Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

My Child Doesn't Take Drugs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Child Doesn't Take Drugs (1932 Views)

Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma / When Is The Right Time To Take Drugs: Before, After Or With Meal? / Breastfeeding A Child Doesn't Makes The Breast To Sag (fall) - Health Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Omotakins(m): 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
My younger son, irrespective of what you do, doesn't take drugs despite their sweetness. He is unwell now. I've been tinkering with the idea of telling doctors never to recommend syrup again for him. He wastes them. Rather, any medicine he needs to take should be through injection though a doctor argued otherwise. I've been battling with this for over a year. He is 2. Really confused.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by delishpot: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Very simple solution. buy a syringe from a pharmacy, use it to dispense the medicine slowly. Put in his mouth then pause then repeat until he finishes it.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Omotakins(m): 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
delishpot:
Very simple solution. buy a syringe from a pharmacy, use it to dispense the medicine slowly. Put in his mouth then pause then repeat until he finishes it.
we've tried that, it didn't work. He vomited everything. Al I'm saying he doesn't want to have anything to do with drugs.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by delishpot: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
Omotakins:
we've tried that, it didn't work. He vomited everything. Al I'm saying he doesn't want to have anything to do with drugs.

That is because you forced a lot at once into his mouth. Just take around 10 mins to administer it. Small at a time let him play around then small again and so in until the syringe is empty.
My kid was like that too. Throws up meds but we had to resort to syringe. For 1 it keeps track of how much as drunk from the dosage incase it is spat out half way so we can replace. 2nd it provides a safe place for the med not to spill while fighting to get a few mill into the child's mouth.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by katchycouture(f): 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
I understand ur plight very much, my son is almost 5yrs old and has never taken drugs, he won't take it no matter how much trick u apply, but there is something that works for me now....I buy his favourite drink ( happy hour, caprisone, lucozade boost or ribenna) then I desolve the medicine in very little water, I use an injection syringe to draw it and pour it in the drink.... belive me ur child will have no idea of what he is taking...try this and thank me later
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Omotakins(m): 4:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
katchycouture:
I understand ur plight very much, my son is almost 5yrs old and has never taken drugs, he won't take it no matter how much trick u apply, but there is something that works for me now....I buy his favourite drink ( happy hour, caprisone, lucozade boost or ribenna) then I desolve the medicine in very little water, I use an injection syringe to draw it and pour it in the drink.... belive me ur child will have no idea of what he is taking...try this and thank me later
Thanks very much, madam. You really understood my plight. This is one way to go, but I hope the drink will not reduce the potency of the drug. Thanks so much, ma.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by UcheJoe(m): 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
Omotakins:
My younger son, irrespective of what you do, doesn't take drugs despite their sweetness. He is unwell now. I've been tinkering with the idea of telling doctors never to recommend syrup again for him. He wastes them. Rather, any medicine he needs to take should be through injection though a doctor argued otherwise. I've been battling with this for over a year. He is 2. Really confused.

Have you heard about MyChoco These beverage which is the World First Functional Alkaline Chocolate Drink can keep your child away from doctors and drugs for years. It's fortified with DHA and COMPLETE which has 16000 Phyto Nutrients. Contact me for more details: 07036859601

Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by katchycouture(f): 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Omotakins:
Thanks very much, madam. You really understood my plight. This is one way to go, but I hope the drink will not reduce the potency of the drug. Thanks so much, ma.

You are welcome...The drink doesn't reduce the potency of the drug...This is a system that works very fast for me. ..Once my son has high temperature I administer paracetamol with this method and under 5 mins my boy is sweating and fever gone.

1 Like

Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 27, 2017
katchycouture:

You are welcome...The drink doesn't reduce the potency of the drug...This is a system that works very fast for me. ..Once my son has high temperature I administer paracetamol with this method and under 5 mins my boy is sweating and fever gone.
hmmm....
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Omotakins(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
katchycouture:

My wife called to tell me that she poured ibumed into his pap, he took it without knowing. He likes pap very much.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by joey150(m): 12:36am On Mar 28, 2017
katchycouture:

Hope your kid is doing great?!

I hope you recently heard about the coke incident??

Mixing drugs with those drinks dosent sound like the best idea.. You never know which and which chemical may react to form something toxic.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by joey150(m): 12:39am On Mar 28, 2017
Omotakins:

If its sweet how then can he tell its a drug and not a normal soda drink?

Well unless he can actually decipher when you want to give him drug... Be very informal about it next time maybe that would work.. I have no experience with babies.. Just saying!

1 Like

Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by katchycouture(f): 6:56am On Mar 28, 2017
joey150:

Mixing drugs with those drinks dosent sound like the best idea.. You never know which and which chemical may react to form something toxic.

Cheers

Yes I heard but since this this drinks I mentioned are what my son drink almost everyday, it is part of his launch pack to school so I don't think using it as a means of giving him drugs will have any effect...

Just yesterday my son was given this immunization medicine that the local government people go about to give, unfortunately they met him in school, my boy vomited everything he ate while going to school simply because of that tasteless drug... so u see I no get choice oooo he has to take medicines mixed in his fruit drinks or take injections....

I wonder how I came about have a child that would never take drugs... was it my fault?? Did I indulge him too much as a baby??
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by delishpot: 7:25am On Mar 28, 2017
joey150:

Cheers

if I spoke against this their idea, they would say I am too forward. Plus I dont know to the degree at which their kids totally reject medicines. To be on the safe side tho, they can put glucose with pure orange juice and use that instead of those processed and chemically enhanced juices.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by joey150(m): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2017
katchycouture:

Yes I heard but since this this drinks I mentioned are what my son drink almost everyday, it is part of his launch pack to school so I don't think using it as a means of giving him drugs will have any effect...

Just yesterday my son was given this immunization medicine that the local government people go about to give, unfortunately they met him in school, my boy vomited everything he ate while going to school simply because of that tasteless drug... so u see I no get choice oooo he has to take medicines mixed in his fruit drinks or take injections....

I wonder how I came about have a child that would never take drugs... was it my fault?? Did I indulge him too much as a baby??

Alright but you shouldn't really get him accustomed to all those sugary drinks too much.

You can try natural fruit juice or squeeze some orange juice for him and dissolve the drugs in them..

Sorry about your little conundrum cheesy

This might help http://www.everydayhealth.com/kids-health/10-ways-to-get-kids-to-take-medicine.aspx

Take care!
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by katchycouture(f): 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
joey150:

Alright but you shouldn't really get him accustomed to all those sugary drinks too much.

You can try natural fruit juice or squeeze some orange juice for him and dissolve the drugs in them..

Sorry about your little conundrum cheesy

This might help http://www.everydayhealth.com/kids-health/10-ways-to-get-kids-to-take-medicine.aspx

Take care!

Thanks a lot
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Omotakins(m): 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
katchycouture:

This has nothing to do with indulgence. They just develop that attitude. His older brother takes any drug, even when it is bitter. Imagine me now falling sick because of worry. Anytime the boy in question falls sick, it is a battle.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Originalsly: 11:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
Omotakins:
This has nothing to do with indulgence. They just develop that attitude. His older brother takes any drug, even when it is bitter. Imagine me now falling sick because of worry. Anytime the boy in question falls sick, it is a battle.
Bro.... ask yourself if you liked everything your parents gave you to eat... then ask yourself if you had a choice... then try to remember how many battles you had with your parents... and if you did... how many you won.Bend the tree when it is young . At 2 years old the baby child is battling the parents.... like it or not... you're training your child to be a menace to society.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Omotakins(m): 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
Originalsly:
Bro.... ask yourself if you liked everything your parents gave you to eat... then ask yourself if you had a choice... then try to remember how many battles you had with your parents... and if you did... how many you won.Bend the tree when it is young . At 2 years old the baby child is battling the parents.... like it or not... you're training your child to be a menace to society.
At times when I see the way some people reason, I'm alarmed. Are u saying every child that doesn't take drug is being trained to become a menace to the society? This is extreme! Are u married let alone have children? like I said, your sense of thinking beats my imagination.
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Originalsly: 10:15am On Mar 30, 2017
Omotakins:
At times when I see the way some people reason, I'm alarmed. Are u saying every child that doesn't take drug is being trained to become a menace to the society? This is extreme! Are u married let alone have children? like I said, your sense of thinking beats my imagination.
At times when I see the way some people reason, I'm speechless. Your sense of reading and not understanding beats my imagination.

1 Like

Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by katchycouture(f): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2017
Originalsly:

Please kindly explain what ur writeup means because don't understand it one bit
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Originalsly: 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
katchycouture:

Please kindly explain what ur writeup means because don't understand it one bit
In life some things you just have to figure out yourself.....stay with it until you get it.

1 Like

Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by katchycouture(f): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
Originalsly:
In life some things you just have to figure out yourself.....stay with it until you get it.

For ur mind now.....anyway u chose to write the jargons filled in ur head not me so enjoy
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by luckynas(m): 2:57am On Mar 31, 2017
The best way is to give a child the drug hidden inside thier food that way they dont even know they are taking the drugs, you just have to be clever about it. cool
Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by dedoz: 6:24am On Mar 31, 2017
Wow! I thought I was the only one who fights when giving her son drugs.He is 2yrs n 4months now.Even if I mix it with fruit juice,golden morn,pap etc he still detects d taste and abandons it for you...I had to resort to using cane to scare him.Once I pour d drug in a cap and he refuses to take it,i bring my cane and hit it on d floor and chairs around him threatening to flog him if he doesn't take it.He usually takes it after all the persuasions.It really takes time.

1 Like

Re: My Child Doesn't Take Drugs by Omotakins(m): 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
dedoz:
Wow! I thought I was the only one who fights when giving her son drugs.He is 2yrs n 4months now.Even if I mix it with fruit juice,golden morn,pap etc he still detects d taste and abandons it for you...I had to resort to using cane to scare him.Once I pour d drug in a cap and he refuses to take it,i bring my cane and hit it on d floor and chairs around him threatening to flog him if he doesn't take it.He usually takes it after all the persuasions.It really takes time.
Be happy yours capitulates after being threatened, but mine, as long as it is about drugs, he would be looking at you crying, but won't comply.

(1) (Reply)

Billionaire Cancer Patient Threw Away Bags Full Of Cash Over Her Sickness (pic) / Do You Know? Daily Health Tip For Saturday September 30 / Where To Buy Cbd Oil In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.