Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours (5404 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S10 Price, Release Date And Specs / Galaxy S9 Price, Release Date And Specs: Samsung Confirms Mwc Launch For S9, S9+ / Nokia 8: Release Date, Price, Specs And Rumours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by JamieNaij(m): 12:15am On Mar 24, 2017
Gionee A1

Gionee A1 smartphone was launched in February 2017. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.

It comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Gionee A1 packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 16-megapixel front shooter for selfies.

The Gionee A1 runs Android 7.0 and is powered by a 4010mAh non removable battery. It measures 154.50 x 76.50 x 8.50 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 182.00 grams.

The Gionee A1 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM and Micro-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, USB OTG, 3G and 4G. Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.

Specification

Processor: MediaTek MT6755 also known as Helio P10. This is a processor with 8-cores and a top speed of 2GHz.

RAM: 4GB RAM, which is kind of plenty in a phone. In fact, even 3GB is enough, although 6GB does look cool on the specs sheet.Internal storage: The phone comes with 64GB internal storage. If you need more (most people won't) you can use a microSD card of up to 256GB with the A1.

Screen: 5.5-inch with FullHD aka 1080p display. The screen is topped with the layer of 2.5D curved glass.

Rear camera: 13-megapixel shooter with dual-tone flash. Also F2.0 lens.

Front camera: 16-megapixel with F2.0 lens.

Weight: 182 grams. This is a large phone and relatively heavier compared to many other phones with a 5.5-inch screen.

Software: Android 7 aka Nougat. Full marks to Gionee here.

Battery: 4010 mAh with fast charging.

Special features
The Gionee A1 has several special features:

The top feature of the Gionee A1 is its front camera. Unlike most other phones that have a 5-megapxiel or 8-megapixel front camera, the A1 comes with a 16-megpixel image sensor on the front. This camera is then paired with a F2.0 lens, which will likely help users click better selfies in low light.

The Gionee A1 has a fingerprint scanner on the front.

The 5.5-inch screen in the A1 uses AMOLED panel. In other words, you can expect to see rich and deep colours on the A1 screen when you watch a HD video on it.

The Gionee A1 uses Amigo 4 user interface along with Android Nougat. Although many users may not like it the customised user interface, it does have a number of interesting features like the one that allows users to monitor apps or toggle multi-window mode.

The Gionee A1 uses metal body design -- although there are plastic inserts at the bottom and top of the rear cover. The metal design, with chamfered edges gives it premium look and finish.

The phone is rumoured to cost $310 dollars, which is about 95 to 100k in Naira.

SOURCE: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/03/gionee-a1-price-specs-release-date-and.html

puskin, dragnet, honsule

Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by Gadgetssai(m): 6:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hi Geeks Today i come up with a new Smartphone Gionee series Gionee A1 series. as we all know that gionee market was high

http://www.gadgetssai.com/2017/03/gionee-a1-specifications-features-and.html
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by LordtripleM: 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
Pre-order has started today..

Pre-order can be done at any outlet with Gionee stand for N3000 and get an A1 pack with N2000 discount....

What an offer!!!

I just got mine an hour ago.

Thank You GIONEE!

Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by donhils: 4:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
LordtripleM:
Pre-order has started today..

Pre-order can be done at any outlet with Gionee stand for N3000 and get an A1 pack with N2000 discount....

What an offer!!!

I just got mine an hour ago.

Thank You GIONEE!
You bought the New Gionee A1? From where, how much?
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by TechPanda(m): 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
I see you jamienaij
During the week, i went to Robison Plaza in delta state. And was practically seduced into buying the device.

Well, i zipped up, have you forgotten? seductions don't work on pandas.
Any way, my friends are still contemplating if to get the Camon Cx, this A1, or samsung's galaxy 8. What do you think
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by RuthC: 12:10pm On May 02, 2017
TechPanda:
I see you jamienaij
During the week, i went to Robison Plaza in delta state. And was practically seduced into buying the device.

Well, i zipped up, have you forgotten? seductions don't work on pandas.
Any way, my friends are still contemplating if to get the Camon Cx, this A1, or samsung's galaxy 8. What do you think

The specs of this A1 is superb....With a 4010Mah battery! Cmon i would go for A1 ANYTIME ANYDAY....
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by TechPanda(m): 12:52pm On May 02, 2017
RuthC:

The specs of this A1 is superb....With a 4010Mah battery! Cmon i would go for A1 ANYTIME ANYDAY....

Even with the jaw dropping price?
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by RuthC: 1:29pm On May 02, 2017
TechPanda:

Even with the jaw dropping price?

What is important is durability and quality. For me the A1 worths the price!
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by TechPanda(m): 1:37pm On May 02, 2017
RuthC:

What is important is durability and quality. For me the A1 worths the price!

Interesting!

The way you speak of it been durable, even in terms quality sounds like you've been using the A1 for like a year now.

Are you from the future? hehe (just guessing)

Anyway, have you checked gionee's M2017? It's 7,000 mAh battery has been the talk of town. Though I haven't gotten my hands on it personally.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by walemoney007(m): 9:55pm On May 02, 2017
see as different people just they talk yeye talk for this place grin
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by henry007(m): 10:11pm On May 02, 2017
Why does this phone have a cheap glossy look?
Do an unboxing video.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by chingy012: 11:15am On May 08, 2017
henry007:
Do an unboxing video.

See images for the unboxing http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2017/05/gionee-a1-selfies-battery-power.html?m=1

Also came across this comedy skit on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcsFnph1zCw
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by donhils: 8:01pm On May 08, 2017
henry007:
Do an unboxing video.
It doesn't have glossy look. It has this mate finish, I've played around with the black one and it looked premium. I'm just concerned about the phone getting hot easily. I don't know whether over heating is a Gionee thing or it's my Gionee S6s that likes getting hot.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by henry007(m): 10:02pm On May 10, 2017
donhils:

It doesn't have glossy look. It has this mate finish, I've played around with the black one and it looked premium. I'm just concerned about the phone getting hot easily. I don't know whether over heating is a Gionee thing or it's my Gionee S6s that likes getting hot.

I don't think a phone like Gionee would heat up in 2017, especially not with android Nougat.

I would love to compare with Infinix phones from S2 pro to the Zero 4 plus.

Have you seen any of my comparison videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYVsh7k_ygA&t=4s&index=2&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4TkxdNZ7-nKqjlNr86N4UOe

Infinix Note 4 vs iPhone 6plus Comparison: Fingerprint Battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8QsI90txg

Infinix Zero 4 plus or Infinix Note 3: Which to Get?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP3GwqmiFPc?a

Watch the S2 Pro go up against the almighty iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO3D7hIhkJA&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4RzbG6NjHvrpScOHHYLW89N&index=2

Infinix S2 PRO X522 Vs TECNO Camon CX: Camera Comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMI67LiLkVA&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4RzbG6NjHvrpScOHHYLW89N&index=2

Infinix S2 Pro X522 Vs TECNO Camon CX Speed & Gaming Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR55roJCXas&index=4&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4RzbG6NjHvrpScOHHYLW89N

Like/Subscribe if you love it..
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by donhils: 10:15pm On May 10, 2017
henry007:

I don't think a phone like Gionee would heat up in 2017, especially not with android Nougat.

I would love to compare with Infinix phones from S2 pro to the Zero 4 plus.

Have you seen any of my comparison videos?

Infinix Zero 4 plus or Infinix Note 3: Which to Get?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP3GwqmiFPc?a

Watch the S2 Pro go up against the almighty iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO3D7hIhkJA&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4RzbG6NjHvrpScOHHYLW89N&index=2

Infinix S2 PRO X522 Vs TECNO Camon CX: Camera Comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMI67LiLkVA&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4RzbG6NjHvrpScOHHYLW89N&index=2

Infinix S2 Pro X522 Vs TECNO Camon CX Speed & Gaming Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR55roJCXas&index=4&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4RzbG6NjHvrpScOHHYLW89N

Like/Subscribe if you love it..

Just like I didn't think my S6s would be getting hot. Overheating is not a problem of Android version, it's processors and the company's UI that determines whether their phones overheat or not.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by henry007(m): 1:48am On May 11, 2017
donhils:

Just like I didn't think my S6s would be getting hot. Overheating is not a problem of Android version, it's processors and the company's UI that determines whether their phones overheat or not.

Which one is S6s

If you mean samsung s6, the snapdragon 810 was dead on arrival in the heating department. Good thing some shipped with Exynos chipset
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by donhils: 5:03am On May 11, 2017
henry007:

Which one is S6s

If you mean samsung s6, the snapdragon 810 was dead on arrival in the heating department. Good thing some shipped with Exynos chipset
No. I'm talking about Gionee S6s. Check it out if u don't know about it.

Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by henry007(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2017
donhils:

No. I'm talking about Gionee S6s. Check it out if u don't know about it.

If you're a gionee user and you don't trust that it won't heat up why you killing yourself, look at another brand na.

I haven't actually used any Gionee device in the past because when Tecno came out with Phantom A, i loved the design and i bought it - Gionee came has very ugly phones then(eyesore). Since then, they've been releasing their ugliest devices to Nigeria.

I know this coz i used to work in computer village. When ever i see Gionee stand, i'm like wtf the same poor design on their expensive and cheap phones, then i visit google and see beautiful ones. They're not ready for the Nigerian market, i guess.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by donhils: 1:37pm On May 11, 2017
henry007:

If you're a gionee user and you don't trust that it won't heat up why you killing yourself, look at another brand na.

I haven't actually used any Gionee device in the past because when Tecno came out with Phantom A, i loved the design and i bought it - Gionee came has very ugly phones then(eyesore). Since then, they've been releasing their ugliest devices to Nigeria.

I know this coz i used to work in computer village. When ever i see Gionee stand, i'm like wtf the same poor design on their expensive and cheap phones, then i visit google and see beautiful ones. They're not ready for the Nigerian market, i guess.
I'm not killing myself pls.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by LordtripleM: 11:53am On May 17, 2017
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by DanielsParker(m): 8:10am On May 27, 2017
my gionee p5w heats like kilode ! ordinary surfing the net turns the phone into an electric iron. I had to sell it off and get the infinix note 3. ever since then, I have had peace of mind, strong battery. great user experience! ... mind you, I'm no marketer or promoter! I'm just a satisfied user.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by RuthC: 10:30am On Jun 10, 2017
DanielsParker:
my gionee p5w heats like kilode ! ordinary surfing the net turns the phone into an electric iron. I had to sell it off and get the infinix note 3. ever since then, I have had peace of mind, strong battery. great user experience! ... mind you, I'm no marketer or promoter! I'm just a satisfied user.

I disagreee with you on that...Any electrical appliance will produce heat, using a high end processor it more likely to produce much heat while running in high speed than normal one.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by LordtripleM: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2017
RuthC:

I disagreee with you on that...Any electrical appliance will produce heat, using a high end processor it more likely to produce much heat while running in high speed than normal one.

That is quite possible
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by Deeni131: 12:56am On Oct 13, 2017
can I get an answer on which phone gets hot less in the country.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by Deeni131: 2:04am On Oct 14, 2017
I have clean gionee s plus for sale.
Re: Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours by DrBod1: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2018
nice one

(1) (Reply)

Celtel Free Internet Activation and Settings! / How Can I Change My Glo Tarrif Plan? / Mtn Nite Free Call Good For Conference Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.