Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (75093 Views)

Choices: Another Perspective / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Choices And Chances - Episode 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 8:52am On May 09, 2017
crislyn:
I think Regina should just move out of the house...maybe he will miss her and come around.

You think so? Me too, but I think it'll be hard though since she really just wants his love and affection, and moving out will mean not seeing him anymore
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 8:53am On May 09, 2017
Mobecs:
Sad.....Is giving up her marriage really the only solution?

Apparently, for him
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by crislyn(f): 11:03am On May 09, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

You think so? Me too, but I think it'll be hard though since she really just wants his love and affection, and moving out will mean not seeing him anymore
I think she should move out and develop herself, he will appreciate her later when she's become something of herself. Her dependency and fear of him is what's giving him power. She should learn to stand!

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 2:26pm On May 23, 2017
Hi guys! I'm back here. Sorry I took long, I decided to focus on finishing the first before coming back to this one

I know I'm a few chapters late for this info, but this will be more or less a short story. Just thought you should know

That been said, love my readers and would appreciate more comments and thoughts

Oya, my feofle, ayam back

Crislyn
Divipen1
Kolaranking1
Comelyjummy
Alennsar
Electra52
LauretteB
Twinkle004
Yeeshanana
Eniqurl
Splendidiva
Ftosino
MhizDherbee

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Alennsar(f): 2:50pm On May 23, 2017
thanks for d mention

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by jey4all(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2017
Lols

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by crislyn(f): 3:29pm On May 23, 2017
I'm here Lily...I've been here sef.

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:18pm On May 23, 2017
Dedicated to @Crislyn, for her reminder. Lol

I passed a hand through my Hair, scattering the already brushed hair in the Process, but I could care less. “What a way to start the day” I sighed and went ahead to prepare the meal. I knew I wouldn't have an appetite to eat, but cooking helps me relax.

Minutes later, I was done, and I looked down on the cooked meal not knowing what to do with it. I covered the pan of egg sauce and made me my out of the kitchen and out the front door, and welcoming the warm morning air. The sun was already up

I drew a deep breath, hoping to clear the ache in chest, then breathed out. Trying the process for two more times, but it still didn't work as I felt stuffy on the inside. I sighted John sitting with his usual cane in hand. I never did quiet understand why he carries it around, but never thought to ask

“Good morning John” I greeted with a smile, as I walked up to him, and he replied as same

“How are you this morning” I Asked, and he rose to my level

“very fine madam” John replied, though with a look of not being sure why I decided to come out and greet him this morning

I nodded, and there was an awkward silence, as John's looked everywhere else but at me

“Have you eaten?” I all of a sudden asked, taken him by surprise, like the first time I had asked wasn't enough

“errrrrm, ma-madam” he stuttered “I never eat, but I go find something to eat soon madam”

“No need” I said, and before he could react, I was already pulling him towards the house ignoring his enquiring eyes and mild struggles. Until I got inside did I let go of his hand and gestured for him to sit on the dining chair.

He looked at her in a, no-madam-I-no-fit manner but decided to sit after staring a while, mostly because he was hungry and didn't want her feeling bad

My face lit up, and I went to the kitchen, brought forth the fried plantain with egg sauce and oatmeal I had prepared to the table. We sat and ate, while he went ahead to tell one of his crazy stories, and I saw myself laughing through it all, the ache I'd been feeling dissolving a bit. Seeing John devour the food with pleasure gave me joy.

After the meal, John got up and thanked Me, leaving to go to his post, and all alone. As soon as he left, I felt the void and ache come back full force as it was quiet once again. I got up, cleared out the dishes and headed back to the kitchen to clean up when my phone began ringing from my pocket. I sat the dishes down on the sink and went ahead to answer the call but noticed the absence of caller ID

“Hello?” I breathed out

“Regina Daniels?” a female voice asked on the other end

“Yes” this is her, who I'm I speaking with?” I asked politely not knowing who I was on with

“This is Claire calling from INTREPID coorporations, wishing to inform you that you're application has been reviewed again and you've been accepted to work in our cooperation.

“Are you serious?” I stifled the the scream ready to erupt from me. I was so sure I was going to be rejected, even forgotten about the interview after giving the director a piece of my Mind. I guess I just had to say my mind, I smiled

“Yes” came Claire's voice “So you're hereby required to report to the office by 8:00am Monday morning

“Yes, yes” I chirped happily and I could sense her smiling on the end due to my enthusiastic reply

“Good” she replied and then dropped the call after we said goodbyes

I dropped the phone on the kitchen counter, jumping and screaming for joy

“Madam?” I stopped my happy dance as I heard banging on the front door “Everything dey fine?” came John's worried voice

“Yes, yes, I'm sorry, you heard that?” I asked

“Yes, I dey front here"

“Okay, everything's fine, don't worry about it”

“Okay” he replied and I guess walked away

I went back to my cleaning, unable to hide the giggling as I finished with the dishes

“Can't wait to tell Mary” I picked up my phone as soon as I wiped my hands dry, picturing the surprise on my friend's face when I tell her the news, the smile still on my face.

My smile fell short when I heard the front door open and close. “Who's there?” I asked, exiting the kitchen and walked towards the living room, but stopped when I saw Daniel standing there, his briefcase in hand, with an unreadable expression

“We need to talk” he spoke

2 Likes

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:38pm On May 23, 2017
jey4all:
Lols

Lol
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Alennsar(f): 5:40pm On May 23, 2017
maybe he's back to his sense

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by yeeshanana(f): 6:20pm On May 23, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Hi guys! I'm back here. Sorry I took long, I decided to focus on finishing the first before coming back to this one

I know I'm a few chapters late for this info, but this will be more or less a short story. Just thought you should know

Crislyn
Divipen1
Kolaranking1
Comelyjummy
Alennsar
Electra52
LauretteB
Twinkle004
Yeeshanana
Eniqurl
Splendidiva
Ftosino
MhizDherbee

Oya Lehz go there. This is why I love u. Great writer u are!

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by crislyn(f): 6:32pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks for the dedication my darling. Regina should go for that job regardless of what Daniel has to say.

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by EvaJael(f): 7:02pm On May 23, 2017
Madam so na so u be...I no even sabi sey u don kwontinue o...oya make person shift for me to watch anoda olodo husband
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:40pm On May 23, 2017
yeeshanana:

Oya Lehz go there. This is why I love u. Great writer u are!

Thank you
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:44pm On May 23, 2017
EvaJael:
Madam so na so u be...I no even sabi sey u don kwontinue o...oya make person shift for me to watch anoda olodo husband

I'm so sorry,

You're welcome
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by comelyJummy(f): 8:03pm On May 23, 2017
Hey beautiful! Manage this kisses. Muah muah

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by EvaJael(f): 8:03pm On May 23, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

I'm so sorry,

You're welcome
Tanchu...anybody serving refreshments?

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by MhizDherbee(f): 10:45pm On May 23, 2017
[/quote]
Lilyjoe567:

Crislyn
Divipen1
Kolaranking1
Comelyjummy
Alennsar
Electra52
LauretteB
Twinkle004
Yeeshanana
Eniqurl
Splendidiva
Ftosino
MhizDherbee
Don't call me o.... Cuz me ayam verxing for u.
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:01am On May 24, 2017
Chai @MhizDherbee, I'm so sorry

But what I do?
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by MhizDherbee(f): 10:25am On May 24, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Chai @MhizDherbee, I'm so sorry

But what I do?
After all d wait u post jez one tiny weeny little episode Not cool... I'll haf to tell my mummy!!! embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 12:47pm On May 24, 2017
MhizDherbee:

After all d wait u post jez one tiny weeny little episode Not cool... I'll haf to tell my mummy!!! embarassed embarassed undecided

Please o, don't tell her, let's do something about it instead
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 2:12pm On May 24, 2017
“Honey, you're home early” I went ahead to greet him but there wasn't a reply. I made to take the briefcase from his hand but he didn't let me. The smile with which I came to him faltered and from the corner of my eyes, I saw his jaw clench as I he's fighting something on the inside but it turned stoic almost immediately

I sat on the couch, and he did same too but giving us a reasonable amount of space setting his briefcase down

I averted my gaze, unable to look at him. So many thoughts were running through my mind. What does he want to talk about? It's about the divorce issue no doubt but I wanted to avoid it since I replied him out of anger the day before. I didn't want a divorce, I want to work through this with him. If only he'd do same and just talk to me

“Regina” he started and my heart was thumping in my chest.
“We... he continued, but I cut him off

“I prepared something. I know you'd be hungry, you didn't eat before leaving the house. I made to get up but his voice stopped me

“Regina” he called again

“Did something happen at work, why are you home early? I tried covering up once more all the while avoiding his gaze

“Regina!” he yelled this time and I swallowed whatever I had I mind to say and turned to look at him

“About yesterday” he looked sternly at me. “We need to....

“I got a job” I spoke out suddenly, not knowing why that came out

“What?” his head whipped up to me immediately, his look intense on me. “What did you say?”

“I got a job”, I repeated “That's what you want, isn't it? He continued staring at me, not saying a word. “Isn't it?” I repeated “You wanted me to do something right? To make something out of myself? That is want I'm trying to do. I want to make us work Daniel, I want the man I fell in love with back” I scooted closer to where he was and he didn't make any sign to object. I went ahead to place my palm on his cheek, caressing his cheek gently with my thumb
“I want my Daniel back” I said, my voice breaking a little and he unconsciously leaned his face on my palm, his eyes closed like he was really fighting something and he looked so vulnerable. But suddenly, his jaw clenched and his eyes snapped open and he pried my hand away from his face once more spotting the stern look

“I'll be in my room” he got up and left the living room, and I felt my heart feeling constricted in my chest, as I fought the tears.

After few minutes of staring blankly at the living room floor, since Daniel got up and left a while ago, and the sound of his door banging shut loudly. I heaved up, taking in a deep breath as I made my way to my room and laid gently on my bed, as I stared blankly at the ceiling. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and dialled Mary's number and she picked up after the second ring

“Hi Gina?

“Hi”

“What's wrong? Did something happen?

“No, no, I'm fine

“Are you sure?

“Yes, I'm fine Mary

“So what's going on?

“I got a job”

“Really? That's great. But why do I feel like you are not happy about it

“I am happy. I guess I just didn't think I'd get it

“Well you did, and you should be proud. You deserve it

“Thanks mary

“Well enough of that, you know what this means?

“What?

“We're going shopping for corporate work clothes
I could feel her grinning

“You're right

“But Gina?

“Yea?

“Have you told Daniel?

“Yes” I said after much hesitation, thinking back to what happened

“What did he say?

“I'll tell you when we meet. Bye

I hung up and sighed. Few minutes later, I felt my lids heavy and I was soon asleep. I felt the bed dip beside me and someone gently caressing my cheek but felt it was a dream, when I woke up to find the space beside me empty. I checked the time and it was evening already, I got up immediately and headed to the kitchen to make dinner. After I was done, I went to his room to call him to eat. I knocked but there wasn't a reply. I pushed the door open gently, peering inside.
“Daniel?” I called in a hushed tone not to wake him up if he was sleeping, but he didn't reply. I opened the door widely before it dawned on me. He isn't home

2 Likes

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by MhizDherbee(f): 2:24pm On May 24, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Please o, don't tell her, let's do something about it instead
Not good enuf still..... undecided undecided undecided
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by crislyn(f): 5:11pm On May 24, 2017
Awww poor Gina. What's happening Lily...what did she do?
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:55pm On May 24, 2017
MhizDherbee:

Not good enuf still..... undecided undecided undecided

Ayaf die o, so what do we do?
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:55pm On May 24, 2017
crislyn:
Awww poor Gina. What's happening Lily...what did she do?

Suspence.... grin
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:34pm On May 24, 2017
I rushed back to my room, picked up my phone and dialled his number. My mind was going haywire, many thoughts running through them. It rang but I hung up immediately. What he's fine and I'm just overreacting, and then I call him and he gets mad at me? But he has never gone out in the evening without being angry, or maybe if we fought. We didn't fight, we talked but that was in the morning, so what made him leave just like that

I paced up and down my room before deciding to call again. What's the worse that can happen right? I sighed and pressed the phone close to my ear. It rang a while before going to voicemail. What's going on? I was beginning to panic and left my room, walking the hallways of the house, the phone still pressed to my ear as I continued calling. I was walking past his room door when I heard ringing. I paused and turned to enter his room, and lo, the phone was on his table.

He left the phone home? I questioned, my heart beating out of my chest. I ran out to ask John if he knows where he went, but John said “No” only that he just requested the gate be opened, in a rushed manner, and then he drove out

I rushed back inside and dialled Mary's number

“Mary, he's left home and I don't know where he is”

“What?”

“He just left, do you think something's wrong?”

“Okay Regina, just calm down and tell me what's going on”

“He was in his room, so I went in and slept, and now this evening I went to call him to eat dinner but he's not there”

“Maybe he went out”

“Without his phone? And now I can't get to him

“I'm coming over Gina”

“No, don't, maybe I'm just overreacting”

“Yes, you are, you need to calm down, he'll be back. Did you guys fight?

“No

“Exactly, so just be calm, and call me if he still isn't back”

“Okay” I took a deep breath and hung up, though still thinking about various scenarios happening

I finally sat in the living room couch, my eyes fixed on the front door, waiting for him. After over an hour of staring and no sign of him coming through, I got up and began pacing once more. The sound of my phone ringing snapped me off my thoughts. I grabbed it immediately without even checking for the caller ID and pressed it to my ear

“Hello” I breathed out

“Regina, you need to come to the hospital right now”

“What? Doctor Jeremiah, what's going on?”

I asked our family doctor, not knowing why he was sounding like that, and why he wants me in the hospital, or why he was calling by this hour

“Just come to the hospital right now” and he hung up

Without been told twice, I grabbed my car keys, sprinting out the front door like a mad woman and made straight for my car, yelling for John to open the gate. I know I probably owe him an apology for yelling at him, but that could wait. My husband's not home, and our family doctor is calling for me to be at the hospital, which could only mean one thing

I reached the hospital parking lot, and parked my car, jumping out of it, not even sure if I locked it or not as I made my way into the hospital. I ran straight ahead looking for Dr Jeremiah and thankfully he met me halfway to his office

“What's going on doctor? I asked catching me breath”

“Calm down Regina and just come with me”

I nodded and followed him as he took me to a private ward. He opened the door and there laid my husband in the hospital bed,a drip going through him, and he was out cold

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by bossy512(f): 8:15pm On May 24, 2017
it is well Gina, everything will be okay, well done ma, more inspiration
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:01pm On May 24, 2017
bossy512:
it is well Gina, everything will be okay, well done ma, more inspiration

Thank you
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by EvaJael(f): 9:13pm On May 24, 2017
Poor Gina. Sis Lily abeg add anoda one na

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:21pm On May 24, 2017
EvaJael:
Poor Gina. Sis Lily abeg add anoda one na

You too Evajael, and I thought MhizDherbee is the only only one that wants my brain to start crying. Lol
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by MhizDherbee(f): 9:25pm On May 24, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

You too Evajael, and I thought MhizDherbee is the only only one that wants my brain to start crying. Lol

When? Is it my fault dat d story z bae

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story... / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.