Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Know How You Respond To Issues - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Know How You Respond To Issues (786 Views)

51 Words You Should Know How To Pronounce [part 2] / How To Respond When Your Partner Is Angry / Please, I Want To Know How To.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Know How You Respond To Issues by osai27(m): 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2009
There is this story of four men walking along a narrow path in a jungle. As they walked, the first one came across a deadly snake lying across his path. He saw the snake and was frightened. Fear gave him the strength and he fled as fast as he could. As the second man came up, he also saw the snake lying on his path. He was so frightened that he was simply frozen. He could neither run nor cry for help. He could only stand there like a pillar, totally incapacitated and lost. Then came the third man. He saw the man standing and the snake on his path. He cut a small branch from a tree and with it killed the snake. Then he walked away with the other man. Finally came the fourth man. The sight of the snake so frightened him that all he could do was to stand there and screen for help. This he did till he noticed that the snake was dead and gathering flies. He took a large curve about the snake and walk away.

We see that the four different reactions to the same snake did not depended on the snake but on the four different person. What they did depended on what they were. If someone hit me, that does not show that I am bad, that only shows something of quality of the man who hit me. I can hit back; I can ignore the hit I received; I can forgive the one who hit me; or I can be friendly and helpful to him.
get full details here:
http://authspot.com/thoughts/who-are-you-16/
Re: Know How You Respond To Issues by marenx: 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
osai27:

Four men walked along a narrow path in a jungle. The first one saw a deadly snake across his path and fled as fast as he could. As the second man saw the snake, he froze. Then came the third man. When he saw the frozen man and the snake, he cut a small branch from a tree, killed the snake and walked away. Finally, came the fourth man. The sight of the snake frightened him that he screamed before noticing the snake was dead. He then walked away.

These four different reactions to the same snake did not depend on the snake but on the four different persons. What they did depended on what they were. If someone hits me, that doesn't mean I am bad, it displays the quality of he who hits me. I can hit back. I can ignore or forgive him.
Get full details here:
http://authspot.com/thoughts/who-are-you-16/

(1) (Reply)

Lets Start An Interesting Thread / A Poem I Read & Want To Share With Everyone Else - The Eureka Bird / Can U Luz A Job Bcus Of Luv?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.