 2017
0b10010011:

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari!

God bless The good people of Nigeria

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

A bitter and sorrowful weekend begins for Waiing Wailers

What sort of bulshit z dz
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by 0b10010011: 10:10am On Mar 24, 2017
obinna58:

What sort of bulshit z dz

Deal with it!
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:12am On Mar 24, 2017
gimakon:

What did dollar sell for before buhari came in? We buy $100=15000, now the same $100= 50,000

Wait, what's his job? Is he doing it correctly? Why wait before you get insults before you know what to do? Why is he a president? And a dummy at the same time?

OMG and you will call yourself a graduate ooo Well my signature says alot about you...

When Buhari take over power dollars was 285/$ meaning $100= 28500 and crude oil price was $28..

Now it's $100= 38000 and it will keep falling if you like it or not...

If you like continue wailing and you can wail till 2023..

3 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Mendelssohn(m): 10:21am On Mar 24, 2017
coolestchris:
Why must we use dollar

Where is your ABU certificate?
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 24, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

OMG and you will call yourself a graduate ooo Well my signature says alot about you...

When Buhari take over power dollars was 285/$ meaning $100= 28500 and crude oil price was $28..

Now it's $100= 38000 and it will keep falling if you like it or not...

If you like continue wailing and you can wail till 2023..

grin Ode. GEJ left it at 220, armed robber like you say na 280, see go die abeg,i wonder why I waste MB day follow gutter like you talk.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by goldman777: 10:31am On Mar 24, 2017
Adebowale89:
but the fall is not affecting the price of goods most esp imported goods

Thats because some nigerians have greedy mentality they want to make 500% profit.corruption from the grass root cry
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:47am On Mar 24, 2017
gimakon:

grin Ode. GEJ left it at 220, armed robber like you say na 280, see go die abeg,i wonder why I waste MB day follow gutter like you talk.

earlier you say 180 later you say 150 and now it's 220 hahahhaa continue remembering boy..

You can continue with your insult abi what do we exoect from a boy that wake his parents up every morning with scissors kick.. hahah

2 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 24, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

earlier you say 180 later you say 150 and now it's 220 hahahhaa continue remembering boy..

You can continue with your insult abi what do we exoect from a boy that wake his parents up every morning with scissors kick.. hahah

When they talk to you, you insult parents. Insult me back. Riff raff, done talking to you.
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by Olufisayomi: 11:00am On Mar 24, 2017
"Most effective Bank in E-reference Operations" at the recently concluded 2017 CBN/NIBSS electronic incentive scheme awards, was Union Bank. At least we know where effectiveness is celebrated.
Re: Naira Appreciate Further To N380 To 1 Dollar by obinna58(m): 11:04am On Mar 24, 2017
0b10010011:

Deal with it!
Is it not the same govt that increased the price of dollars undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Dominates Nigerian Stock Exchange / The Impending Banking Crisis / Importation Made Easier. Ask Questions Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.