Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby (33331 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Dunamis Glory Dome Dedication In Abuja / The Dedication Of Glory Dome, Dunamis Headquarters In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by kevoh(m): 10:45am On Mar 26, 2017
You are giving yourself headache over a pointless ritual! undecided There's more to be happy for that I would suggest you to focus on than dancing with your baby towards some raised platform called an altar and getting the approval of the church hypocrites.

1. Be proud that you have a child and be happy for him/her, many have done abortions just to conform with church rules/doctrines of not being pregnant before wedding and years after they are still chidless.

2. Be grateful that you child is healthy.

3. Be happy that you have a wonderful spouse who stands by you always.

4 Be happy for yourself that you are not tormented constantly of being childless.

5. Stop debasing yourself and your child. Conception is a beautiful natural process that humans wish for and is part of us.

You do not need any silly church ritual open/private to determine your hapiness in life! Remain positive abeg!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 26, 2017
This is why I hate Nigerian churches!!!

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by JerryTemi(f): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
You want to no what some pastors do in secret and you expect me to say it,bros google it. I have made my point clear and is not a must for you to accept it because there is something I no about God that keeps me going which is His Mercies not man mercies and I can never run out of His Grace,Mercy and Love.have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by treasuredkids(f): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
@ op, I really dnt know the denomination or church u attend but in most orthodox churches there's something known as "church discipline". This discipline is meted out on members who derailed or fell by the way side, realized their mistakes and are willing to be subject to the church's discipline before being reinstated and welcome back into the house.

Going by your admittance of ur wrong doing, shows how much u value ur r/ship with God. On the other hand, its clear that ur church does not have that disciplinary body at work, if not the issue of an open or secret dedication will not even come up in d first place.

My dear rules are rules be it a church or an organisation where u work. Dnt expect an exception where the rules apply to everyone. The idea or advise to leave the church may not be worth it in d long run cos u will still find ish with the church u will go to.

Accept what has been offered and let go of ur hurt.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Gloriagee(f): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
Penance for her, not the child na
Kondomatic:
So you want the Church to lower its standard because you have repented and your child is pure?
There's always a little penance for every sin.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by nursennenny(f): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sweetheart, don't feel so bad.
No one is judging you
They are just trying to uphold what is holy.
Cos if they don't, it will become a norm in no distant time just like you see pregnant brides

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by janvier27(m): 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
I know deep down you know that your church doctrine is very silly, hypocritical and not christlike. Who are they to play God. I know that Catholic church for instance will never discriminate against a child no matter the circumstances of his birth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Natascha(f): 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
Forget that church. Go to another church Which kinda church be that? Rubish!
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by engoldzee(f): 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
[quote author=dingbang post=54951448]Do not go to a church that you aren't welcome, forThe house of the lord is not meant for righteous people. They are hypocrites in his sight

Epic response you have said it all.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Cordis92(f): 11:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
Wait ooo. Let me understand this church

Does it mean that if a prostitute gives birth and decides to dedicate her baby that the church will not do it openly?
Which one is secret dedication again?

What is dedication?

Is it not to present the child before the congregation to God?
No wonder Jesus told the Jews that they will be there while the prostitutes will be making heaven.

To me all that matters is love. If someone has sinned against the church and has asked for forgiveness, I think she should be given her rights too. This is how some churches have lost many souls who would have been converted.
But sister, it is not enough to leave the church for you are going to church to serve God and not man.
Do the secret dedication. The most important thing is that you have presented your child to God. Let God be the judge.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Smart41(m): 11:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
Come let me dedicate it for you angry
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Afam4eva(m): 11:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
now look at it from this angle, if the church does accept to do open thanksgiving the same people who are condemning the church will still condemn the church for supporting the process through which d child came.

The point is the child doesn't have anything to loose for not being dedicated openly

I wasn't dedicated in church and it doesn't make me less of myself or anybody.

Dedication doesn't mean the child must know God etc.

Just let it be.

It's better for the baby not to be dedicated at all than to be discriminated against. I'm surprised that someone would even think that is acceptable.

@OP
You already know the answer to your question. Leave that church asap. It's not for you. Go to a place where you will be accepted. You're not the first person to get pregnant outside wedlock and you won't be the last. God punish anybody that passes judges as if they're not without sin themselves. umu Ogbanje.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Unemadu: 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
The church is now holier than though pharisees.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Would really appreciate some words of advice please. I'm really sad. No judgmental posts posse.

I conceived my first child when I was dating my boyfriend, now husband and then we got married shortly after I fell pregnant. We had planned to get married even before I got pregnant but when I got pregnant, we then decided to bring the date forward. It was a very difficult period for me because my mum really made me feel bad. I repented to God from a heart of genuine sincerity and sought his forgiveness which I received by his grace. I fell short of the glory of God but God forgave me and had mercy on me.

Fast forward to a year plus after my wedding. My son is now 6 months and we would like to dedicate him in church. We have however been told that the church will not accept him for the regular dedication process where the parents dance out to the front of the church alongside close relatives and friends. What the church has said is that we can only do a private dedication service in a different room after the service. I'm devastated.

My son is innocent and pure. He was conceived from a sinful act but God has forgiven us. I've now been happily married to my husband and father of my child for more than a year. Is it therefore fair for the church to treat my son like he's an outcast and not worthy of being celebrated openly and publicly?

I feel so humiliated and wanted to cancel the dedication and do it in a church where h will be openly celebrated and received as a wonderful gift from God which my darling son is. My husband has accepted it but I'm struggling to do so. The church is supposed to be about love. What is the biblical basis for saying that my son cannot be pubclily dedicated?

Would really like some views here. Should I cancel the dedication and do it somewhere else or go ahead with the private/ secret dedication?

Many thanks for reading.

I don't want to say this but I smell Catholic Church.

Some people were born into this world without dedication. As they grow, the dedicate their lives to God. I still "re-dedicate" my life once in a while. And like what AgbenuAnna said, dedication doesn't necessarily mean the child must know God.

So I think you can go to any true Church that preaches the word of God and dedicate your child to God.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Googleus(m): 11:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
now look at it from this angle, if the church does accept to do open thanksgiving the same people who are condemning the church will still condemn the church for supporting the process through which d child came.

The point is the child doesn't have anything to loose for not being dedicated openly

*~I wasn't dedicated in church and it doesn't make me less of myself or any body's~*.

Dedication doesn't mean the child must know God etc.

Just let it be.

Are u sure?

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by lonelydora: 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Would really appreciate some words of advice please. I'm really sad. No judgmental posts posse.

I conceived my first child when I was dating my boyfriend, now husband and then we got married shortly after I fell pregnant. We had planned to get married even before I got pregnant but when I got pregnant, we then decided to bring the date forward. It was a very difficult period for me because my mum really made me feel bad. I repented to God from a heart of genuine sincerity and sought his forgiveness which I received by his grace. I fell short of the glory of God but God forgave me and had mercy on me.

Fast forward to a year plus after my wedding. My son is now 6 months and we would like to dedicate him in church. We have however been told that the church will not accept him for the regular dedication process where the parents dance out to the front of the church alongside close relatives and friends. What the church has said is that we can only do a private dedication service in a different room after the service. I'm devastated.

My son is innocent and pure. He was conceived from a sinful act but God has forgiven us. I've now been happily married to my husband and father of my child for more than a year. Is it therefore fair for the church to treat my son like he's an outcast and not worthy of being celebrated openly and publicly?

I feel so humiliated and wanted to cancel the dedication and do it in a church where h will be openly celebrated and received as a wonderful gift from God which my darling son is. My husband has accepted it but I'm struggling to do so. The church is supposed to be about love. What is the biblical basis for saying that my son cannot be pubclily dedicated?

Would really like some views here. Should I cancel the dedication and do it somewhere else or go ahead with the private/ secret dedication?

Many thanks for reading.

I told some pastors and reverends that they are unknowingly promoting 'abortion' by this so called law.

If mistake happens, why not wed the couple in church and forgive them? This makes most men and women abort their first child. Cancel the dedication and do it elsewhere. They will come begin later.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by NovusHomo(m): 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Many thanks for reading.

See the bolded. Do not dedicate your son to anyone; not even God. The child is innocent and pure, conceived the same way as a lot of us. Forget sin, it is a ploy to make you feel guilty and depend on those 419 men who claim to be of God. You and your husband should dedicate yourselves to the innocent child. Care for him, raise him in your authentic (African, I suppose) culture. Teach him to know right from wrong. Let him know that nothing is free and that for every freedom there is a responsibility. Raise him to serve humanity, for it is all we know. All others are "them say". Good luck to you as you raise another man in a society that will seek to destroy him. Stay strong. Forget the Church for it is a scam, even from its beginnings. Good luck to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by DollarAngel(m): 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dedication is Dedication be it open or in clandestine, don't be ceremonious with salvation or spirituality, some will do it some won't, that's at the minister's discretion. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by mmsen: 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Why do you give that church so much power over you and your happiness?

You are right, your child is innocent and pure, it is the church that is not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Allstrasse: 11:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
I am not one to comment on religious matters but for some reason the self-inflicted anguish of this mother who is like a baby herself got to me.

The only picture that comes before me is the question;

"What would Jesus do?"

A quick reference to the story about the lady who was brought before the Lord Christ on allegations of infidelity comes to mind. That scene has been beautifully captured in celluloid. And His response is classic

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Lady, you do not need the church. It is the church that needs you. It cannot survive without you.

The day your many years of distorted programming gives way to the Truth, you will be set free indeed.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 11:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
When you choose not to do the right thing,why do you people always lament after?
The right thing is not to fornicate and get pregnant.If you do,you will not have things the way they ought to be.
Accept the private dedication or decide to move to another 'church' and have an elaborate dedication service or better still start your own church.
If the church cannot uphold standards,of what use is Church then?It will eventually become a lawless institute.

3 Likes

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by pocohantas(f): 11:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
JerryTemi:
[b]him.Assume you did abortion
that would have made you the best Christian Abi?[/b]Have this at the back of your mind Nigerians practice RELIGION NOT Christianity. kiss your boy for and tell him that I love him and his welcome.

Abortion is not the only way to avoid pregnancy. There is abstinence, contraceptives... 'safe period'.
Enough of this abortion talk.

2 Likes

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Emycord: 11:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
And so you came to report ur church on a forum where muslims abound so they can bash ur church for you? Are you that stupid? And when they open a mooseslim thread do they allow you to comment there no until they make a muslim out of you! Have you not read that was said tell it not in gath and publish it not on the streets of ashkelon..... Ur church may have rules which you broke but you will not tell us the whole truth And many christians will be here ready to abuse the body of christ Shame on you all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by BigIyanga: 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Your brain-washed logic that your son's birth date is sinful seems to valide your pastor's position that u gave birth to an illegemiate child- which is not the case. So if u had aborted the child, you would have been saintly before your congregation?
Your son is innocent and a blessing from God. Go where you are celebrated not tolerated!!

3 Likes

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by botad(m): 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Three (3) of those dedicated ladies participated in the ongoing BBNAIJA!

anotherydz:
Dedication is not in the church it is in the heart. A lot of so called "dedicated" baby have grown to become menace to the society. Pray in your closet no dedication is greater than this. angry
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by vislabraye(m): 11:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Many thanks for reading.

You've made mistakes and you should move on. Tradition of men is affecting the church. The church probably do not want to be associated with what could look like a scandal.
But I see this funny cos if a corrupt politician visits that church, he would be given a front seat. I would advise you to leave where you are not welcomed. People have left churches and nothing evil befell them. You can dedicate the child yourself by praying for him and/or calling matured Christian friends of yours to pray and dedicate him to God. .

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by mudiana(m): 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
permit me to say this, some churches leaders will end up in hell for doctrines they picked up from the gutters.

my sister bless an olive oil and empty it on ur child's head. That's gud stuff!!!
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by ManTiger(m): 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
Livie2016:
Hello,

Many thanks for reading.
[size=20pt] Cancel the dedication, you sinned, acknowledge and confess and you've been truly forgiven but your church is making it look like your child (Happiness) is not worthy to be celebrated openly because of the earthly made rule, It is bad, VERY VERY BAD!

Make dem kuku tell you say dem no like you for that church.

What NONSNSE! [/size]
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Allstrasse:
I am not one to comment on religious matters but for some reason the self-inflicted anguish of this mother who is like a baby herself got to me.

The only picture that comes before me is the question;

"What would Jesus do?"

A quick reference to the story about the lady who was brought before the Lord Christ on allegations of infidelity comes to mind. That scene has been beautifully captured in celluloid. And His response is classic

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Lady, you do not need the church. It is the church that needs you. It cannot survive without you.

The day your many years of distorted programming gives way to the Truth, you will be set free indeed.
Your comment is not in order.
Jesus' final comment to the lady was 'go and sin no more'.He didn't say come let us have a celebration and that was deliberate.
What would Jesus do?Exactly what her church has done.

David in the bible slept with another man's wife(organised his death) and conceived a child with her.That child fell sick.David prayed,fasted and did all but the child still died.
Sometimes we really need to know the word of God before criticizing the church.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Maybe God wants to see how true your repentance is, atimes God forgives us but we still suffer the consequences.

Either you dance out or you do a room dedication, ask yourself, did God accept this child? Don't go elsewhere, that is just the consequences of your sin. Follow the way the church want it.

God bless you, God bless your son, God bless your home.

2 Likes

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Nmeliville(m): 11:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
So pathetic, am sorry to say this : THAT IS NOT A CHURCH ⛪!
Had it been that you guys fund 85% projects of the church, surely the G.O or Bishop ♗ will honour the child's dedication, AIT may even cover it angry endtymCHEECH

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by chronique(m): 11:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
A lot of Nigerians are just not sensible and it really shows why the country is messed up. Yes, the op went against the church doctrine and has repented. That does not mean she shouldn't face the consequences. David took the wife of one of his men, arranged for the man to be killed in battle, slept with the wife and had a child. He prayed to God for forgiveness and he was forgiven. That did not stop God from punishing him and killing the child. The fact that you repented doesn't mean you will not face the consequences of your actions. If the church makes the mistake of bending the rules to accommodate you, they would be setting a precedence and would no longer be able to effect their doctrines. Every other person would use you as an example as to why they should not be sanctioned. You can't eat your cake and have it. Stop being sentimental and emotional about it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Members Crawl And Follow Their Pastor Around In Church / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart / Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.