Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

Don't Stop Making Zikhr Because Your Heart Isn't In It....... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Stop Making Zikhr Because Your Heart Isn't In It....... (294 Views)

If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help / Herdsmen Will Kill Us All If We Don't Stop Them Now--OAP Michael Effiong Warns / Is God Truly Dwelling In Your Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Stop Making Zikhr Because Your Heart Isn't In It....... by Kebreal92(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2017
_*DON’T STOP MAKING DHIKR BECAUSE YOUR HEART ISN’T IN IT…….Part 1*_

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Rahiim

‘I’m remembering Allah, but my heart’s not in it; what’s the point’ is a typical anguish for many of us? ‘When I make dhikr, my heart doesn’t have focus, it’s all over the place. Is there any use’ is another one?
So should we stop making dhikr because out heart lacks focus on Allah; because there isn’t any hudur al-qalb – “presence of heart”? There are some who are dead set on the issue. There is no point in making dhikr when the heart is heedless, to do so would be making a mockery of dhikr – or so they’d have us believe.

But that’s not quite right. That’s not what those whom Allah has blessed with a huge share of fiqh and profound insight into the realities of faith (haqa’iq al-iman) teach us. Instead, as Ibn al-Qayyim explains, dhikr ‘is sometimes performed with the heart and tongue, which is the best dhikr; sometimes with only the heart, which ranks second; and sometimes with only the tongue, which ranks third.’(Al-Wabil al-Sayyib (Damascus: Maktabah Dar al-Bayan, 2006), 176) And whilst dhikr with the tongue alone does not yield the fruits of gnosis (ma‘rifah), divine love (mahabbah) and intimacy (uns) as does dhikr with the tongue and heart combined; nonetheless, it still has its benefits. In fact, for most people it begins with dhikr of just the tongue. Imam al-Ghazali wrote: ‘It starts with dhikr of the tongue; then by the heart being pressed into remembering; then the heart remembering spontaneously.’(Kitab al-Arba‘in fi Usul al-Din (Jeddah: Dar al-Minhaj, 2006), 87)

To be continued .......in Shaa Allah

May Allah keep guiding us.,...... Amiin

(1) (Reply)

Satan's Miracles / Quran And Academic Brilliance / Specialization Versus Spirituality - Which Does GOD Favour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.