Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,326 members, 7,822,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love (16661 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / Enjoy This Delicacies / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by ConcernMan: 7:29pm On May 01, 2013
Every man is generally biased and always inclined to protect his own. Can we in all honesty mention foods/delicacies that are not pertaining to our tribe we love so much.

As for me I love the Hausa suya and kwilikwili. I love the Calabar afang soup.

Now your turn. What is that delicacy you can tell us about.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by specialguest(f): 12:20am On May 02, 2013
Abacha- I don't know what tribe owns this delicacy, as a northerner I enjoy eating it to the extent I learnt how to prepare it last year while I visited ph.

Gbegiri soup- or beans soup as it is fondly called. Though its common in some northern states like Niger, I believe the soup belongs to the yoruba"s. I can lick a plate full of this yummy soup even without amala or any other swallow.

3 Likes

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by degurl(f): 2:48pm On May 02, 2013
Efo riro and melted yam pottage. Both belong to the Yoruba tribe.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 11:33am On May 03, 2013
hot Amala with ewedu and gbegiri soup, Furnished with ogunfe and eja dindin (fried fish) with Limca kiss kiss

Good old times in Naija

2 Likes

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by stonebridge: 11:34am On May 03, 2013
specialguest: Abacha- I don't know what tribe owns this delicacy, as a northerner I enjoy eating it to the extent I learnt how to prepare it last year while I visited ph.

Gbegiri soup- or beans soup as it is fondly called. Though its common in some northern states like Niger, I believe the soup belongs to the yoruba"s. I can lick a plate full of this yummy soup even without amala or any other swallow.
Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by ezedolar: 11:35am On May 03, 2013
Edikakor
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by greatgod2012(f): 11:38am On May 03, 2013
I love eating tuwo with luru, from hausa tribe.

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by yuzedo: 11:39am On May 03, 2013
Punny-pie.............. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 11:39am On May 03, 2013
Banga soup with starch and lots of fish! I'm from the West but this Urhobo food na die.

8 Likes

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Lilimax(f): 11:39am On May 03, 2013
I love banga soup prepared in the Niger-Delta way.
It is quite different from the way my Igbo people cook it.

7 Likes

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by dridowu: 11:42am On May 03, 2013
Banga Soup, love dat delicate.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by iyaayi(f): 11:42am On May 03, 2013
Beef or chicken Suya and balangu native to d hausas!
I also love ogbono soup d way its prepared by d igbos
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by kemoolala: 11:42am On May 03, 2013
Abacha! this is one of igbo delicacies, i like it served wit ponmo and fried fish.
ofe owerri is also igbo soup. eat it wit pounded yam, u'll want to eat it over and over again.
ofe olubu! dis is one of igbo soup too prepared wit bitter leaf and thicken wit cocoyam, u just av to taste all these igbo food and know wat i'm talking about...yummmmmmmm!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 11:43am On May 03, 2013
amala
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Babymyne: 11:45am On May 03, 2013
danwake from hausa tribe,okpa from igbo/igala and fura da nono from fulani

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by dridowu: 11:49am On May 03, 2013
From my tribe Ijebu, Ikokore, who love it ? Lovely Delicacy

2 Likes

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by yemmight(m): 11:51am On May 03, 2013
greatgod2012: I love eating tuwo with luru, from hausa tribe.

Chai? That Luru looks scary oo.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by spacebus: 11:51am On May 03, 2013
fura da nono...splendid,suya,masa and kilishi... bliss
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by sureteeboy(m): 11:52am On May 03, 2013
Na confirm ogbono soup. I be yoruba boy grin
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by baynix(m): 11:54am On May 03, 2013
Banku Wit Cassava Soup!!