Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:35 PM

They Think Am An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / They Think Am An Atheist (557 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Think Am An Atheist by castrokiller(m): 5:38am On Mar 24, 2017
Hit me in the head, pour water on me, slap me. Just do something please, I'd probably wake up to the fact that I'm in the wrong planet.
Yesterday was wednesday yeah, and we are all aware of the fact that some churches have what they call "midweek service".
A sister in the lord, a papa's church goer messaged me on messenger and we started off well with the chats.
Her- "are u going to church today? "
Me-"what's happening in church? "
She-"midweek service "
Me-"oh well, no. But, which church do you think I attend? "
She-"non, you barely post Sunday pictures"
At that point, my Jaw literally dropped.
Me-"so because I don't post Sunday pictures, you feel I don't go to church? Be kind to tell me what else you feel about me"
She- "it's not me sha, but some people feel you are an atheist "
I'll take it from here as that was our last conversation. I don't know who the "some people " are, and yes maybe I don't go to church, but I am sure not an athiest.
I catch up on church(feel free to judge)
I pray a lot, I have all the devotionals at my disposal. I strive daily to build both my physical and spiritual life with God.
And no I don't affiliate everything that happens in my life to God or feel every damn thing is a miracle just because "papa" said so, it may not be miracle but grace. The grace of God Is sufficient onto us. The grace of God keeps us daily. It is grace. I don't have a "papa", "daddy in the lord" "mummy in the lord" that's just shitty and petty Af.
Iam not a blind follower of papa abi Christ. I am a realist and I see everyday as grace. U go to church everyday, it works for u. I don't, and it works for me.
Stop following what papa said, do what God said. Stop judging people just because u go to church and they don't.
In Africa we worship God too much yet we are the least developed.
You know why? We don't worship God with a clean heart. How can you feel I am an atheist because I don't post Sunday pictures? How do you live with yourself?
Why do I feel she was craving to put the word "atheist" in a sentence?
Hypocrisy is worse than murder. Live right.
Re: They Think Am An Atheist by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sir,

You said something very interesting which I want to quote.

"In Africa we worship God too much yet we are the least developed.
You know why? We don't worship God with a clean heart."

So much food for thought.....very courageous for you to say sir.

If I may ask...is that some sort of tradition to post Sunday pics after church?
Re: They Think Am An Atheist by castrokiller(m): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Well... I wouldn't say for myself but most young girls now do it as it seems.
Re: They Think Am An Atheist by enshy: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
MZLady39:
Sir,

You said something very interesting which I want to quote.

"In Africa we worship God too much yet we are the least developed.
You know why? We don't worship God with a clean heart."

So much food for thought.....very courageous for you to say sir.

If I may ask...is that some sort of tradition to post Sunday pics after church?
You just hit the nail on the head!
Re: They Think Am An Atheist by frank317: 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
You are forsaking the gathering of brethren and you sit in your home and think you got it all figured out.

That's Christianity for you. Everyone does what's best for him and thinks he has got it all figured out.

Christianity makes u a bigot. Every Christian feels he is the power house of knowledge.

Where do u pay ur tithe?
Do u give testimony?
U have refused to worhip with the children of God. U have reason to reason together with fellow believers..

What makes you think you are the one who worships God with a clean heart from your bedroom. Should every Christian then stop going to church? Are you a self made pastor... Do you now believe pastors are not chosen by God? Did God chose you for you?

To me you are not really being honest with urself. You are either a Christian or not, i think you are kinda confused.

Face it, religion is full of shiiit that's why you think the church is a failure... Emancipate yourself and get rid of the fear of hell that is bringing about all these self righteous thoughts.

You are either in or out. You have no access to any God neither does all the pastors you are condemning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Think Am An Atheist by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Frank317,
Yes...the young man is going through a spiritual crisis...but perhaps he's trying to figure it out...which he's entitled to do.
He may just be at the wrong church.
You are pushing for him to be a "free-thinker", when he clearly needs to spend some time with Christ alone (free of outside interference). Only the Holy Spirit can draw this young man to Him.

I don't think it's about judging others & making himself superior. However, he spoke the truth.
We, Christians, are not honest with ourselves. Our hearts aren't clean. We aren't worshiping Him in truth. But he has to keep his eyes on Christ..not man.
FYI..every pastor is not called by God. Church has become a business for sure.
But there are some sincere, sold-out, Christ led men called by God.
Frank, why are you so angry & negative? What makes you happy?

1 Like

Re: They Think Am An Atheist by frank317: 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
MZLady39:
Frank317,
Yes...the young man is going through a spiritual crisis...but perhaps he's trying to figure it out...which he's entitled to do.
He may just be at the wrong church.

I don't know if you read his post upside down, all i saw in his post was someone who thinks he has got it all figured out, nothing like spiritual crisis and he sure didn't name a church he attends, how then do figure he is in a wrong church.

You are pushing for him to be a "free-thinker", when he clearly needs to spend some time with Christ alone (free of outside interference). Only the Holy Spirit can draw this young man to Him.
A free thinker is what he should be but fear is holding him back. Fear of hell.
Lol the church which he has proudly annouced that he does not attend is now and interference? I thought the church was the house of God, a holy place for worship... Now it's an interference? This is getting interesting.
Ya, only the holy spirit... So you think he needs the holy spirit? I think he thinks he's got it already (in his house of course)

I don't think it's about judging others & making himself superior. However, he spoke the truth.
Truth? He has not holy spirit, but he has the truth?
What makes what he said the truth, when u think he is going through spiritual crises?
If i tell you that i feel Christians are not worshipping God the right way (as an atheist ooo) would you call it the truth?
How then are the words of one who is under going spiritual crisis and has no holy spirit be saying the truth when he makes a personal statement? Anybody can say what he said.

We, Christians, are not honest with ourselves. Our hearts aren't clean. We aren't worshiping Him in truth. But he has to keep his eyes on Christ..not man.
Of course you Christians are not honest with ya selves, that's pretty obvious. Your hearts are reallllll dirty.
How is his heart in Christ? By worshipping God in his house? By making himself a pastor of himself?
I think every Christian's eyes is on man and not any God, however, they delusion themselves to think that while they are looking at man, they are seeing God.

FYI..every pastor is not called by God. Church has become a business for sure.
But there are some sincere, sold-out, Christ led men called by God.
Who exactly? Show me one pastor who is a sold out Christ led man called by God? With reasons of course.

Frank, why are you so angry & negative? What makes you happy?

I just spoke my mind and you think i am angry bs nagative? I know you Christians love hypocritics. Can you explain anything in my post that exhumed anger and nagativity?

What makes me happy?... Money, love, women, peace, progress, success, progress, fun, achievement and good news and good health.
Re: They Think Am An Atheist by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
Frank317,
No, I'm not that gifted to read upside down. I stand by every word I typed. I just have a heart to look deeper into folks' words...like I've done with yours to deduce that you're a hurt young man.
You curse a lot & throw lots of insults and mockery..that's how I know.
What you don't get is that who people are comes through their words..sooner or later.
You love "peace"..yet you get a frightening "thrill" by attacking Christians & that's the truth. The environment you create is "war" not "peace". You love "love"? What's your definition of "love"?
Brother, I don't want to fight you. I know this won't mean anything to you. We'll agree to disagree. IBut honey..not vinegar catches a bee.
Thanks for at least replying smiley
Re: They Think Am An Atheist by frank317: 10:40am On Mar 25, 2017
MZLady39:
Frank317,
No, I'm not that gifted to read upside down. I stand by every word I typed. I just have a heart to look deeper into folks' words...like I've done with yours to deduce that you're a hurt young man.
You keep on making assumptions. Stop it, you have no supernatural powers.
Everybody can make out anything from what people say but guess what, thy are most times wrong.
I am not hurt.
Meet me one on one and you will be surprised at yourself for making wrong assumptions of me. I am one of the rear people that is living the best of my entire life in this recession. You saying i am hurt is like telling me that you think Obama or WizKid is broke.

You curse a lot & throw lots of insults and mockery..that's how I know.

Now you have intentionally hurt me with ur accusations.
Please we are at least on this thread and you accuse me of being insultive. I believe something i have said here must have triggered that response from you. Can you at least quote just a line from me in this thread that i insulted you or the op?
If you don't then i will definitely insult you just to prove you right at least,.

What you don't get is that who people are comes through their words..sooner or later.
How don't i get this? Why did you say this? So therefore you should make assumptions of people?

You love "peace"..yet you get a frightening "thrill" by attacking Christians & that's the truth. The environment you create is "war" not "peace". You love "love"? What's your definition of "love"?
I feel Religious folks are wrong and challenge their belief and you call that war? What's wrong with you? Attacking Christians? I feel they are lying and challenge them, if that's war to you then go put on your armour.

Brother, I don't want to fight you. I know this won't mean anything to you. We'll agree to disagree. IBut honey..not vinegar catches a bee.
Thanks for at least replying smiley
Don't you see you have an issue? You see fight or war when challenged. You see insult when criticized. Relax babe, no one is fighting you. If your idea is challenged just come up with better facts instead of feeling threatened.
Re: They Think Am An Atheist by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hey Frank317,
That's your name right?
Guess what? You won...you're gonna get an answer out of me (which you wanted). Maybe I made a mistake in assuming you were intelligent & need to take back my compliment.

One of the insults (THAT YOU WROTE) was the following:
"Christianity makes u a bigot. Every Christian thinks he is a power house of knowledge."

As I said before, "I don't deal fraudently."

Frank....this "foolish woman" accepts your apology smiley

CC: hopefulLandlord--will talk with u later about your "friend".

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drinking Alcohol In An Event In The Church Compound: Right Or Wrong? / Religion Crisis Allegedly Ongoing At Kabala Junction, Kaduna(see Photo) / See The Title Of A Church’s Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.