Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating (938 Views)

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Honda Accord "Bullet" Owners & Previous Users, Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Pls assist me. My honda accord bullet will be 2 years in 2 months time.

I never changed a thing since I got the car.

I noticed for like a week now that the car which temperature guage never passes the middle portion now gets to 3/4 of the heat guage.

What can I do to address this.

I intend to take the car to a kazeem tomoro.

What can I look out for ? Please assist me @ gazzuzz et all.
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
check fans, if ok replace radiator.
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by erico2k2(m): 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
Guitarlife:

I never changed a thing since I got the car.

I noticed for like a week now that the car which temperature guage never passes the middle portion now gets to 3/4 of the heat guage.

What can I do to address this.

I intend to take the car to a kazeem tomoro.

What can I look out for ? Please assist me @ gazzuzz et all.
FOllow the aadvice above, and also, are you short of coolant?
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
Check fans as stated above, clean radiator fins with water pressure, then flush radiator & replace coolant (not water).
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by SmartchoicesNG: 3:50am On Mar 25, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Just like that? No concern about the causes except for the fans and radiator change?
No mention of a failed or failing thermostat... Or water pump defects.... A leaky cooling system... Be comprehensive next time oga Kazeem.
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:58am On Mar 25, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Just like that? No concern about the causes except for the fans and radiator change?
No mention of a failed or failing thermostat... Or water pump defects.... A leaky cooling system... Be comprehensive next time oga Kazeem.

1. The thermostat left the building a long time ago.... cheesy

2. What gazzuzz can see sitting down SmartchoicesNG cannot see at the top of Burj Khalifa.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by SmartchoicesNG: 4:02am On Mar 25, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

2. What gazzuzz can see sitting down SmartchoicesNG cannot see at the top of Burj Khalifa.
Sir be a good Kazeem and be comprehensive. That's​ all.
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by Nobody: 4:23am On Mar 25, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Good day boss, I gave the car to a new mech to service last week and that was when I started noticing the change I wanna ask is there a way I can check if the thermostat is bad. I suspect the mech might have changed my thermostat as my car over heats after about 10 mins of driving furthermore the guage never gets to the red zone cos as soon as the guage is almost passing the 3/4 level it miraculously drops to the middle again.

I suspect my thermostat may have been swapped.
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:49am On Mar 25, 2017
Guitarlife:
Good day boss, I gave the car to a new mech to service last week and that was when I started noticing the change I wanna ask is there a way I can check if the thermostat is bad. I suspect the mech might have changed my thermostat as my car over heats after about 10 mins of driving furthermore the guage never gets to the red zone cos as soon as the guage is almost passing the 3/4 level it miraculously drops to the middle again.

I suspect my thermostat may have been swapped.

open the thermostat housing, and check if the thermostat is there or not. If it is remove it and look for a new replacement if you cannot find a new replacement leave the chamber empty.

Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:03am On Mar 25, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

you are right sir.... just saw this and there is a slim possibility kazeem did not get to the original thermostat when the car came into naija. my apologies sir.

Meanwhile a thermostat is supposed to be replaced every 5years, no point leaving a 21year old thermostat in there.

Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 25, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Best response boss!!!.. D guy na puma!!
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by jum33: 6:46am On Mar 25, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Proverb 16:18:Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by jum33: 6:51am On Mar 25, 2017
jum33:

Proverb 16:18:Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Hayjaycity:

I would rather a thousand times be a free soul in jail than to be a sycophant and coward in the streets.
Eugene V. Debs

Just because u want to earn free scan!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by SmartchoicesNG: 7:02am On Mar 25, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you are right sir.... just saw this and there is a slim possibility kazeem did not get to the original thermostat when the car came into naija. my apologies sir.

Meanwhile a thermostat is supposed to be replaced every 5years, no point leaving a 21year old thermostat in there.

I appreciate your humility. Be careful of sycophants. You misunderstand me a lot.
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by SmartchoicesNG: 7:03am On Mar 25, 2017
Hayjaycity:

Don't destroy Gazzuzz. Carry your sycophancy elsewhere.
Re: My Honda Accord Bullet Overheating by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 25, 2017
Werey po nbi yi ooh!!!

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice Me. / See What Is Written On Keke Napep. / Where Can I Get Dash Mat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.