Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,996 members, 7,835,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Sex Education: Shaping The Sexual Attitude Of The Contemporary Child (2) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex Education: Shaping The Sexual Attitude Of The Contemporary Child (2) (680 Views)

Who's Responsibility Is It To Teach Sex Education? Parents Or Schools? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education / Sex Education: Shaping The Sexual Attitude Of The Contemporary Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sex Education: Shaping The Sexual Attitude Of The Contemporary Child (2) by gospelseed(m): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2009
In the same article where a man reacted to the issue on sex education for children as ", the worst case of child abuse brazenly endorsed by the nations education authorities and unleashed on today’s kids like a poisonous live snake!" A man responded to the issue this way, "SEXUAL ABSTINENCE: Rubbish! To demand that a girl abstains from sex until she is married is to impose an unbearable burden on our daughters.” (Ugochukwu Ejinkeonye, “Nigeria’s Last Virgins” The Vanguard, (Kaduna), 12 October 2006, p.39). If teaching children to abstain from sex before marriage is rubbish, what do we tag promiscuity before marriage?

Is it right for parents to encourage their daughters to have sex before marriage? Kindly give reasons to help others please. Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: Sex Education: Shaping The Sexual Attitude Of The Contemporary Child (2) by Sissy3(f): 9:59am On Dec 23, 2009
speaking personally for myself, it is not something i would be proud of  or gracefully encourage and i dont think any good mother in the deepest depth of her heart would also, but those are just wishes because at last, the girl is going to make the decision herself to or not to. but the good thing about is that as a mother and as a parent you are in better position to let her know her options and leave the decision to her.

(1) (Reply)

How My Father Make Me To Know This Truth That Change My Life / Urgent Advice / Generic Groceries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.