Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Abuse Of Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abuse Of Faith (242 Views)

Abuse Of Women In The Bible. / Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abuse Of Faith by ayodeledy: 11:54am On Mar 26, 2017
ABUSE OF FAITH

I have seen a lot of Christians who do a lot of funny things today in the name of faith. I have seen faith without work; faith without wisdom; faith outside the word of God; faith in sin; faith without knowledge etc.

I have seen a man who gave birth to 9 children with a salary that is less than N10,000 claiming that, 'I know God who gave me the children will provide for their needs.' A man who refused to do family planning and yet won't bring his libido under subjection. No one can mock God. It's the height of foolishness to give birth to children you can't cater for. It is a different thing if something happens to your source of income after giving birth to them.

I have seen Christians who refuse to take drugs or seek medical help on ailments that are curable medically in the name of faith, which eventually killed them, but could have been avoided with just a simple treatment. This is more like suicide.

I have seen Christian men who married without jobs. God in his divine wisdom provided a job for Adam before giving him a wife.
Genesis 2:15, "And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it."

Genesis 2:18, "And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."

I have seen Christian students who wants to pass their exams without studying. As much as praying and other spiritual activities are good, they can never replace studying. John 5:17, "But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work."

No amount of prayer will replace work because faith without work is dead.

I have also seen Christians who prefer to drink anointing oil instead of obeying God's instructions. It doesn't matter how many it has worked for; it is not scriptural to drink anointing oil. Today it's a doctrine to drink anointing oil. What an error!

It is wrong to tempt God. Matthew 4:7 Jesus said unto him, "It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." You don't need to deliberately eat poison to prove that God is able to deliver His own. He will surely deliver you if you eat poison unknowingly or accidentally.

Faith in foolishness is another wrong move; this applies to Christians who practically behave foolish, thinking it's faith. Many have refused to start small because they're trusting God for a big deal. Roaming the streets looking for a big job despising little start point. This is known as laziness and not faith.

The worst I have seen is faith been exercised in sin and unrighteousness. Who do they think God is? Psalms 7:11, "God is an honest judge. He is angry with the wicked every day."

Exercising Faith by a sinner which is unto repentance is no doubt regarded by God. Faith can never be used to bribe God.

Faith is not foolishness
Faith without work is dead
Faith has principles
Faith must be in line with God's word
Faith is result-oriented

AYODELE ADEOYE

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Nigerians Don’t Mistreat Widows / For Peaceful World - Curb On Arms Trade And The Dialogue Between Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.