Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? (2437 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos / Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by ajilete(f): 10:19am On Dec 22, 2009
What are you preparing for the family on Christmas Day? anybody doing something special other than jollof/fried rice and chicken? What about deserts? Please share what youve planned, I'd like a different menu thiss Xmas Anything special but available in Nigeria?
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2009
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Fhemmmy: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2009
Eba and Okra ogbono with classical meatssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Approved1(f): 2:37am On Dec 23, 2009
Christmas Dinner: Roasted Turkey, Cornbread Dressing, Collard Greens, Cranberry Sauce, Sweet Potatoes (aka (candied Yams)

New Year's Eve Dinner: Egusi and Efo Stew w/ Fish, Blackeye Peas, Cornbread
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by ikamefa(f): 2:44am On Dec 23, 2009
Roasted turkey and jollof rice,some dodo,bake some meat pies

and poundo with egusi soup grin
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by SeanT21(f): 3:13am On Dec 23, 2009
Simple, FRIED FISH and RICE!!
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by mamagee3(f): 3:14am On Dec 23, 2009
Fried Rice, Salad with Chicken. kiss
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by yjay(f): 9:47am On Dec 23, 2009
hmm im not preparing but ll help out, fried rice, maybe grilled chicken, diced plantain salad, i'm definitely buying a chocolate cake for desert! thats it!
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2009
I don't even know how i'll manage but i've got pheasant on the menu.
Lots of drinks
and some other stuff
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by H2O2: 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
babes in the house would be serving it up. it's up to them to decide
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by iice(f): 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2009
Ughhh got a buzz going on right now grin

I got stew, rice, pesto pasta, linguine allo scoglio, suya, roasted salmon, baby back ribs, lasagna (yes we love italian food) grin
Then i got banana cake/carrot cake, fruit salad, ice cream, flan. . .So far so good. Might throw in somethings later undecided
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Fhemmmy: 4:13pm On Dec 24, 2009
SeanT21:

Simple, FRIED FISH and RICE!!

You are real jare, some of the people have never seen all the food they are talking about. . . , grin
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by SeanT21(f): 4:15pm On Dec 24, 2009
What are U cooking?? thats if u can cook
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Fhemmmy: 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2009
SeanT21:

What are U cooking?? thats if u can cook

Eba and Okra Ogbono.
Enuf time for me to cook
Wash it down with nice wine.
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by SeanT21(f): 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2009
In Liberia, we call that Fufu and Okra Soup.
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2009
SeanT21:

In Liberia, we call that Fufu and Okra Soup.

You in Liberia?
Hope u have got some of the diamonds there?
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by SeanT21(f): 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2009
No, I came to the states in 03. Diamonds Liberia is not Sierra Leone.
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Dec 24, 2009
SeanT21:

No, I came to the states in 03. Diamonds Liberia is not Sierra Leone.

That is nice, and hope u enjoyed your stay in the states, BTW . . .how is life in Liberia and what are you doing there.
For your info . . .Liberia is an exporter of diamonds as well, not just Sierra Leone
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by iice(f): 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2009
Hmmmmm adding some cup cakes and spaghetti cheesy
Food is a big deal in my family grin grin And when we are all together shocked We can demolish enough cheesy
Thankfully. . .brothers are doing half of the cooking kiss kiss kiss Truly the awesomest kiss kiss
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2009
Jollof rice + dodo + fried fish and chicken kiss kiss kiss

And then some ugwu + egusi soup with pounded yam kiss kiss kiss

Thats what I am cooking but definitely some more dishes from other members of the family
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by Epi: 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2009
@chaircover

I want to come to your house. love your menu tongue

@topic

Creamy butternut squash soup

baked spareribs
curry goat
lobster
baked chicken
ham

red beans and rice
white rice

potato stuffing
macaroni salad
Mohawk's special plantain (kele wele)
vegetable salad
green salad
macaroni and cheese pie
stewed zucchini

sorrel
rum punch
fruit punch
ginger beer

black cake
vanilla cake
coconut tart
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by SeanT21(f): 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

That is nice, and hope u enjoyed your stay in the states, BTW . . .how is life in Liberia and what are you doing there.
For your info . . .Liberia is an exporter of diamonds as well, not just Sierra Leone

Life in Lib is improving. The country is rebuilding after 20 years of civil war. Thanks for the info. wink
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by mohawkchic(f): 4:01am On Dec 25, 2009
~Food on the Menu will be:

~Kafta
~Kebbeh
~Creole Salad
~Jolloh Rice & Stew
~Pasta & Potato Salad
~Skewered Roast Beef
~Baby Back Spare Ribs
~Finger food:Chicken Goujons,Vegie Spring roll
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by iyapony(m): 7:34am On Dec 25, 2009
everything said here sounds so delicious. this is my first christmas away from home, so i cant help but feel a bit homesick. . . but i have friends who have invited me to a christmas party tomorrow afternoon. i wish i had proper cooking skills so i could have brought something, but sadly i dont. in the morning i hope to see a bakery open so i can at least pick up a dessert to bring- some say it is rude to go to a christmas party and not bring anything.

merry christmas everyone.
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by sentix(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2009
Beef Sauce

Chicken Sauce
Re: What Delicacies Are You Going To Have/prepare On Xmas Day? by itstpia8: 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Help A Bachelor Dying Of Hunger. / Books On Food, Baking, Cake Decorating And More!! / 11 Foods That Makes You Look Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.