Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market (1320 Views)

Dollar Sells For N420, Naira Crashes In Value / Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / Naira Plunges To N390 Per Dollar On Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by realjoker(m): 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2017
The value of the Dollar continued to diminish against the Naira as the Nigerian currency was traded at N390 on Thursday in Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Naira had also appreciated against the Euro, exchanging at N400 while remaining stable against the Pound Sterling at N465.
The last time the naira traded at between N390 and N400 to the dollar at the parallel market was in August 2016.
With the gains made by the local currency in the last five weeks, the naira inched closer to one of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) key foreign exchange policy objectives of an exchange rate convergence.
On Wednesday, when the dollar traded for N400, it marked the beginning of true convergence of official and black market foreign exchange rates.
At the Foreign Exchange (FX) interbank market, the naira traded for N375 to the dollar for invisibles and N307 to the dollar for manufacturers and importers of raw materials eligible to buy Forex from the segment of the market.
The significant gains made by the naira at the parallel market, according to market analysts, is a reflection of the improved confidence in the Forex market following the sustained dollar interventions by the CBN since February.
A Bureau de Change (BDC) operator, who preferred anonymity in Abuja, told NAN that the gains made by naira over the dollar were due to CBN’s continued flooding of the market with dollars while there were very few or no customers to patronise them.
He said several retail customers who used to resort to the BDCs, which indirectly funded the parallel market, to fund invisible transactions now bought dollars at a lower rate from the banks.
In all, the Central Bank has auctioned a total of 1.9 billion dollars through forward sales as well as targeted intervention for invisibles.
This amount does not include its daily intervention of 1.5 million dollars on the interbank market.
The CBN Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, on Tuesday expressed optimism about the convergence of the Forex rates at the official and parallel markets, stating that the gains made by the naira against the greenback in the last five weeks were not a fluke.
Emefiele said he was happy that the central bank’s intervention was yielding positive results.
“I am happy, indeed very gratified, that the interventions have been positive; we have seen the rates now converging and we are strongly optimistic that the rates will converge further.
“In terms of sustainability, I think it is important for us to say that the foreign reserves at this time are still trending upwards to almost 31 billion dollars as I speak with you.
“The fact that we have done this consistently for close to five weeks should tell everybody, or those who doubt, the strength of the central bank to sustain this policy.” (NAN)

http://thenationonlineng.net/dollar-records-loss-sells-n390-parallel-market/
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by odiereke(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
Better days are coming back. We would soon get there.
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
If it is true that means osinbajo has really taught buhari how to fix it.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Yyeske(m): 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
Children of hate, where una dey? My president is working
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by sorry1(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2017
Yyeske:
Children of hate, where una dey? My president is working
Is it not what apc spoilt that they are repairing? how much was dollar when they took over? zombie, rejoicing over everything whether good or bad.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by omenkaLives(m): 8:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
Cc: Reno Wendel Simlin O'fockery!!!

That degenerate one-testicled dishevelled idiot should come tell us who to blame!! angry

His slaves right now..

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
sorry1:
Is it not what apc spoilt that they are repairing? how much was dollar when they took over? zombie, rejoicing over everything whether good or bad.
How To Govern Zombies:

Increase Their Suffering By 300%, Later Reduce It To 280% & They Will Start Hailing You..

You can see how the guy you quoted was celebrating mediocrity

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Shiitposter: 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
How To Govern Zombies:

Increase Their Suffering By 300%, Later Reduce It To 280% & They Will Start Hailing You..

Relax Mr speculator, the dollar nightmare is over.
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by omenkaLives(m): 8:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
sorry1:
Spoted! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by omenkaLives(m): 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
How To Govern Zombies:

Another.. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by omenkaLives(m): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
Some ipob quarter Jews are already hyperventilating cheesy cheesy

Let me invoke Jetleeee to come ace them where they belong. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
Another..
Who be this one angry angry

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Jetleeee: 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
Some ipob quarter Jews are already hyperventilating cheesy cheesy

Let me invoke Jetleeee to come ace them where they belong. cheesy

grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
Shiitposter:

Relax Mr speculator, the dollar nightmare is over.
You are right, bit do you mind telling us how much was USD to NGN before Buhari took over. Thanks cool
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by sorry1(m): 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
How To Govern Zombies:

as in eh...I just weak...how can people be so dumb and still feel alive? it's really pitiable to be a zombie.
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
sorry1:
as in eh...I just weak...how can people be so dumb and still feel alive? it's really pitiable to be a zombie.
Pity those goons bro! What do you expect when a full grown man decides to exchange his/her sense die f reasoning for a plate of Aisha's oily rice??

Remind them in your prayers at times angry
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by sorry1(m): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
Spoted! angry
zombie

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by sorry1(m): 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Pity those goons bro! What do you expect when a full grown man decides to exchange his/her sense die f reasoning for a plate of Aisha's oily rice??

Remind them in your prayers at times angry
Lol... I will definitely do bro, they really do need the prayers.
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
sorry1:
Lol... I will definitely do bro, they really do need the prayers.
Nothing do you. Chop e-Knucle jare cool

1 Like

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by omenkaLives(m): 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2017
sorry1:
zombie
I swear, I wanna use one of Jetleeee's pics on this one, but if i do, na ban straight! cheesy
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Jetleeee: 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
I swear, I wanna use one of Jetleeee's pics on this one, but if i do, na ban straight! cheesy

You shouldn't get banned for using the one on this thread. We gats circulate that gif all over the forum cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/3698189/female-bishop-arrested-lagos-fraud#54850962

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by sorry1(m): 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
y u come dey fear ban na?? your level of zombiesm never upgrade sha, if not u for no reason ban. grin

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by omenkaLives(m): 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
Jetleeee:

You shouldn't get banned for using the one on this thread. We gats circulate that gif all over the forum cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/3698189/female-bishop-arrested-lagos-fraud#54850962
Nooo. This is the one I prefer. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Rilwayne001: 9:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
380 kiss kiss

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Nusaf: 9:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
You are right, bit do you mind telling us how much was USD to NGN before Buhari took over. Thanks cool

Do you mind telling us how much was the forex earning b4 Buhari took over? Thanks. cool
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Rilwayne001: 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
Oh please shut that poo up!!

sorry1:
Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Jetleeee: 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:

Lwtmb! That's a Bonobopob grin cheesy

Na NL jail sure pass If you post that one

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by Nusaf: 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:

Choi, this baboon reminds me of one creature around kuje general area.
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Records Further Loss, Sells For N390 At Parallel Market by sorry1(m): 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Oh please shut that poo up!!
another wanderer, lost soul.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Motivational Quotes To Change Your Thinking / What Should I Promote On My Facebook Page / Rave Tv And Trend Fm Founder, Agatha Amata, Resigns From ‘inside-out With Agatha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.