Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 (15565 Views)

Best Performing States In 2019 WAEC (See List) / OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US / Top 10 Most Educated States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:41am On Mar 24, 2017
emmasege:
What I see are 10 most sophisticated states in terms of exam malpractice in Nigeria. What Yorubas call "Pari ise centres". I'm very much familiar with thosr states and how "well packaged and coordinated" they are when it comes to exam malpractice.

Oluwole exists in Yoruba land unlike elsewhere.
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by emmasege: 11:53am On Mar 24, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Oluwole exists in Yoruba land unlike elsewhere.
Is Oluwole not in Lagos and is Lagos not among those listed states? Why must you guys always engage in public discourse from ethnic point of view? Really disgusting!
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by sainttwist1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
sean1000x:
• Abia -1st
• Anambra -2nd
• Edo -3rd
• Rivers -4th
• Imo -5th
• Lagos -6th
• Bayelsa -7th
• Delta -8th
• Enugu -9th
• Ebonyi -10th

Based on performance in WAEC
just tell everybody you want tribal E-war.......cos i dont know the meaning of this your post ......."based on performance in WAEC" and i can see some state know as miracle centers.
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
emmasege:
Is Oluwole not in Lagos and is Lagos not among those listed states? Why must you guys always engage in public discourse from ethnic point of view? Really disgusting!

And other parts of yorubaland
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by ziccog(m): 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
This ur list self you should have included sokoto or zamfara.
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by thesicilian: 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
olaolaking:
The use of word is wrong. If the passing rate is higher, it may mean they are more brilliant. Most educated means large numbers go to school and do follow up after exams. Bayelsa have very scanty Professors compare to so many states
I agree with you on the submission that most educated means large numbers go to school. Due tot the fact that WAEC is the one responsible for these stats, we can safely assume that the data is largely from Exam enrollment from various secondary schools across the country. So it has nothing to do with the number of professors, since these details do not include postgraduate education. For example, Edo state has almost 100% enrollment at WAEC, which means almost all secondary school leavers enroll for the exam. Which is why the state is regarded as one of the most educated. But how many of these children go on to become professors?
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by exammate: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
The well kept secret to passing Jamb is out!
The ExamMate Jamb cbt software is the answer. Follow these links to get yours;

Desktop/Laptop app: http://esoftcontent.com/Eshop/product.php?user_id=96612726

Mobile App: https:///nbCV4i
You can also call 08189968809 or visit www.esoftcontent.com

Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
sainttwist1:
just tell everybody you want tribal E-war.......cos i dont know the meaning of this your post ......."based on performance in WAEC" and i can see some state know as miracle centers.

Is Lagos also not a miracle center....eh Afonja?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by sainttwist1(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
sean1000x:

Is Lagos also not a miracle center....eh Afonja?
Lagos miracle center, sorry ooo.......you dont even know me and you are shouting afonja, so any anybody that dont think like you is now afonja abi....
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by Cjizzy(m): 11:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
If this list is determined by percentage of passes in WAEC, then it's no surprise Bayelsa is up there cos the population is much smaller than other states in the list.

But seriously, what most people don't seem to realise on Nairaland is the south (May not have many universities cos of infrastructural disadvantage years back) is full with people who at least have a secondary education. In the south, no matter the village u go to, you'll always be understood in English unlike the north and most places in upper Southwest that are only comfortable in their mother tongue. No School in Rivers state for instance teaches in a local dialect or pigin.

They may not have as many professors as ekiti but have a huge percentage of people who are at least fairly educated
True Talk
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by ise82(m): 4:54am On Mar 25, 2017
sean1000x:
• Abia -1st
• Anambra -2nd
• Edo -3rd
• Rivers -4th
• Imo -5th
• Lagos -6th
• Bayelsa -7th
• Delta -8th
• Enugu -9th
• Ebonyi -10th

Lagos 6th? You must be joking!
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:41am On Mar 25, 2017
thesicilian:

I agree with you on the submission that most educated means large numbers go to school. Due tot the fact that WAEC is the one responsible for these stats, we can safely assume that the data is largely from Exam enrollment from various secondary schools across the country. So it has nothing to do with the number of professors, since these details do not include postgraduate education. For example, Edo state has almost 100% enrollment at WAEC, which means almost all secondary school leavers enroll for the exam. Which is why the state is regarded as one of the most educated. But how many of these children go on to become professors?

Even on professorial grounds, igbos have more professors, don't mind these people

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by Fundamentalist: 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
sean1000x:
• Abia -1st
• Anambra -2nd
• Edo -3rd
• Rivers -4th
• Imo -5th
• Lagos -6th
• Bayelsa -7th
• Delta -8th
• Enugu -9th
• Ebonyi -10th

All southern I guess, a lot of them cannot express themselves in english and yet they have the best of grades. Nairaland southerners are good examples

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
ise82:

Lagos 6th? You must be joking!

If you remove the yorubas there, it should be second or third. Yorubass there are holding Lagos back educationally!
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by Basic123: 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
emmasege:
What I see are 10 most sophisticated states in terms of exam malpractice in Nigeria. What Yorubas call "Pari ise centres". I'm very much familiar with thosr states and how "well packaged and coordinated" they are when it comes to exam malpractice.
..you are right,I have a friend here from bayelsa that said he do write biology exams for a whole school.The guy is a medical student in U.I.

The OP cant use that as yardstick...exam machinery is the other of the day especially in lagos and eastern states.
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:27am On Mar 26, 2017
Aonkuuse:
Bayelsa? Based on your list I guess. Even benue is more educated than those guy's, in benue every normal household will have not less than three to four educators

no mind the guy!

him no know wetin him dey talk
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by Ximenez(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Op, the title of your topic is misleading.

Rivers state for example is an Educational Less Developed State (ELDS)

The list waec released is just the top ten perfomance of candidates by states of origin
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by Ximenez(m): 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
emi14:

Wonderful. Egotism have failed the Yorubas who felt they are more learned, talented and better placed people in the country. Living in past glory. Living in fools paradise. Lagos being mixed breed state cannot be assigned to any group.
The 5% group took 1st-10th position. Definitely Lagos is collective efforts. Critically analysis will still favour SE/SS.
The economy, the knowledge belong to the same 5% remaining power. Let's give it time.
He who have knowledge have power because knowledge is power.
Mixed breed? Your name can't be chukwudi ojukwu and then you put Lagos state as your state of origin during Waec registration.
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by emi14: 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
[quote author=Ximenez post=54965947]Mixed breed? Your name can't be chukwudi ojukwu and then you put Lagos state as your state of origin during Waec registration. [/quote

Ok. No objection
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by emi14: 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ximenez:
Mixed breed? Your name can't be chukwudi ojukwu and then you put Lagos state as your state of origin during Waec registration.
.Ok. No objection
Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by showlayman: 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/2630355/10-states-highest-literacy-rate

sean1000x:
• Abia -1st
• Anambra -2nd
• Edo -3rd
• Rivers -4th
• Imo -5th
• Lagos -6th
• Bayelsa -7th
• Delta -8th
• Enugu -9th
• Ebonyi -10th

Re: Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 by Johnandv: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
This list get as e be. I cant believe Edo Edo! Edo of all states is among and even ahead of "IMO state the giant of Education in Nigeria" when we know all Edo do is Ashawo from Italy to Germany down to Morocco. IMO state should be first on that list before I can take a second look at it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Spat Semester Result Checker / JAMB Candidates Protest At New Telegraph's Office (photo And Video) / This Is The Difference Between Street, Avenue, Road You Probably Didn't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.